Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Time NBA Draft POLL - Who has the best team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brodeur
    Originally posted by SuperMcgee
    Originally posted by Brodeur
    Best bench player on all the times is Sabonis, who was an absolute monster in Europe. Team 9 is damn good and I'd go with it just a little bit over Team 5 and Team 3.
    best bench player is definitely Bob McAdoo
    You've obviously never seen Sabonis in the European league. McAdoo is a great player, though.
    How about Elvin "in the top 8 all-time in rebounds and points" Hayes.
    myspace.com/infantreemusic

Comment

Originally posted by critesy
      team 7 cause of dikembe mutombo

hes only one of the best defensive and shot blocking centers of all time but whatever

Comment

i hope no one has voted for themselves

Comment

The Funky Town White Boys aka Team 8

1st Round
          For me this was a tough choice between two of the greatest players to ever play the game: Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Larry Bird. Both were great players and both were winners. While Kareem was the better scorer, Larry had the more complete game. What it came down to in the end was who was more clutch? And who made their teammates better? And in my mind the answer to both of those questions is Larry Bird.

So, with the 6th pick in the all-era draft the Funky-Town White Boys select,

Larry Bird, SF/PF

2nd round:

After much debate, the Funky Town White Boys select one of the most dominating Forwards to ever play the game. A player who could do it all and carry his team when need be. With that said, the 4th pick of the 2nd round is

"Sir" Charles Barkley, PF

3rd round:

Bill Walton C

When he was in his prime, Bill was one of the best to ever play the game. He was a force on both sides of the court and had great size and athleticism while being one of the most fundamentally sound big men to play the game. We strongly considered him with our 2nd round pick but thought that he might slip due to injuries that cut his best years short. We here in the Funky town organization are thrilled to bring Mr. Walton aboard.

4th round:

After much debating in the war room we have decided on our pick. He is the only player to make 10 straight All-NBA first teams, and arguably the greatest PG to ever play the game. Playing in an era of no shot clock and stingy satiations ( when he played it was harder to get credited for an assist, in his era assists were awarded, on 53 percent of all field goals while today assists are credited on 61 percent) he still averaged over 20 points, 6.5 rebounds and 8.5 assists in his prime. He was one of the greatest passers and playmakers in NBA history. So with that said, The Funky Town White Boys select

"The Houdini of the Hardwood" Bob Cousy

5th round

There is mass hystaria here in war room as we steal one of the best to ever play the game. This pick was our biggest no-brainer of the draft. This player was one of the greatest scorers in NBA history and the smoothest player to ever play the game. Only Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan have won more league scoring championships then him. As NBA.com put it, "To fully appreciate the greatness of "the Iceman" one had to see him rise up for a silky-smooth jump shot from 25 feet, twirl a heavenly finger-roll while soaring through the lane, execute a graceful reverse layup with either hand or explode for a sneaky power dunk between a pair of 7-foot defenders". With that said,
          With the 6th pick of the the 5th round of the NBA all-era draft, The Funky Town White Boys select:

SG - George "Iceman" Gervin

Starting Line-up:
          PG - Bob Cousy
          SG - George "Iceman" Gervin
          SF - Larry Bird
          PF - "Sir" Charles Barkley
          C - Bill Walton

Other Picks

He is 8th all-time in scoring with 27,313 points and 6th in rebounds with 16,279. His stingy defense and hard-nosed style of play made him one of the most feared and dominating players in the league. At 6'8 240, The Big E was a tough, punishing presence down low which is just what we needed coming off the bench. So, with the 4th pick in round seven the Funky Town White Boys select,

PF - Elvin Hayes

This was another easy pick for us here in the Funky Town White Boys war room. When in his prime, this player was one of the best offensively and defensively to ever play his position. He is an 8-time NBA All-Defensive First Teamer (the most selections ever). He will be a great 6th man and could start when playing against a team with a bigger PG, but either way, he is a guy that really improves our team. With that said, with the 4th pick in round 6, The Funky Town White Boys select,

PG - "The Glove" Gary Payton

This player is one of the best shoters to ever play the game. He was a stingy defender and one the most clutch players to ever step on the hardwood. He will be our 2nd option late in the game with Larry Legend being our first. So without further adieu....It's Miller Time. The Funky Town White Boys select:

SG - Reggie Miller

Not to mention two of the best defensivly to ever play their positions in Ben Wallace and Dennis Johnson.
          myspace.com/infantreemusic

Comment

I think we should count votes based off people who have commented.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit
              I think we should count votes based off people who have commented.

neine.

Comment

No one commented on Team 8, yet so far they are in the lead with 4 votes... hmmm.... fishy....

Comment

Go my team !!! !!! !!! !!!

Comment

I'm going with the white boys.

Comment

Team 7 has Adrian Dantley playing PF!? Dantley was a 6'4 200 lb shooting guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv

No Karl Malone would play most of the game and when he did come out we would just play with a smal lineup like the suns

Comment

Originally posted by Maroney22

No Karl Malone would play most of the game and when he did come out we would just play with a smal lineup like the suns
                          are you saying team 7 is YOURS :o

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

lol, sorry but i had to fill in your lineup... you kinda had a small bench so i went by height. if you want me to change that let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by critesy

are you saying team 7 is YOURS :o
                              uh ya

Comment

Team 3 has the best defensive forwards.... just and observation

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information