No announcement yet.

Dragonball Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonball Z was amazing. Piccolo was my favorite by far.

The only thing i hated about DBZ was how, after the freeza saga, all the non-saiyan Z Warriors become pretty much obsolete. I mean Krillin and Tien would always have cameos and do a little bit here and there but the villains were all too strong for the weaker characters to even get a chance. Tien and Yamcha were so badass in Dragonball and they virtually got written out of DBZ

Tien's only Badass moment in DBZ:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOslqlk-SOo

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
      Dragonball Z was amazing. Piccolo was my favorite by far.

The only thing i hated about DBZ was how, after the freeza saga, all the non-saiyan Z Warriors become pretty much obsolete. I mean Krillin and Tien would always have cameos and do a little bit here and there but the villains were all too strong for the weaker characters to even get a chance. Tien and Yamcha were so badass in Dragonball and they virtually got written out of DBZ

Yea, that's really one of the main reasons the show got so repetitive towards the end IMO. Once you go Super Saiyan, you've basically ensured that everyone but saiyans is useless.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
        Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll were probably the first two anime movies I ever saw, and remain two of my favorites to this day.
        Hate to quote my own post but I forgot to throw Vampire Hunter D in there as well. Three great old school anime's IMO.

I know the one of the major is from SAC, not the movie, but I liked Stand Alone Complex as well.

Comment

Dragonball Z was amazing. Piccolo was my favorite by far.

Yes I was quite tired of the Super Saiyans. Which is why after the Cell Saga, my interest level isn't that high. All of the diverse characters: Piccolo Daimao, Kuririn, Yamcha, and Tenshinhan seem either retired from battle or are nowhere to be found. I'm happy Akira Toriyama decided to stop the series after this.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• That reminds me, Dragoball KAI premiered today in Japan...on Akira Toryiyama's birthday. I wonder if it was any good. Here is the new opening sequence. I still like the original theme "Head Cha La" a lot better.

Last edited by Ness; 04-05-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• If were going to all pimp our favorite animes.

Last edited by Paul; 04-05-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• What is this Dragonball Kai Ness? It looks like they just updated the art and re-made DragonBall Z.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                  What is this Dragonball Kai Ness? It looks like they just updated the art and re-made DragonBall Z.
                  Basically they just cleaned up the original show by doing some cropping, showing it in HD, and most importantly taking out ALL of the filler, reducing the episode count from the 291 total to apparently a little over 100 (although I find a little over 100 just a little too short). The original Japanese cast is going to re-record the dialogue, except for the original voices of Tenshinhan and Kame-senin, who passed away. I think there may be some new songs (the opening is new) and apparently some newly painted backgrounds.

Basically it is what Dragonball the anime should have been twenty years ago. And it is what American audiences should have been introduced to back when it first came to the states.

And for anyone that has a clue, this is NOT the same thing that Funimation has done with the remastered DBZ sets. This is being done completely by Toei Animation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                    Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll were probably the first two anime movies I ever saw, and remain two of my favorites to this day.
                    Yeah, Ghost in the Shell is my favorite anime. Closely followed by

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      Basically they just cleaned up the original show by doing some cropping, showing it in HD, and most importantly taking out ALL of the filler, reducing the episode count from the 291 total to apparently a little over 100 (although I find a little over 100 just a little too short). The original Japanese cast is going to re-record the dialogue, except for the original voices of Tenshinhan and Kame-senin, who passed away. I think there may be some new songs (the opening is new) and apparently some newly painted backgrounds.

Basically it is what Dragonball the anime should have been twenty years ago. And it is what American audiences should have been introduced to back when it first came to the states.

And for anyone that has a clue, this is NOT the same thing that Funimation has done with the remastered DBZ sets. This is being done completely by Toei Animation.
                      Is this japanese only or are the american voice actors going to re-dub it again? it looks pretty sweet and getting rid of filler is always a good thing.

While on the subject of DBZ, has anyone else heard anything about the MMO they are supposed to be making, Dragonball Online. Beta testing is supposed to start soon but if you like the series it might be something fun to check out if it ever comes to the states (prolly not til 2010 Q2 at the earliest i'd guess)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Is this japanese only or are the american voice actors going to re-dub it again? it looks pretty sweet and getting rid of filler is always a good thing.
                        There aren't any plans for Funimation to pick it up as far as I know, but it would be very wise for them if they did. Dragonball is basically their cash cow. Though I could see them not doing it because they just released the "remastered DBZ" sets...which have everything that the original anime had (including the Japanese music), it's just that the dialouge is in English and they did a little cropping on the top and bottom.

All in all, I'd still take the manga over Dragonball KAI. Since it's the most pure form of the story, and I just like manga better than anime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          There aren't any plans for Funimation to pick it up as far as I know, but it would be very wise for them if they did. Dragonball is basically their cash cow. Though I could see them not doing it because they just released the "remastered DBZ" sets...which have everything that the original anime had (including the Japanese music), it's just that the dialouge is in English and they did a little cropping on the top and bottom.

All in all, I'd still take the manga over Dragonball KAI. Since it's the most pure form of the story, and I just like manga better than anime.

More true words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            If were going to all pimp our favorite animes.

Well, I was just going with my favorite movies. If I was going with my favorite series, I'd probably say Cowboy Bebop, which is unbelievable.

Comment

• New Dragon Ball Kai ep.1

I accept Rep. :)
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-BoYE9_Ua8&fmt=22
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-fAiLXnd7Q&fmt=22
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srmJJlzYIQA&fmt=22

Comment

• Ha, didn't think it would be up this fast. Thanks. Now I don't have to torrent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information