No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else think that Like Father, Like Son kills anything else that Wayne has put out (commercially, not mixtapes)?

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Anybody else think that Like Father, Like Son kills anything else that Wayne has put out (commercially, not mixtapes)?
      Never listened to all of it. But Wayne went downhill after Tha Carter II.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Here's another one.

Comment

• Last edited by ccB; 08-13-2010, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
            Never listened to all of it. But Wayne went downhill after Tha Carter II.
            Commercially maybe, but his best mixtape stuff came out right after Carter II. Dedication 2, Blow, Drought 3, and the Drought is Over series was a great stretch.

Comment

Commercially maybe, but his best mixtape stuff came out right after Carter II. Dedication 2, Blow, Drought 3, and the Drought is Over series was a great stretch.
              ^^^ This man speaks the truth. That's the prime of his career right there. I used to bang D2 and Drought 3 every single day. I've never listened to Like Father, Like Son though. Is it really that good?

I don't really have anything to say for my sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by molenguinurtle View Post
                ^^^ This man speaks the truth. That's the prime of his career right there. I used to bang D2 and Drought 3 every single day. I've never listened to Like Father, Like Son though. Is it really that good?

Yeah, he had a solid two year period where I was loving everything he dropped. I still think it's a shame his original Carter III got leaked, because it blew the Carter III he ended up dropping out of the water.

As far as Like Father, Like Son goes, it's not great, mostly because of some atrocious Birdman flows. It's my favorite commercial stuff by Weezy, though. I personally like it better than any of the Carters. It "feels" of Weezy sticking to what he knows works for him, instead of trying too hard to be unique or different, which he has a tendency to do.

Here are some of my favorites from it. See if you like them:

Last edited by yourfavestoner; 08-13-2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• drought 3 is some of the best lil wayne out there, love that mix tape so much
                  E]

Comment

• Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Never listened to Blow, but loved Drought 3. Dedication 2 was one of his best for sure. Even as of late I could listen to No Ceilings and like a good deal of it.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Weezy has a ******** of stuff expected to be released when he comes out. Apparently from what I have read he has "I am not a human being EP", "Like father like son 2", a collabo album with Drake, "He raps He sings"(with T-Pain) and of course The Carter 4. All of these are "supposed" to be released in 2010/2011. Ive heard some songs that are supposedly on the "I am not a human being EP" and its pretty good, very similar to Dedication 3 Weezy.

Comment

• Im loving me some Waka Flocka right now.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by SwagU View Post
                            Weezy has a ******** of stuff expected to be released when he comes out. Apparently from what I have read he has "I am not a human being EP", "Like father like son 2", a collabo album with Drake, "He raps He sings"(with T-Pain) and of course The Carter 4. All of these are "supposed" to be released in 2010/2011. Ive heard some songs that are supposedly on the "I am not a human being EP" and its pretty good, very similar to Dedication 3 Weezy.
                            At least he put his time in prison to some good use.

Knowing him, though, he'll release that material over the course of three years.

Comment

• This kid ain't too bad. I like him more than Sammy Adams. Mac from Pittsburgh and hangs with Wiz, so you know his music should be good.

Comment

• Kanye's verse is illllll

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information