No announcement yet.

Jon Stewart vs Jim Cramer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but gambling on football games = illegal majority of the times. Investing in the stock market = legal and actually strongly encouraged in most cases.

He's not saying financial advice should be illegal, he's saying that football advice doesn't hurt anyone acting legally. Big difference.

Comment

Cramer is good for a few laughs and the fact that he appeared on Arrested Development once. That's about it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

This will provide me with a lot of hahas

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

also, it should be noted that Stewart didn't just decide to start picking on Jim Cramer. a guy from CNBC started it by saying people that are losing their houses are "irresponsible losers" and we shouldn't have to pay their mortgage in response to individual homeowners being bailed out as well as large corporations. the guy promply backed out of an appearance on the daily show at the last minute.

So, Jon Stewart, in response to CNBC personality calling the newly homeless 'irresponsible' played some clips of some advise CNBC gave that could be considered irresponsible...including the Jim Cramer clip. Cramer was just the one that found it necessary to fight back.

If this was an unprovoked attack by Stewart, I would agree that it is out of line. Anybody that stakes their lifesavings on a d-bag with stupid, gimmicky show is showing poor judgement. But, When the same company that advises people to invest in failing businesses calls out people losing their homes as "irresponsible losers" they should absolutely be taken to task.

Comment

Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
            People who bet on football games get hurt if they're wrong.

Are you trying to say giving financial advice should be illegal? If you are stupid enough to believe that investing in the capital markets is foolproof, you deserve to lose your money. Seriously, nobody is idiotic enough to invest their life savings into a stock because some talking head on TV said to do it.

The guy gives stock advice, not guarantees.
            If you don't have the series 66 or 65, Financial advice is illegal to give if you are compensated for it and its not part of your regular course of business(Professor, lawyers, engineers etc..I could explain that further if you would like). investment newsletters(Wall St journal doesnt count since its a news publication) and Cramer must be registered though. General advice is fine becasue it doesn't account for suitability and what not for clients.

giving financial advice is much more in depth than that so any question please dont ask. lol
            Last edited by bored of education; 03-12-2009, 03:06 PM.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

They are both idiots yet I will probably still watch just to see Stewart kiss his ass after weeks of ripping him.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                also, it should be noted that Stewart didn't just decide to start picking on Jim Cramer. a guy from CNBC started it by saying people that are losing their houses are "irresponsible losers" and we shouldn't have to pay their mortgage in response to individual homeowners being bailed out as well as large corporations. the guy promply backed out of an appearance on the daily show at the last minute.

So, Jon Stewart, in response to CNBC personality calling the newly homeless 'irresponsible' played some clips of some advise CNBC gave that could be considered irresponsible...including the Jim Cramer clip. Cramer was just the one that found it necessary to fight back.

If this was an unprovoked attack by Stewart, I would agree that it is out of line. Anybody that stakes their lifesavings on a d-bag with stupid, gimmicky show is showing poor judgement. But, When the same company that advises people to invest in failing businesses calls out people losing their homes as "irresponsible losers" they should absolutely be taken to task.
                Even if it was an unprovoked attack it wouldn't be out of line. People are stupid, they will follow TV personalities advice. No, of course it shouldn't be illegal, but it is ethically wrong for CNBC to advertise Cramer in the way they do. They are using the phrase "In Cramer We Trust" to bring up images of an infallible god.
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  They are both idiots yet I will probably still watch just to see Stewart kiss his ass after weeks of ripping him.
                  Its been less than a week, and I doubt Stewart kisses his ass.
                  I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
                    People who bet on football games get hurt if they're wrong.

Are you trying to say giving financial advice should be illegal? If you are stupid enough to believe that investing in the capital markets is foolproof, you deserve to lose your money. Seriously, nobody is idiotic enough to invest their life savings into a stock because some talking head on TV said to do it.

The guy gives stock advice, not guarantees.
                    Betting on football is frowned on in most of the country, while investing is what causes our economy to go, so there is pressure to invest.

Of course not, I know that investing is far from foolproof, but like Stewart said, I don't claim to be a guru, and it is irresponsible for anyone to claim intimate knowledge like CNBC does.

Yet he claims, a the very least insinuates, they are guarantees. That is where the problem lies.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Jon Stewart: First crossfire(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE)

now Mad Money.

Watch your back Stewart, the most awesome tv host on the planet is a'coming.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                        Its been less than a week, and I doubt Stewart kisses his ass.
                        Ok.

Edit:

They are both idiots (why anyone would listen, trust or give credence to either's advice on finances or politics is beyond me) yet I will watch just to see Stewart likely kiss Cramer's ass after less than a week of ripping him on his show.

Comment

Ok.

Edit:

They are both idiots (why anyone would listen, trust or give credence to either's advice on finances or politics is beyond me) yet I will watch just to see Stewart likely kiss Cramer's ass after less than a week of ripping him on his show.
                          you MAY be right on the ass kissing part..but, i'm not so sure. he does tend to kiss ass when he has a big name guest that he disagrees with, like Bill O'Reily...and there have been others. he kinda sells out so people like that keep coming on his show.

But, i don't think anybody gives two craps about Jim Cramer. so, we might see a show.

Comment

you MAY be right on the ass kissing part..but, i'm not so sure. he does tend to kiss ass when he has a big name guest that he disagrees with, like Bill O'Reily...and there have been others. he kinda sells out so people like that keep coming on his show.

But, i don't think anybody gives two craps about Jim Cramer. so, we might see a show.
                            No way in hell people in his demographic care more about Bill O'Reilly than Jim Cramer. His audience hates O'Reilly but like you said...he was a softy with him, he will be a softy with Cramer tonight too. I can tell you exactly how the interview will go:

Joke
                            Joke
                            Tough question about Bear Stearns
                            followup
                            Joke
                            Joke
                            I love you
                            /end interview

:cue huge ratings

Comment

No way in hell people in his demographic care more about Bill O'Reilly than Jim Cramer. His audience hates O'Reilly but like you said...he was a softy with him, he will be a softy with Cramer tonight too. I can tell you exactly how the interview will go:

Joke
                              Joke
                              Tough question about Bear Stearns
                              followup
                              Joke
                              Joke
                              I love you
                              /end interview

:cue huge ratings

i think the tone of the interview will be dictated by Cramer. if he's gonna come on and be nice, Stewart will lay off. but, if he comes out throwing punches and blasting Stewart for taking his quotes out of context, I think Stewart will follow suit and crucify him.

Comment

i think the tone of the interview will be dictated by Cramer. if he's gonna come on and be nice, Stewart will lay off. but, if he comes out throwing punches and blasting Stewart for taking his quotes out of context, I think Stewart will follow suit and crucify him.
                                Cramer always comes out acting nice, he will be his usual zany, annoyingly funny (only to John Stewart and his live audience though, watch how much they laugh at his stupid jokes) self. He doesn't come out throwing punches.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information