Beyonce & Lil Wayne fans are.. dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    Your response is the exact reason why there can never be studies on racial differences in intelligence. Instead, we have to rely on correlations in test scores and socio-economic achievement differences. Yes, "correlation does not prove causation," but it is a very interesting topic.

I doubt this persons goal was to prove one ethnicity or race was less intelligent, maybe it was a generational motivation??

If anyone is being blinded by bias it is you; you're the one lumping a race or ethnicity into certain categories of listening to certain music. All this test did was compare music to SAT scores. Not race/ethnicity to SAT scores.

Edit: Not meant as an attack, however, I just get annoyed that any study that brings up cultural differences in intelligence is always crucified as racist/bigotry BS.

Slow your roll joe, "Racial predjudice" (what you're talking about, amigo) is just one kind of predjudice (and not exactly what I was talking about sir). More white people listen to/buy rap than anybody else, since you seem to really want to take it there. Maybe you should follow your own advice and stop jumping to conclusions.

Comment

I read an article a few months ago written by some british professor who claimed people who listen to hard rock and heavy metal were on average in the above average, to high IQ levels.

Comment

The word race shouldn't appear in this thread anymore. Man, not even close to what this is about. Just move off of it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
          Obviously your SAT was graded incorrectly.
          LOL (10 char)

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Lol gospel music.

I wonder why ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              I like Sufjan Stevens. I win.
              Sufjan Stevens is amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                i'm curious if any of the people ******** about the "study" actually bothered going to the bloody website and reading how he did it.

i mean, it's fun and all, making **** up because you can then be outraged by it, but it's more fun when you actually have some vague clue what the facts actually are (such as they are in this case).

but then, the graph shows people who listen to rap music have low sat scores. the ******* of people about that indicates that they can't read. so maybe the whole system is less flawed than it looked at first glance.
                But I know you also agree that the typical Lil Wayne fan isn't very bright ;)

Comment

Oasis and Postal Service in the middle of the pack. I'm okay with mediocrity.

Comment

I think it's more of a matter of personnality and interests. I think it's quite safe to say that people listening to rap/hiphop music are generally less interested in school then those who listen to other genres, especially Beethoven. That doesn't make them less intelligent, just more prone to having weaker scores.

Comment

Well, I haven't gone to the site it came from yet, but even I can tell you its a load of crap.
                      1. I listen to half the stuff listed (including rap) and I scored a 1300 on my SAT's
                      2. N = ? (And if you are know enough about stats and research studies to know what that means, you also know this is just an obvious joke)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        Well, I haven't gone to the site it came from yet, but even I can tell you its a load of crap.
                        1. I listen to half the stuff listed (including rap) and I scored a 1300 on my SAT's
                        2. N = ? (And if you are know enough about stats and research studies to know what that means, you also know this is just an obvious joke)
                        one person having an SAT score not representative of the average is not a load of crap at all... In order to have an average, there must be points both higher and lower than the average.

I'm hoping (haven't gone to the site either) that N would be sufficiently big enough for this case... I have trouble believing that it wouldn't be. The low end of the spectrum is REALLY low though... i'd imagine some of those people would have to be in the 600 range for the SAT. That's ridiculous.

edit- so i just looked at how it's done... interesting method... i'm not sure what to say about the accuracy of it.
                        Last edited by VoteLynnSwan; 03-15-2009, 12:51 PM.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Wow, pretty crazy how high up my favorite bands are... Weezer, Radiohead, The Killers being my 3 favorite. And then Dispatch, RHCP, and The Beatles being close behind... all pretty high up. Never took the SAT, but I got a 32 on the ACT.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                            I got a 32 on the ACT.
                            That is a really good score. I think that is like the equal to a 1400-something on the old SAT scoring.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                              The word race shouldn't appear in this thread anymore. Man, not even close to what this is about. Just move off of it.
                              I was in a race yesterday...i mean a sprint.

Comment

My car must be really smart by the way. My CD changer will only play Bob Dylan CD's, seriously. I have 6 CD's in there and only Dylan will work. I will change around the slots that I have the CD's in, but again only Dylan will read and play.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information