Lacrosse thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    Shawnee is so dirty. LaPierre is just ridiculous, and any time you can be connected to the awesomeness of Rutgers football, you equal win!
    LaPierre is the man in football too. Our school faced him (I believe it was a Scrimmage) and he ran over us and threw us (safety too). He hit 44 TDs this year, however our RB got County Player of the Year....BUT because LaPierre got nearly every other accolade you could get.

The kid is a beast.

And R-Blaz is always worth a mention.
    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
      I play middie for St.Norbert College. We had a meeting tonight to start up our season, we only have about 18 guys so it could be rough for us. First practice of the year is tomorrow. It should be interesting.
      that's pretty sweet. What level is that?

18 guys is pretty rough, but as long as most of the bench guys are middies you shouldn't be too too bad. Middie's are insane, I can just imagine what it's like at the college level
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

that's pretty sweet. What level is that?

18 guys is pretty rough, but as long as most of the bench guys are middies you shouldn't be too too bad. Middie's are insane, I can just imagine what it's like at the college level
        http://greatlakeslax.org/pages/modules/content/?id=1

We are a club team. We play in the Great Lakes Lacrosse League. We do play some good schools such as Marquette, UW-Milwaukee, Milwaukee School of Engineering. But we also play some teams that have older guys, for instance Mad Cow is a club team made up of older guys in their 30's. Most of them are dicks, we actually got into a fight with them last year because one of their guys punched one of our guys in the face. It go real ugly after that. I did get to lay out two older guys during the game which was pretty sweet.

We do have some talent so hopefully we have a good year, however we are replacing 13 seniors who made up a lot of our scoring, so the first games may be a bit of a learning process for us. Depth will be an issue, as will conditioning for some of the other guys since drinking is a nightly occurrence for some of the guys.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

This is me last year in a game against Columbia College.

Comment

http://greatlakeslax.org/pages/modules/content/?id=1

We are a club team. We play in the Great Lakes Lacrosse League. We do play some good schools such as Marquette, UW-Milwaukee, Milwaukee School of Engineering. But we also play some teams that have older guys, for instance Mad Cow is a club team made up of older guys in their 30's. Most of them are dicks, we actually got into a fight with them last year because one of their guys punched one of our guys in the face. It go real ugly after that. I did get to lay out two older guys during the game which was pretty sweet.

We do have some talent so hopefully we have a good year, however we are replacing 13 seniors who made up a lot of our scoring, so the first games may be a bit of a learning process for us. Depth will be an issue, as will conditioning for some of the other guys since drinking is a nightly occurrence for some of the guys.
            that first part is awesome. even club teams are dirty.

the last part blows, that'd suck hard if they get caught and kicked off. you need realisticly about 20-25 guys to have a comfortable amount of depth
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Not sure how many here play lacrosse, but it's ******* awesome. A sport that's gaining some popularity, but very slowly sadly. Such a great game, especially to play. Our season starts in 30 days and I'm ridiculously pumped. Got a new crazy coach coming in after a 1-17 season. We've got a **** load of seniors and I'm just crazy pumped. Anyone else play? If so, tell stories!

I play defense btw
              Did you know that lacrosse is Canada's National sport and not Hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                Did you know that lacrosse is Canada's National sport and not Hockey?
                i did. plus Chris posted it a few posts up. Sadly, it's not growing that fast in America. Especially down in the Southeast. I mean they rarely have teams and most of them are terrible haha. Up in the Northeast it's pretty big, hence the better teams being UVA, 'Cuse, Maryland, Navy etc
                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

One other story I have is my first game experience. Two years ago these two girls and myself went to watch my buddy play against the Wisconsin Badgers. Unfortunately the team was short guys, so my buddy asked me if I would play since they didn't have enough, so I was like sure why not even though I had no idea what I was doing. Well I really had no clue when I first go out there so they threw me on as a middie. All I can remember is that I tried to stay away from the ball and just hit people that came near me. I remember that we lost and that I got put on my ass a few times, but I had a ton of fun and have been playing ever since.

Comment

One other story I have is my first game experience. Two years ago these two girls and myself went to watch my buddy play against the Wisconsin Badgers. Unfortunately the team was short guys, so my buddy asked me if I would play since they didn't have enough, so I was like sure why not even though I had no idea what I was doing. Well I really had no clue when I first go out there so they threw me on as a middie. All I can remember is that I tried to stay away from the ball and just hit people that came near me. I remember that we lost and that I got put on my ass a few times, but I had a ton of fun and have been playing ever since.
                    haha that's pretty awesome. last year I started, worked in the summer and indoor leagues during fall and winter, but they're different from the actual spring season. First game of the year, I'm thrown to the fire to start haha. I was out of position like crazy and totally lost and got put on my ass quite a few times. It was ugly. But playing more is awesome, brought experience and now i'm the one laying the lumber! haha
                    We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

that first part is awesome. even club teams are dirty.

the last part blows, that'd suck hard if they get caught and kicked off. you need realisticly about 20-25 guys to have a comfortable amount of depth
                      Technically we are not affiliated with the schools athletic department so the administration has no power over us whatsoever. That does have its drawbacks since we get no money from the school and have to pay for everything ourselves.

Also they took away our field this fall and built a new dormitory in its place. This year we have to use the football teams practice field for our home games.

Comment

I'd play if our school had boy's lacrosse.
                        They have girls lacrosse, though

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                          I'd play if our school had boy's lacrosse.
                          They have girls lacrosse, though
                          Girls Lax is cool too.

Take these ladies for instance

They will be going for a 5th straight National Title this year.

Comment

In Canada, box is much more popular. I played Field for maybe three years, but I had been playing 2 years up because of the lack of kids, and it just got ****** with no playing time, so I just play boxla now.

Does anyone ref lacrosse? I've reffed for almost 5 years I believe.

Comment

I have fond memories of checking out the girls lacrosse team both from left field during fielding drills and while waiting for the bullpen to open up to throw a session freshman year of high school. Wish I had played since our varsity team sucked I so would have gotten play time and I probably wouldn't have blown out my elbow beginning of junior year.

Comment

i did. plus Chris posted it a few posts up. Sadly, it's not growing that fast in America. Especially down in the Southeast. I mean they rarely have teams and most of them are terrible haha. Up in the Northeast it's pretty big, hence the better teams being UVA, 'Cuse, Maryland, Navy etc
                                Duke FTW!!! lol joking.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information