Another thread for help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thread for help

Sorry, I know it's been overdone and all but when you create a thread solely for this purpose it tends to get more feedback.

What would a foreigner think of america based on what American authors have written?

Essay topic, fml.

They could easily believe whatever you wanted them to. The spectrum of things about America in American literature is so widespread.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I could write you a badass essay on the shittiness of France.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Well, what American authors have you / are you going to select?

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
          take your racism elsewhere. no one likes it.
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
            As you mention it, any foreigner reading Toni Morrison would think we have a serious race problem.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
              Oh, OK. I didn't know France was a race. I thought it was a cowardly country, but I might be wrong.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I dont feel like getting this thread closed in less than two hours. And my topic is American authors in general. I hate my professor.

Comment

Oh, OK. I didn't know France was a race. I thought it was a cowardly country, but I might be wrong.
                  How are the citizens cowards? Because their government did certain things that you think are wrong?

That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. People =/= government

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I hate all of you who continue to hijack my honest thread.
                    American authors as a whole, How do foreigners percieve them?

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                      How are the citizens cowards? Because their government did certain things that you think are wrong?

That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. People =/= government
                      What? You mean American citizens doesn't want to be in Iraq and that we're not all warmongers?

Back to the topic, is there a specific era of authors or just American authors in general?

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

No hijacking plz. What American Authors have you read TJ? I had two books by Americans to read for English this year (but I didn't). As I Lay Dying by Faulkner and Breakfast of Champions.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                          As you mention it, any foreigner reading Toni Morrison would think we have a serious race problem.
                          Morrison doesn't paint too good of a picture of America lol

You could use books like Beloved and Huck Finn to talk about racial problems in America.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                            No hijacking plz. What American Authors have you read TJ? I had two books by Americans to read for English this year (but I didn't). As I Lay Dying by Faulkner and Breakfast of Champions.
                            He didn't show it there as much but Vonnegut was very critical of the political system. People may think ill of our sociopolitical system if he were our only representation.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Narrowed it down to four. Cormac McCarthy, Ernest Hemingway, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Sherwood Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information