Mel Kiper vs Todd McShay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14. No knocking Mel Kiper, Jr.

a) Regardless of how you feel about him he is "The Godfather" of the NFL Draft and all draftniks owe him a debt of gratitude for helping to make it the event that it is today.

Comment

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
      14. No knocking Mel Kiper, Jr.

a) Regardless of how you feel about him he is "The Godfather" of the NFL Draft and all draftniks owe him a debt of gratitude for helping to make it the event that it is today.
      Please be aware of Rule 14. I don't want to close the thread, but you know.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I like them all honestly. They aren't idiots like some of you say. They're making a living off of what we do for a hobby. They obviously are smart. What influences your opinion on them is your opinion on their more well-informed opinion than yours. Just because they differ in preferences doesnt make them an idiot.

That being said, I think McShay goes against the grain too much. He is flashy with his opinions and goes for the longshot too much and doubts the proven too much.

Comment

I like them all because even if they are completely wrong (in our opinions) they provide entertainment and discussion about the draft and prospects, which is always interesting. And probably the reason I joined this site.

Scott Wright > All.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Honestly, I like them both but would choose Mcshay over Kiper.

Comment

Scott Wright >>>>>>>>>>>>> all.

Bonus Points!

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                I like them all because even if they are completely wrong (in our opinions) they provide entertainment and discussion about the draft and prospects, which is always interesting. And probably the reason I joined this site.

Scott Wright > All.
                Oh you beat me to it. Oh well.

Mayock > Kiper > McShay

Comment

Scott Wright should be on TV over Kiper or McShay. And that's the damn truth.

Comment

Unless Scott Wright has a face made for radio :p

Comment

Mike Mayock has the most overall football knowledge, Kiper has the most balls (willing to go out on a limb), and McShay has a pretty good grasp of what teams are thinking. I like McShay for mock drafts, but I prefer Mayock and Kiper in terms of actual prospect analysis.

Comment

it's difficult to determine not only the skill of college athletes and to how they will perform... but then to evaluate closed door front offices and determine their motives and watch pro teams play and what their needs REALLY are and match up all three of them... really, anyone who does it has to guess on a lot of things...
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Kiper = Mayock > McShay

Comment

Somebody tell me how Mayock is better than Kiper? From what I have seen Mayock is spot on with SOME of his positional evaluations particularly defensive backs. He is really bad with lineman evaluations. Kiper overall is a lot more solid imo.
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

McShay couldn't carry Mayock's or Kiper's jock strap.

Comment

I am forever a Mayock disciple because he somehow, someway, predicted Donte Whitner #8 to the Bills in 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information