No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That lineup looks sick. I seriously might have to check that out.
    I don't really have anything to say for my sig.

Comment

• What cities are they going to? The site isn't loading for me

Comment

• From everything I have read, all the dates and cities have not been announced yet.

Comment

• RTB lineup is a big time let down to me. The headliner is Wu Tang, who show up at every RTB anyways. Not to mention that KRS, Rakim, Common, Murs, and Immortal Tech were all at the 09 RTB, the 08 RTB, or both. If you are an annual RTB goer this is a big let down. Looks like I'll be saving some money this year...

Comment

• i heard it was only going to be in california, d.c, and ny.

Comment

• Ok rap experts, I need some good Wu-Tang songs. Lots of them actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                Just let it go RWO.
                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    Not deep enough for ya huh? lol almost all rap is punchline rap.
                    Every rap song has punch lines in it. Doesn't make it punch line rap.

Ex.
                    Set up
                    Set up
                    Punchline

Rinse and repeat. that's punchline rap.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                      Every rap song has punch lines in it. Doesn't make it punch line rap.

Ex.
                      Set up
                      Set up
                      Punchline

Rinse and repeat. that's punchline rap.
                      I mean if it has punch lines in it, wouldn't be named punch line rap? is there a illegal limit or punch lines in the Land of EvilNixon that you can't go over to not be considered punch line rap?

Comment

• Oldie but goodie.

Comment

• When you're verses are filled with it, or "freestyles" rely solely on punchlines to generate praise or relevancy.

Not punchline rap.

Punchline rap.

not punch line rap:

punchline rap

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Punchline rap is brilliant if you just take it for what it is. Is it metaphorically deep or thought-provoking? No. It's shallow word play, but is still hillarious and entertaining in it's own right.

That's what I always say about Weezy (when he's on point and actually trying). He's not the best rapper alive (or even close to it), but he's definitely the most entertaining one I've ever heard. His grasp of the English language and ability to tie together similes that have nothing to do with each other and his word play through puns is pretty ******* brilliant at times (again, only when he's actually trying). In short, it's not meant to be thought-provoking material, it's made to make you laugh and think "ha that was clever." Nothing more.
                            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 05-25-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• I never said it wasn't entertaining. I like Cyssero, VAKill, and etc., but it's heavily repetitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                                I never said it wasn't entertaining. I like Cyssero, VAKill, and etc., but it's heavily repetitive.
                                Cyssero...mentioned on a football forum?! I never thought I would see the day haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information