Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Didn't work out in about 10 days. Having some lung inflammation, intense pain.

    Sig by: BK

    02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bengalsrz View Post
      Upper Body
      -Lat Pull Down
      -Mid-Row
      -Arm Extensions (triceps)
      -Bicep Curl
      -Chest Press
      -Incline Press
      -Shoulder Press
      -Ab Curl

      Lower Body

      -Leg Press
      -Quad (don't know name)
      -Hamstring (don't know name)
      -One more I don't know the name of, there are two pads that you position on the inside of each leg you squeeze your legs together

      Is it possible to get a good workout with just these machines? If so, could someone make me a simple and effective routine?

      Thanks in advance
      Personally, I prefer alternating upper body, lower body, and dedicate a day just for abs that's basically an off day. As a rule of thumb, start with the largest muscle group and work down. For example on my upper body day I start chest, then back, then shoulders, triceps, and then biceps. On leg days I start with squats, you can sub leg press, then get the quads, hamstring, calves, and hamstrings. I also like to do lunges, they kick my ass.

      The best advice anybody can give you is stay far away from that machine where you squeeze your legs together, everytime I see a dude use that I cringe. It looks like a strange sex machine.

      sig by BoneKrusher

      PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

      Comment


      • Your back muscle is bigger than your chest.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          Was 6'1" 208 and sloppyish, got down to 192 and towards cuttness, and then the inception of a six pack was delayed by college.

          Back up to 202 :/ Luckily it's not a bad 202, but I need to step up my diet game. College buffet does not help... nor Thanksgiving week.
          I hear you man. I was 211 in April this year because I bulked up for summer football. Cafeteria buffets are great for bulking but it wasn't all good weight. I've always had abs so that wasn't a problem but I started getting stretch marks cuz I put on so much weight in such a short period of time.

          Now that I'm retired from football and living off-campus I cook my own healthy meals. I'm about 187 and ripped. I can't lift nearly as much as I could before but I feel a lot healthier.

          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
            On leg days I start with squats, you can sub leg press, then get the quads, hamstring, calves, and hamstrings. I also like to do lunges, they kick my ass.
            On leg days, I used to start with squats, deadlifts, power cleans, lunges and leg press. So much fun.

            The best advice anybody can give you is stay far away from that machine where you squeeze your legs together, everytime I see a dude use that I cringe. It looks like a strange sex machine.
            If you're playing a sport, I actually highly recommend those machines.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              If you're playing a sport, I actually highly recommend those machines.
              Strong groin muscle = good for crossovers in hockey, breaststroke in swimming, sideways power. And the best part is that the machine helps you stretch. Unfortunately, doesn't always translate to fluid hips for soccer or football.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                Strong groin muscle = good for crossovers in hockey, breaststroke in swimming, sideways power. And the best part is that the machine helps you stretch. Unfortunately, doesn't always translate to fluid hips for soccer or football.
                Right. I did it for hockey and I really noticed an enormous difference in flexibility, strength and speed when I used them.

                Comment


                • Anyone know any good workouts for the lower abs?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
                    Anyone know any good workouts for the lower abs?
                    Floorwipers may be the greatest abs exercise ever. Load a bar with a fairly light weight (I used to use 135 pounds) and do alternating leg lifts while holding the bar like a bench press. It's great for the shoulders, chest and abs.

                    Comment


                    • I used to be in the gym 5 times a week and was really cut at 5'9 175
                      Now I'm married, have a 20 month old and my wife is pregnant again.
                      Also a full time college student for the first time so time isn't there like it used to be.
                      I still try and lift 3 times a week (if I'm lucky, I can get in a fourth) and play bball about the same amount of times

                      I'm up to 185 now... and that's with like 15 lbs of not good weight.
                      Anyways, I started running a whole lot more at the beginning of the year
                      started getting shin splints and was told to basically run through it
                      I did and now I have a stress fracture in the left leg (bad shin splints?)
                      I want an effective way to try and trim down some but running is so painful now
                      I'm aware of swimming... anything else you guys recommend?
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                      Comment


                      • So i'm finishing up that 5x5 in like 2 weeks. And then taking a month off since I don't have a gym away from school. But i'll be doing band exercises, sprints, pushups and ab ripper x, to stay in shape.

                        But I want to start something once I get back into the next semester I was going to do 5x5 again. But then I thought I would try WS4SB. Reading through that I'm pretty lost on how to do stuff. Is there a simple sheet to fill out again, like the one you provided Rob like the Mad Cow one.

                        If anyone has done it can you give me a little on what and how much I should be doing. 5x5 was much easier, and also that calculator made it super easy.

                        Comment


                        • for wsb4sb just select one exercise from each thing. Thats what I did.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                            I used to be in the gym 5 times a week and was really cut at 5'9 175
                            Now I'm married, have a 20 month old and my wife is pregnant again.
                            Also a full time college student for the first time so time isn't there like it used to be.
                            I still try and lift 3 times a week (if I'm lucky, I can get in a fourth) and play bball about the same amount of times

                            I'm up to 185 now... and that's with like 15 lbs of not good weight.
                            Anyways, I started running a whole lot more at the beginning of the year
                            started getting shin splints and was told to basically run through it
                            I did and now I have a stress fracture in the left leg (bad shin splints?)
                            I want an effective way to try and trim down some but running is so painful now
                            I'm aware of swimming... anything else you guys recommend?
                            Do the ploymetrics thing that is in P90x workout. 1:15 hr, of time you need but its a good way to burn fat. Hmm sprints, but you can't run. Have you tried biking? Jump rope, complexes, cycle training with machines.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              for wsb4sb just select one exercise from each thing. Thats what I did.
                              How many weeks? And do I pick a different one every week? And also the weight do I move up like 5lb-10 lbs every week?

                              Comment


                              • I have stuck with the same stuff for months. But you could rotate if you want to.

                                I dont think there is an amount of weeks you do it. Well at least DeFranco didnt state it. Also I usually try to move up in weight for my maxes but some days I dont feel it so I just stay at the same weight.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information