No announcement yet.

Grillmasters unite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charcoal tastes much better than propane.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Schubert
      Originally posted by Vikings Fan
      Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
      Originally posted by njx9
      i don't know how anyone could vote propane for any reason other than convenience/hoa rules.

the other secret is how long you grill the meat. anyone who grills a burger until it's gray all the way through as a matter of course should never be allowed near a spatula again. the standard cook time should always be medium, with variation on request. this also applies to steak.
      Yeah, you gotta preheat the grill so that when you put the meat on, the heat sears it and seals the juices in.
      Searing actually doesnt keep juices in.
      Yes it does, but even more important is letting the meat rest.
      Most important thing when cooking any meat. At least 10 mins.
      You cut that steak/chicken/whatever open right away, and there goes all the effort you put into making it moist.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Schubert
        i don't know how anyone could vote propane for any reason other than convenience/hoa rules.

the other secret is how long you grill the meat. anyone who grills a burger until it's gray all the way through as a matter of course should never be allowed near a spatula again. the standard cook time should always be medium, with variation on request. this also applies to steak.
        Yeah, you gotta preheat the grill so that when you put the meat on, the heat sears it and seals the juices in.
        Searing actually doesnt keep juices in.
        Yes it does, but even more important is letting the meat rest.

Letting the meat rest is critical. But all the heat does from searing is burst the little cell walls and let juice out. Foot Network did a test on it.

Comment

People think searing meat seals juices in, but what it really does is give the meat flavor. That nice brown color/crust, is nothing but concentrated flavor heaven. I saw Alton Brown do a test, and what he did was weigh the 2 steaks afterward. The seared steak was slightly lighter.

If you're BBQ'ing, there is no need to sear.....you will get plenty of browning naturally.
          I always sear my pot-roast though.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm concentrated flavor heaven drooooooooooooooollllllllllllll
            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason
              People think searing meat seals juices in, but what it really does is give the meat flavor. That nice brown color/crust, is nothing but concentrated flavor heaven. I saw Alton Brown do a test, and what he did was weigh the 2 steaks afterward. The seared steak was slightly lighter.

If you're BBQ'ing, there is no need to sear.....you will get plenty of browning naturally.

Indeed, flavor but no Juice. Alton Brown is an awesome Chef. I try to never miss his show. I hate that damn kid he brought on unfortunantly.

Comment

Indeed, flavor but no Juice. Alton Brown is an awesome Chef. I try to never miss his show. I hate that damn kid he brought on unfortunantly.
                Dude, I've never made a recipe from him that didn't turn out great. Now, anytime I wanna make something that I'm not sure about, or want ideas about, I always go to foodnetwork.com and see if he's got a recipe for it. He usually does. He definitely knows his stuff.

Comment

Dude, I've never made a recipe from him that didn't turn out great. Now, anytime I wanna make something that I'm not sure about, or want ideas about, I always go to foodnetwork.com and see if he's got a recipe for it. He usually does. He definitely knows his stuff.

Huh? I love that guy. I wasnt trying to say he s ucks. I made one of his recipes last night in fact.

Comment

i hate the pink, well done for me (not burnt to a crisp though

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

Cool, I'll have to check out some of this dudes recipes. I don't have the food network, but I'll see what I can find online.
                      i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Cook with indirect heat and take your time. Grilling isn't a race its an art, a passion if you will. Take your time and you'll be glad you did.

Sig by Raiderfan_89

Comment

Re: Grillmasters unite

If you are a grillmaster (even if it's self appointed) share your secrets here!

Cooking over open flame is about the only way I know.

I can tell you that the #1 secret to becoming a grillmaster is marinade. It will take anything to a whole new level! Of course, there are a million different marinades out there so you have to know what you're going for.

And then there's the age long debate; charcoal or propane?

I like the taste of charcoal but I use propane at the moment because of convenience. When I have the money and room though, I want to get a Big Green Egg. They're supposed to be the shhitttteeeee. :)
                          I prefer charcoal but BBQ with gas for the most part...

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

i like charcoal

Comment

Here is a good website for grilling.

http://www.bbqu.net/

Sig by Raiderfan_89

Comment

i prefer charcoal...last summer i had a charcoal grill, and i don't wanna brag, but i mastered the damn thing. i had it down.

for a wedding present, my wife's uncles pitched in and got us an amazing gas grill. its really a thing of beauty. but i haven't quite mastered it yet....never owned a gas grill before and it takes some getting used to.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information