Hangover Cures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about not drinking?
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Pedialyte and a **** load of water before you go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        How about not drinking?
        What's the fun in that.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

i always eat before i leave downtown morgantown (prefereably dp dough--dchess knows where im talking about) or when i get home i make a sandwich or something

also i drink a bottle of water before i go to sleep

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Edit: taking painkillers while your body is recovering from drinking isn't really good for your body (but would be ok in the morning, after at least a small breakfast). Alcohol and acetametaphine/ibuprophen/whatever are all hard on your stomach and liver and when combined potentially does alot more damage. I'd recommend chugging a glass of water/gatorade/anything with electrolytes maybe half hour before bed and spend that time relaxing and not drinking more. Also nutrient rich foods like fruits and vegetables or a piece of plain bread (or with peanut butter) help you recover a lot faster than greasy, meaty food because its easier for your body to digest and has more of the things your body needs to recover.
            Last edited by umphrey; 02-17-2008, 07:35 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I don't get hangovers, but that's probably because I just drink beer. I take a few Ibuprofens before I go to bed just in case.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

so it might sound a bit weird but cutting up a raw potato and eating it will help a lot. it soaks up the alcohol while still having an effect on you. alka seltzer helps. and like everybody else has said, water and tylenol.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I was hungover when I took my SATs which is why I'm a non-qualifier lol

Comment

^I took my ACTs the day after graduation and I was still drunk, I went outside during the break and got locked out and missed almost the entire reading section (or whatever section it was) I got an 8 in that section and a 21 overall. :(

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      ^I took my ACTs the day after graduation and I was still drunk, I went outside during the break and got locked out and missed almost the entire reading section (or whatever section it was) I got an 8 in that section and a 21 overall. :(

I was just annoyed with reading so I started skipping questions and my headache kept getting worse, it seemed. So without reading the questions I just started marking answers..

Comment

Best cure right there.

Anyways, all of you who take Advil or whatever before you go to sleep are not being very smart. That's really hard on your body, especially when you're already drinking massive amounts of booze.

Also, I'm willing to bet that most of you who " don't get hangovers" are either pretty young, haven't drank for very long, or don't drink large quantities. Just wait until you get a bit older. I never used to get them either.

One more thing. Different types of alcohol can give you worse hangovers. Usually darker types of alcohol cause the worst hangovers because of all the sugar and other ingredients in them.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I actually took the ACTs twice, the first time i actually studied a bit and stayed in the night before and got like a 22 or 23. I was looking into some schools with higher requirements and decided to take it again. By that time I decided I wanted to just go to UW-Milwaukee and my score was already good enough so really just went to take it because I was already signed up and everything. Got completely bombed the night before and ended up getting a 27. Gotta love multiple-choice tests.
                          JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            I was just annoyed with reading so I started skipping questions and my headache kept getting worse, it seemed. So without reading the questions I just started marking answers..
                            I took the test at a different HS and I went to smoke a cigarette and the door locked behind me I couldn't get anyone to let me back in so I was banging on the door and finally a janitor let me in. The school was huge and I didn't know which way was the main entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Best cure right there.

Anyways, all of you who take Advil or whatever before you go to sleep are not being very smart. That's really hard on your body, especially when you're already drinking massive amounts of booze.

Also, I'm willing to bet that most of you who " don't get hangovers" are either pretty young, haven't drank for very long, or don't drink large quantities. Just wait until you get a bit older. I never used to get them either.

One more thing. Different types of alcohol can give you worse hangovers. Usually darker types of alcohol cause the worst hangovers because of all the sugar and other ingredients in them.
                              Bloody Marys are very good for hangovers and they taste great too!

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

If you take care of yourself before/during/after drinking you can probably completely eliminate hangovers...problem is it's hard when you're drunk. Also I pretty much only drink beer/whiskey/occasionally rum but when I drink vodka or fruity drinks that makes a hangover more likely. I think micro brew helps prevent it too...if I drink a few dark thick beers before I'm tanked anyway. Probably because the thick hoppy liquid is better than sugar, water, alcohol and preservatives.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information