Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    Do the ploymetrics thing that is in P90x workout. 1:15 hr, of time you need but its a good way to burn fat. Hmm sprints, but you can't run. Have you tried biking? Jump rope, complexes, cycle training with machines.
    I'll check out the p90x polymetrics. A friend of mine recently gave me all the videos for it. I just haven't look at them though.
    I don't own a bike, I jump rope sometimes but that can get painful after a bit.
    I haven't cycled with machines... doesn't seem effective. Maybe I'm not giving it a fair chance.

What are complexes?
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      I have stuck with the same stuff for months. But you could rotate if you want to.

I dont think there is an amount of weeks you do it. Well at least DeFranco didnt state it. Also I usually try to move up in weight for my maxes but some days I dont feel it so I just stay at the same weight.
      you all jacked and ripped now? also you do the conditioning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        Brent, give this a read regarding complexes: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...edded_physique

I recommend using the "Evil 8" with around a 95 lb. bar (at the absolute most to start imo) if you consider yourself fit

With regards to keto: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/ze...emain-1196334/

Give that a read.....tons of great info from insanely knowledgeable people answering an abundance of questions.
        Complexes its awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
          you all jacked and ripped now? also you do the conditioning?

If you want to be jacked and ripped do a body building routine. WSB4SB was built for athletes to bulk up. I did gain weight while on it though.

Comment

• I'm more into the power lifting anyways. Thats why I love my explosive lifts like Cleans, squats and deads.

Comment

• Have any of you done muscle ups before? I've finally been able to do 3 sets of 10s now. Also is there a better effective way to lose oblique fat?

Comment

• Holy ****, just did my first complex today.
                I was drenched in sweat and it felt great!
                Loved it, I'm definitely keeping it in my routine now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                  Holy ****, just did my first complex today.
                  I was drenched in sweat and it felt great!
                  Loved it, I'm definitely keeping it in my routine now.
                  What did you do?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

• I did the Cosgrove's Evil 8 with 95 lbs like Rob S recommended.
                    I dragged my friend with me to the gym for it, you should of saw his face when I told him we still had one more set to go... haha, priceless

Comment

• Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
                      Have any of you done muscle ups before? I've finally been able to do 3 sets of 10s now. Also is there a better effective way to lose oblique fat?
                      There is no such thing as targeted fat loss. Your body is basically programmed to lose and put on fat in a specific way. Which is why females tend to get fat in the hip area and the triceps and males tend to get it in their stomach. Fat burning workouts and proper diet. But you can target areas with resistance training, resistance bands or light weights are good for obliques. By toning those muscles under the fat, it will look tighter.
                      Last edited by senormysterioso; 12-03-2010, 07:50 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Cosgrove's complex+normal bis/back workout+ab ripper x=me dead. Holy ****.
                        Last edited by draftguru151; 12-04-2010, 04:18 PM.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

• I hurt my back doing squat-cleans at the gym. I haven't done many cleans since high school, but i felt like my form was still pretty good. Maybe it was just because I haven't done them in a while?

Comment

• Trying a new diet to A) get healthy, B) Feel better, and C) Build muscle. Very tight budget, here's what I'm doing.

3 slices Whole Wheat Toast with 2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
                            1 Banana
                            1 cup Green Tea

1 can Tuna in water, no preserv.
                            1 cup Brown Rice
                            1 cup Broccoli

1/2 c Oats
                            3 oz Hazelnuts
                            (A very simple granola blend)

2c Whole-Grain Spaghetti
                            1c Veggie Juice

1# Skinless Chicken Breast
                            1/2c Edamame

Total approx. values are 2800 calories, 92g fat, 233g Carbs, 240g Protein
                            Approx. 31% fat, 35% carb, 36% protein

Things I like about it; cheap (about $210 a month), has soy protein, animal protein, fish protein, wheat protein, nut protein. Pretty easy to eat; tuna is the hardest part for me and I just drain it, sear the **** out of it on a flattop with lots of spices and garlic, then fry the rice right into it. Lots of veggies, no/very little preservatives, lots of very healthy foods. Pretty low maintenance and I'm shocked I got to such good caloric numbers at an affordable price without protein shake.

Things I don't like: Not exactly the easiest daily eating schedule; it's a ******* lot of healthy, bland food. Fat content is above ideal but considering 46 grams of it is from nuts I can live with it. Tuna; nasty to eat and sneaky bad for you in large amounts (mercury, nooo!)

Been having stomach problems lately and I'm hoping this diet acts as a detox and good muscle builder all at once.

Opinions? I'll be sure to update after I've been on it for a week or so to let you guys know how I'm feeling. I'm really hoping it boosts my energy level, how good my body feels, and my results from weightlifting.
                            Last edited by Sportsfan486; 12-08-2010, 02:38 AM.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• You're gonna eat the same thing everyday? I would come up with at least 3 different meals for each course. And I personally wouldn't start a new diet in the winter. It's tougher to be active and you lose energy, making it a lot easier to eat crap

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                                I hurt my back doing squat-cleans at the gym. I haven't done many cleans since high school, but i felt like my form was still pretty good. Maybe it was just because I haven't done them in a while?

is it a sore from working hard or a I screwed up my back sore?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information