Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummmm... maybe I should cut that **** out then (Military)
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• My cardio is pitiful. I just got back from the gym and playing basketball with a couple of guys there and I had my hands on my knees in no time.

Anyone else find it funny that people circle the gym parking lot looking for a close spot? I mean, you are going to a place to workout but you dont want to take a few extra steps to get inside the place?

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
        My cardio is pitiful. I just got back from the gym and playing basketball with a couple of guys there and I had my hands on my knees in no time.

Anyone else find it funny that people circle the gym parking lot looking for a close spot? I mean, you are going to a place to workout but you dont want to take a few extra steps to get inside the place?
        I suppose there is some irony there but sometimes I do that because I know I won't want to walk too far to get in my car after I'm done.

Comment

• Exactly. I'd circle as well but like Killxswitch said, after my workouts, I want to walk as little as possible.
          That was then though... I live across the street from my gym now. Best thing ever.

Comment

• I need the low down on protein powders. Are they worth the cost? Which ones are the best? Are there more cost-effective substitutes? Gimme the jist.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
              I need the low down on protein powders. Are they worth the cost? Which ones are the best? Are there more cost-effective substitutes? Gimme the jist.
              Protein powders are definitely worth it, because it's very difficult to hit your proper macro intake without them. (At least this is what I've found.) The right one is based upon your budget and goals really, so I could help you more if you provided me that.

Comment

• Whey Protein. It is your friend.
                If you only take one supplement, this should be it.

Comment

• I haven't taken any supplement in months but my strength gains have been great, even though I lost some weight. I'll probably be looking for some protein, any suggestions.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                    I haven't taken any supplement in months but my strength gains have been great, even though I lost some weight. I'll probably be looking for some protein, any suggestions.
                    Goals/Price Range

Comment

• I've been playing squash like 5-6 days a week, 1.5-2 hours a day. Its such a good workout.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        Goals/Price Range
                        I've spent way too much money on supplements in the past, I'm looking for something cheap. My goal is just to get mainly more strength and maybe even gain some weight.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

• I'm going to start the P90X in about a week. Right now i'm 5'9, 153 pounds, around 17% bodyfat, 32 inch waist. Just as recently as April 2010 i was 171 pounds and a 35 waist and about 21% bodyfat, and ive lost all this weight and fat simply by dieting better (but not great) and pushups. But i want to go to the next level and get fit. I'm kind of a "skinny fat" guy right now, if you know what i mean. My goal is to cut down my bodyfat from 17 to 9-10% and get a more toned, defined body. So P90X for 90 days, and then after that I plan on joining a gym and lifting 2-3 times a week with cardio a few times a week. Any thoughts or advice before i start?
                          Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 06-25-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                            I've spent way too much money on supplements in the past, I'm looking for something cheap. My goal is just to get mainly more strength and maybe even gain some weight.

Well, strength isn't going to really come from a powder. That's going to be from how you train. If you're looking to put on some weight, I'd look into something like Monster Mass. I found it to be really good, and it will definitely help you in taking on some extra calories.

Comment

• I have to lose 40lbs. Time to grind.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Man, I wish I'd started taking creatine sooner. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information