Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i kind of accepted the fact that i will never have a 6 pack (a visible one), i just wanted to be lazy and get out of doing ab exercises :)

Comment

• 20 minutes of ab ripper x is all you need.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

• So I made the horrible decision to not walk the extra 5 steps when I came home tanked the last two days, and just slept on the couch. Now I have a horribly sore neck/shoulder area (right side). Any tips for stretching it out?

Comment

• Where your neck is sore try pinching with your thump and forefinger in a downward motion, like you're grabbing the muscle (not overly hard) and pulling it, that helps me when I have a sore neck.

Get a friend female or otherwise to massage as hard as they can in the sore spots too. Female is better, for getting a hard-on but they tend to have weak extremities.

Despite the silliness of the last part, I'm serious, it will help immensely with the niggles.

Comment

• If everything works out for me as planned I'll be heading to Benedictine College which is a small DII school out in Atchinson, KS to play football for 2 more years. I'll be getting there in Jan for spring football which gives me a ton of time before the actual season to gain weight and get stronger.

I am 6'1 and was 160 on Nov 1st and I'm up to 172. I gain weight really fast if I'm on a strict diet and eating schedule but can lose weight also if I stop eating properly. Is 180 still a realistic goal for mid Jan by the time I report?

I've been drinking Whey Protein at 5am, eating a full breakfast at 7, full lunch at 11, large serving of protein at 2pm called serious mass which has 1600 calories and 60g protein taken right before my workout, cell tech after workout, dinner at 7, peanut butter sandwich on wheat at 9pm, casein protein before bed.

If there's anything else I could be doin to speed up weight gain or strength gains in the next 2 months I'd be up for suggestions. Only supps I am using other then protein are NO2 Black and Cell Tech. I keep the morning and night protein light and simple, nothing heavy and thick like my mid day serving.

Longterm I am shooting for 190 by September for the season, but I want to show up a respectable 180 by report date. I think for me being a WR 190 would be up to taking some of the punishment which was my problem before was getting hurt.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• LL, it all means nothing if you're slow. If I were to play College Football next year I would not worry once I got past 175 and just work on being fast enough to not get destroyed. I would also get your cardio on point as well. I don't know where you are located, but where you work out should have a pool. Twice a week before your workout run like 8 sets of 30 seconds or side to side or whatever on the bottom of it focusing on getting your knees parallel to the ground and getting good extension when you plant your back foot. Either that, or do some wind sprints/extensive route tree work with shorter rest, which will get your cardio up while making you a faster/more athletic WR.
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Yea your right I never thought about potentially losing speed which can easily happen. But I never tried that pool exercise, thanks for that I'll give it a go.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Yea your right I never thought about potentially losing speed which can easily happen. But I never tried that pool exercise, thanks for that I'll give it a go.
                  no problem dude. The speed thing won't be all too bad, as getting stronger helps with getting faster. The pool workout helps with hip flexibility which in turn helps lengthen the stride which will make you faster.
                  CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• you can't teach speed.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

• but with a proper workout plan and technique you can see good improvement in your speed.

Comment

• Absolutely not! That is a urban legend. Doctors and trainers have written books documenting that weightlifting cannot stunt growth. Growth is affected almost entirely by genetics but can also be affected by a person's diet (i.e. what types of food they eat).

Last edited by Siddique; 12-01-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                          you can't teach speed.
                          like ravens said, you can to a certain point. each person has their max threshold of speed and a lot of people never touch it.

Comment

• i played some thanksgiving football and am still too sore to work out.

RIP ST

Comment

• Was 6'1" 208 and sloppyish, got down to 192 and towards cuttness, and then the inception of a six pack was delayed by college.

Back up to 202 :/ Luckily it's not a bad 202, but I need to step up my diet game. College buffet does not help... nor Thanksgiving week.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Hey, I'm a pretty skinny guy and I'm looking to bulk up a bit. I do have access to a small community gym and I'm definitely willing to put in all the work. I'm worried this small gym might not be enough to do much, though. Keep in mind I'm not trying to be a body builder, I just want to casually work out and build some muscle mass for a better looking body and more strength overall.

Here are the machines that they have (no bench or dumbbells):

Upper Body
                                -Lat Pull Down
                                -Mid-Row
                                -Arm Extensions (triceps)
                                -Bicep Curl
                                -Chest Press
                                -Incline Press
                                -Shoulder Press
                                -Ab Curl

Lower Body

-Leg Press
                                -Quad (don't know name)
                                -Hamstring (don't know name)
                                -One more I don't know the name of, there are two pads that you position on the inside of each leg you squeeze your legs together

Is it possible to get a good workout with just these machines? If so, could someone make me a simple and effective routine?

Thanks in advance

^Thanks BK!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information