If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Basically what I'm saying is IMO there are classics in rap based on impact/musical quality, and there are classics based on lyricism. Obviously the best of the best albums have both i.e. Illmatic. GRODT, College Dropout, and TM 101 are not even remotely close to the top of the genre in terms of lyricism. 50, Jeezy, and Kanye are not amazing MCs and have never claimed to be, but each of their debut albums is extremely lauded for what it brought to the mainstream at the point of its release. Coincidentally, each album has numerous features where the main MC gets outshined. On the other hand, you have the Hell Hath No Fury, Food & Liquor, and Typical Cats's of the world which garner little to no mainstream success, but are revered lyrically by those that have actually listened to them. The MCs that make the latter actually consider themselves to be amazing at rapping and clearly make an attempt to craft great lyrics. Once again, we'll just have to disagree on BTH because you're clearly not as impressed by Blu as I am.
1. Fueled Up (Produced by Stefan Skeeter & Mario Brandan)
2. Season Premiere (Produced by Rich Kidd)
3. World Renown (Produced by Burd & Keyz)
4. Cold City (Produced by Stefan Skeeter)
5. Like This (Produced by Kid Icarus)
6. $$$ (Angles) (Produced by The Goodie Boys)
7. Simma Down (Produced by The Very Incredible Producers & Stefan Skeeter)
8. All Lat (Produced by The Engineerz)
9. Take You With Me (Produced by Sinopsis & Mario Brandan)
10. On My Sh*t (Produced by Absolute)
11. Aggessive Content (Produced by Plain Beats)
12. Stand Tall - Prod by Dub Sonata
13. Clap For Him (Produced by Stefan Skeeter)
14. What Am I Supposed To Do (Produced by Stefan Skeeter, Mario Brandan & Nickelus F)
15. Carpe Diem (Produced by Elite)
16. Credits (Reese Witherspoon) (Produced by Brad Ohblivion)
mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball
Originally posted by scottyboy
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Kayne has a lot of work to do before he gets in one of the best all time discussions
my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
<TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
<+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Originally posted by Hermstheman83
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Late Registration is my favorite Kanye album, and the gap gets larger pretty much daily. College Dropout has my favorite Kanye song (Spaceship), and while I agree it is a classic, I feel like it's more of a Get Rich Or Die Tryin or Thug Motivation 101 classic than a Hell Hath No Fury or Below The Heavens one. Graduation has like maybe 5 songs that get rotation from me. 808's has one (Amazing).
I agree. Late Registration has always been my favorite Kanye album. Spaceship is one of my favorite rap songs of all time, I love it. I always loved See You In My Nightmare better than Amazing off of 808's. Graduation really didn't impress me at all.
On the topic of Kanye, thought I'd post my favorite song from each of his actual hip-hop albums. Kanye certainly does not belong anywhere near any GOAT discussion as a rapper but his production is incredible.