Peter Warrick Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Warrick Update

I work for a local tv station and for one of our shows we are getting Peter Warrick in tomorrow night for an interview, or well we should be interviewing him tomorrow night, at least that's the plan.

Former top 5 draft pick, Sugar Bowl MVP, Heisman candidate and never lived up to his hype (for the very few who possibly didn't know who he was). Currently he's playing for the Bloomington Extreme which is our local indoor football team.

I know Warrick was a big time player in college, one of the best WR's I've had a chance to watch, and I think it's kinda cool he's scheduled to be at our studio tomorrow night.

You guys have any questions you'd like him to answer? Any that I like I'll pass on to our host before the show. I'll post a recap of the interview on Thursday.

I know there are a lot of guys who didn't live up to the hype but Warrick was something special to watch back in college and I think it's a bit strange that he wound up in Central ******* Illinois lol surrounded by a bunch of corn instead of beaches and ocean. Just thought I'd pass along the info.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Why was he so pissed Cleveland passed on him when Washington passed on him twice?

Comment

Ask him WTF happened?

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
        Why was he so pissed Cleveland passed on him when Washington passed on him twice?
        Hah probably because the Browns took Courtney Brown with the #1 overall pick, lol. Ha he probably knew Lavar and Chris Samuels were better players than him. Also he probably figured we wouldn't draft him since we had Albert Connel, Irving Fryar, Andre Reed, James Thrash, and Michael Westbrook. BTW how sick was that in 2000 when the Skins had the 2nd and 3rd picks in the draft. That was back when we had picks to move up.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
          Ask him WTF happened?
          That might strike a nerve lol, you can ask him that one haha. I'd say it's pretty simple, he didn't have the work ethic. He got his paycheck and coasted. He wasn't a bad player by any means in the NFL but he definitely did not live up to what he was capable of.

He played in the Super Bowl so that would be one of my questions along with being drafted in the top 5 and winning a National Title.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

How about has he tried to get back in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              Hah probably because the Browns took Courtney Brown with the #1 overall pick, lol. Ha he probably knew Lavar and Chris Samuels were better players than him. Also he probably figured we wouldn't draft him since we had Albert Connel, Irving Fryar, Andre Reed, James Thrash, and Michael Westbrook. BTW how sick was that in 2000 when the Skins had the 2nd and 3rd picks in the draft. That was back when we had picks to move up.
              Courtney Brown, at the time, was considered a can't miss prospect. He was never hurt in high school, never hurt in college, then can't stay healthy in the NFL. Go figure. I personally think he was too big for his own good and had virtually no flexibility.

Chris Samuels was better.

Lavar Arrington might be one of the most overrated players in NFL History. Never has a guy gotten so much credit for constantly being out of position and getting trucked by Dorsey Levens.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                How about has he tried to get back in the NFL
                He was actually with the Texans in 2008 I believe but that is a good question, I'll pass it on.

Comment

Pdub was the man. I really liked him here after he got going a little bit. Wish he could've stayed healthy.

Comment

Who would win in a fight, Steven Seagal or Chuck Norris?

No seriously,

How much of his failure in the NFL does he attribute to being drafted by the pre-Marvin Lewis Cincinnati Bengals who at the time turned top prospects into draft busts like it was their job?

In 2003 Peter Warrick seemed as though he was finally progressing as an NFL receiver putting up 79 receptions for 819 yards and 7 touchdowns (all of them being career highs). Was the injury he suffered in 2004 sufficiently bad that it essentially ended any chance of continuing that progression?

Comment

Ask him if he got a discount on his shoes...

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        Ask him if he got a discount on his shoes...
                        Coming from a fan with "The U" in his avatar I would be careful slinging mud at an in state rival. Miami had its share of shady events that took place with the football program.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          Coming from a fan with "The U" in his avatar I would be careful slinging mud at an in state rival. Miami had its share of shady events that took place with the football program.
                          What? i'm not slinging mud, I just think you should man up and ask some interesting questions instead of the same questions EVERY OTHER REPORTER who has to interview a has been athlete asks him like 'omg what was it like playing in the super bowl omg' or 'omg what was it like being a top 5 pick, i bet that was cool' or 'omg what was it like playing in the national title game, i bet that was fun!'

You obviously don't have to be a dick and ask him questions like why were you a failure but have fun with him and do something different that people might actually find interesting.

Comment

He was a horse in college.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Ask him if he thinks Hilary Swank is hot.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information