Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
    lmaoooo

Rakim is the father of modern ryhme schemes,but he doesn't have the discography. Pac is a better artist than actual rapper. He's only a hair above Gucci Mane in terms of actual rapping ability. KRS? *dead*,Dude was the Master P of his day.

Nas,most definitely is in the convo,and up until a few months ago,I thought he was the GOAT, but his upon review, I really think DOOM, Jay Electronica are better rappers, although they aren't as well known.

Whoa. Slow down youngster. Doom is one of my all time favorite emcees but I wouldn't consider him in the top 10 all time yet. He is not in the discussion, yet. To be considered in the conversation you don't need just a few good LPs. Doom's discography is very good yes. But the thing Doom doesn't have is the IT factor. The factor in which an emcee has done more than make music. They have a resounding influence on a generation of people who listend to them. Music is not enough to be considered in the discussion. Social influence is needed. Doom has yet to do that. He has a cult following yet hasa not had that influence.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      Whoa. Slow down youngster. Doom is one of my all time favorite emcees but I wouldn't consider him in the top 10 all time yet. He is not in the discussion, yet. To be considered in the conversation you don't need just a few good LPs. Doom's discography is very good yes. But the thing Doom doesn't have is the IT factor. The factor in which an emcee has done more than make music. They have a resounding influence on a generation of people who listend to them. Music is not enough to be considered in the discussion. Social influence is needed. Doom has yet to do that. He has a cult following yet hasa not had that influence.
      good to know someone agrees, I can always count on BOE!
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Pac is a better artist than actual rapper. He's only a hair above Gucci Mane in terms of actual rapping ability.
        You gotta me ****** kidding me

Comment

lol. What you said has nothing to do with actual rapping.

Lyricism
          Flow
          How you convey your words
          Originality

DOOM is elite in all categories.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            You gotta me ****** kidding me
            Pac was a great artist, but not a great rapper.

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• But Pac made the general public feel such a wide range of emotions with his songs. Is the the best rapper in terms of the pure criteria, maybe not (although he smokes gucci), but not considering social impact in the GOAT debate is just dumb.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Pac was a great artist, but not a great rapper.
                You just compared 2pac to Gucci Mane that is pretty dumb.

Comment

lol. What you said has nothing to do with actual rapping.

Lyricism
                  Flow
                  How you convey your words
                  Originality

DOOM is elite in all categories.
                  actually it does. the influence the people in the GOAT discussion have that influence through there music. if were are talking RAPPERS that in itself is a different discussion.

nas v. doom in all time terms
                  Lyrics - Nas
                  Flow - nas
                  How you convey your words - Nas
                  Originalty - Nas

THis argument reminds me of that guy who thinks that because Kevin Durant could beat Jordan in a one on one game right now, that means he is greater all time than Jordan.
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Like I said,he's a fantastic artist. Easily up with the Beatles,Elvis,etc. in terms of music making,but he was a below average rapper. His music and subject matter made him great, not his ability to rap.

Comment

ability to rap.
                      Define rap ability.

Comment

actually it does. the influence the people in the GOAT discussion have that influence through there music. if were are talking RAPPERS that in itself is a different discussion.

nas v. doom in all time terms
                        Lyrics - Nas
                        Flow - nas
                        How you convey your words - Nas
                        Originalty - Nas

THis argument reminds me of that guy who thinks that because Kevin Durant could beat Jordan in a one on one game right now, that means he is greater all time than Jordan.
                        Nas maybe lyrics, but flow? Nas is stagnant at times,and over rambles without delivering his words with concision. DOOM has the most unique rhyme schemes I've ever heard. His multis,delivery, voice control, all are superior to Nas.

Nas' delivery is piss poor at best.

Originality? Nas' greatest album was Illmatic, an album similar to the ones of his day. No one ***** with MM Food, Madvilliany,etc.

DOOM has been rapping longer than Nas. Your analogy doesn't fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          Define rap ability.
                          Flow
                          Lyricism
                          Delivery
                          Voice Control
                          Rhyme Scheme
                          Rhyme Set up

Comment

Nas maybe lyrics, but flow? Nas is stagnant at times,and over rambles without delivering his words with concision. DOOM has the most unique rhyme schemes I've ever heard. His multis,delivery, voice control, all are superior to Nas.

Nas' delivery is piss poor at best.

Originality? Nas' greatest album was Illmatic, an album similar to the ones of his day. No one ***** with MM Food, Madvilliany,etc.

DOOM has been rapping longer than Nas. Your analogy doesn't fit.
                            Nas been rapping since 90. Still rapping. Doom like89ish KMD style then went on like a 5 year brak in the 90s right?
                            Last edited by bored of education; 01-29-2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Nas been rapping since 90. Still rapping.
                              DOOM has been rapping since the late 80s lol

Comment

DOOM has been rapping since the late 80s lol
                                yeah i know but the hiatus and lack of discography and what not. DOOM didnt become really dope til he came back from his hiatus
                                before it he was decent

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information