Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm 6'1" 219. I don't know my body fat %, but I'll try to race ya'll.


    <@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
      Today I did:

      Biceps
      Pullups (underhand) - 1 set of 10, 2 sets of 8
      Preacher curls - 45 x 10, 55 x 8, 65 x 6
      Hammer curls - 35 x 10, 40 x 8
      Incline curls - 20 x 10, 20 x 10

      Triceps
      Close grip benchpress - 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 175 x 6, 185 x 4
      Skullcrushers (dumbbell) - 50 x 10, 60 x 8, 70 x 5
      Dips - 3 sets of 10
      Cable pulldowns - 120 x 10, 140 x 8

      I also played with the wrist roller and destroyed my forearms in between workouts. I'm feeling pretty good right now.
      Why do you do bis/tri together. Back/bis or chest/tri works together so nicely.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
        I'm 6'1" 219. I don't know my body fat %, but I'll try to race ya'll.
        cool. I am about 6 foot, 196 right now so we are probably pretty close.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
          its possible. I used to box and are good friends with tons of really good boxers. You can cut that in water weight. Its really stupid tho and the weight comes right back on anyway.

          Maybe the caveat should be that your max bench cant go down or something.

          And we can just make it an honor system. Its not that big of a deal really.
          That's true. You're just cheating yourself really.

          And as far as working tris and Bis together, it's just not logical since the next day or the day after you're gonna be working chest or back and if you're still sore/tired from working the complementary muscle, you won't be able to do as much of a complete workout. Just my two cents.

          Comment


          • Here's what I'll do for this "race." I'll try to gain weight without sacrficing my body fat. It was at 16.8 a week ago and really, I'm trying to add muscle mass. So if I can get up to 180 without gaining body fat then I'll consider it a success. Should we do periodical check ins? Once every two weeks?

            Comment


            • yeah I will post update. Our progress will probably be faster than yours TJ, because losing is easier than gaining, but whatever you want to do is cool with me. Its all about having a little bit of extra motivation.

              I am going to try for dropping 1-2 lbs per week.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                yeah I will post update. Our progress will probably be faster than yours TJ, because losing is easier than gaining, but whatever you want to do is cool with me. Its all about having a little bit of extra motivation.

                I am going to try for dropping 1-2 lbs per week.
                I think I can put on that much per week. I'm buying some protein tomorrow. What's the best whey?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  I think I can put on that much per week. I'm buying some protein tomorrow. What's the best whey?
                  Optimum Nutrition imo. Thats pretty badass if you put on that much pure muscle, good stuff.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    I think I can put on that much per week. I'm buying some protein tomorrow. What's the best whey?
                    ONS optimum nutrition

                    also buy some Casein...though its very expensive for a small jar. But it well worth it when you go to sleep and you need protein for those 8 hrs. It makes a jell like substance in your stomach and digest slowly.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      Why do you do bis/tri together. Back/bis or chest/tri works together so nicely.
                      I was always told to work opposing muscles together. Biceps/Triceps, Chest/Back. Can't remember why, but it made sense to me when I was told about it. Never had a problem with being too sore either.

                      And I don't feel like I work my triceps good enough if I'm working my chest the same day.

                      I can see the arguments for both types of workouts, I just prefer working them on the same day.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        ONS optimum nutrition

                        also buy some Casein...though its very expensive for a small jar. But it well worth it when you go to sleep and you need protein for those 8 hrs. It makes a jell like substance in your stomach and digest slowly.
                        Casien is useful, but I find it too expensive for what it does. Some cottage cheese and a regular whey shake with fish oil get the job done just as well before bed.
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          Casien is useful, but I find it too expensive for what it does. Some cottage cheese and a regular whey shake with fish oil get the job done just as well before bed.
                          Yeah Cottage Cheese and Greek Yogurt. Casien is a milk derived protein anyways.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            Yeah Cottage Cheese and Greek Yogurt. Casien is a milk derived protein anyways.
                            yup. Milk even works, but I have heard to stay away from Milk before bed because of something regarding insulin.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                            Comment


                            • I'm down for this. Just give me until after this weekend to start. I don't have tennis shoes or anything so once I get a pair of those, I'll be good to go.


                              Silverback....still the best.

                              +rep to Jakey for the sig

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                                That sounds impossible, have you or someone you know done it? That'd be incredible.
                                when I did powerlifting in HS, I dropped 8 in under 24hrs but I was so tired and dehydrated by weigh-in that I realized it's not worth it haha

                                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information