Jon Stewart vs Jim Cramer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Stewart vs Jim Cramer

has anybody been following this epic battle? started on the March 4th 'Daily Show' and they 2 have been going back and forth ever since. Now, tonight, Jim Cramer will be the guest on the Daily Show. it's gonna be awesome.

I haven't been following it too closely but what is Stewart's big beef with Cramer? I saw him ripping him for having Bear Stearns as a buy prior to its meltdown, but come on, the guy is a stock analyst of course he's going to have a long list of misses.

Comment

this battle is fricking GREAT. I was watching a special on this the other morning. Cramer telling people to buy Bear Sterns then Bear Sterns crashing. Then Cramer saying that people should sell all but Stewart calling him out on previous stocks to buy etc. its been epic.

I feel as if Stewart is more mocking the people that listen to Cramer as the end all and be all for stock advice more so than Cramer.

I will be watching this show tonight.
      Last edited by bored of education; 03-12-2009, 10:36 AM.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I am a huge Daily Show fan, so I've been following this, obviously. For those who want to see how it all started:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...videoId=220252

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
          I haven't been following it too closely but what is Stewart's big beef with Cramer? I saw him ripping him for having Bear Stearns as a buy prior to its meltdown, but come on, the guy is a stock analyst of course he's going to have a long list of misses.
          Yea but doesn't Cramer say he's like right all the time or something?

I also loved it when stewart was saying I could b e an ass and yell and play random noise buttons then shows cramer doing it, LOL.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
          Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
          I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
          LOL props to Paul

Comment

Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
            Yea but doesn't Cramer say he's like right all the time or something?

I also loved it when stewart was saying I could b e an ass and yell and play random noise buttons then shows cramer doing it, LOL.
            Cramer has most definitely never claimed to always be right. I just don't get why Stewart is attacking him. Cramer was actually one of the first guys I heard who said to get out of the market all together because it was crashing.

Comment

Cramer is entertaining to watch but his advice isn't very good most of the time.

Comment

Ok. What happened was that, week before last, a couple guest spots canceled on the Daily Show. To fill up the time, Jon decided to run a pretty biting expose on MSNBC (largely because of that one guy who said that "we shouldn't subside these loser's mortgages" last month).

Because one of the first clips was Cramer's infamous Bear Sterns deal, Cramer interpreted the entire clip as being against him, and retaliated on his show.

Stewart retaliated to THIS by running a few clips about Cramer specifically.

Cramer retaliated to THIS by going out to everyone on NBC, and getting them to talk up the rivalry and talk down Stewart.

Stewart responded again in the last episode but held back. I assume the interview had already been booked by then, and he's saving his good stuff for today.

Comment

It's going to be awkward with a capitol A, but hilarious nonetheless.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                    Ok. What happened was that, week before last, a couple guest spots canceled on the Daily Show. To fill up the time, Jon decided to run a pretty biting expose on MSNBC (largely because of that one guy who said that "we shouldn't subside these loser's mortgages" last month).

Because one of the first clips was Cramer's infamous Bear Sterns deal, Cramer interpreted the entire clip as being against him, and retaliated on his show.

Stewart retaliated to THIS by running a few clips about Cramer specifically.

Cramer retaliated to THIS by going out to everyone on NBC, and getting them to talk up the rivalry and talk down Stewart.

Stewart responded again in the last episode but held back. I assume the interview had already been booked by then, and he's saving his good stuff for today.
                    AKA just watch this VV

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    I am a huge Daily Show fan, so I've been following this, obviously. For those who want to see how it all started:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...videoId=220252
                    personally i find this LIGHTS OUT hilarious. and really sad that american journalism has to stoop to this...and by stoop to this, i mean actually call them out. isn't that what journalism is supposed to do? bring light to media worthy topics? the fact that jon stewart had to do this 8 months later is just a status quo of the media... if the media would have been tougher on cnbc for it's pretty crappy 'insider' information and passing it off as gospel and pretty much being patsy's to the billionaire set... this never would have happen.

props to stewart... but sad it had to come to that... well. no. not really it's more funny that way
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                      AKA just watch this VV

personally i find this LIGHTS OUT hilarious. and really sad that american journalism has to stoop to this...and by stoop to this, i mean actually call them out. isn't that what journalism is supposed to do? bring light to media worthy topics? the fact that jon stewart had to do this 8 months later is just a status quo of the media... if the media would have been tougher on cnbc for it's pretty crappy 'insider' information and passing it off as gospel and pretty much being patsy's to the billionaire set... this never would have happen.

props to stewart... but sad it had to come to that... well. no. not really it's more funny that way
                      What are you going on about?

Comment

Stewart doesnt have a beef with Cramer, he doesn't really give a damn about him. He said last night he is in a media driven war of words. He just thought CNBC deserved to be called out for being bad. Like Stewart said, he knows he doesn't know a thing about the markets so he doesn't give advice. The people on CNBC don't know what is going to happen with the markets either, but they tell people they do. The fact of the matter is, you can't really predict the market. It has way too many variables.
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                          Stewart doesnt have a beef with Cramer, he doesn't really give a damn about him. He said last night he is in a media driven war of words. He just thought CNBC deserved to be called out for being bad. Like Stewart said, he knows he doesn't know a thing about the markets so he doesn't give advice. The people on CNBC don't know what is going to happen with the markets either, but they tell people they do. The fact of the matter is, you can't really predict the market. It has way too many variables.
                          The same can be said about predicting football games or the draft, yet we all do that. I don't get why people are calling out Cramer.

Comment

The same can be said about predicting football games or the draft, yet we all do that. I don't get why people are calling out Cramer.
                            Because who does predicting football games hurt if you are wrong? Who gets harmed if you predict a player wrong in the draft?

Who gets hurt when a famous financial guru tells his audience to buy Bear Stearns for 75 dollars a few days before the stock sells for 2 dollars? People lost their entire life savings because they listened to his advice. Like Stewart said, if the CNBC slogan wasn't something as ridiculous as "In Cramer We Trust" it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But that was intentionally chosen for the connection with God. They are trying to imply that he is omniscient and never wrong. I truly wonder how many people listend to the advice on CNBC and lost their entire life savings.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                              Because who does predicting football games hurt if you are wrong? Who gets harmed if you predict a player wrong in the draft?

Who gets hurt when a famous financial guru tells his audience to buy Bear Stearns for 75 dollars a few days before the stock sells for 2 dollars? People lost their entire life savings because they listened to his advice. Like Stewart said, if the CNBC slogan wasn't something as ridiculous as "In Cramer We Trust" it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But that was intentionally chosen for the connection with God. They are trying to imply that he is omniscient and never wrong. I truly wonder how many people listend to the advice on CNBC and lost their entire life savings.
                              People who bet on football games get hurt if they're wrong.

Are you trying to say giving financial advice should be illegal? If you are stupid enough to believe that investing in the capital markets is foolproof, you deserve to lose your money. Seriously, nobody is idiotic enough to invest their life savings into a stock because some talking head on TV said to do it.

The guy gives stock advice, not guarantees.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information