Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I found out that I can bench at least 200 lbs.
    This may not seem like a big deal to you guys, but considering that i started out struggling with 100, I was ecstatic when I racked the bar. I'm still a skinny kid, but I've definitely put on a good amount of muscle

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
      Today I found out that I can bench at least 200 lbs.
      This may not seem like a big deal to you guys, but considering that i started out struggling with 100, I was ecstatic when I racked the bar. I'm still a skinny kid, but I've definitely put on a good amount of muscle
      200 is a very nice number to hit on bench assuming you used full ROM. The average dude maxes at around 135, so you're ahead of the game.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Is that a real stat? If so, it's sad
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
          200 is a very nice number to hit on bench assuming you used full ROM. The average dude maxes at around 135, so you're ahead of the game.
          Yes, I always bring the bar down fully to my chest then fully extend.
          For some reason I can't stand when I see guys doing this

I'm reading about the "Strong Range of Motion" on Bodybuilding.com but I'm not entirely sure why people recommend doing this type of lifting

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• yeah I always do full range of motion. If not try floor or board presses for bench press.

This is random but i started doing power cleans with a lot better technique and it really hits your traps good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              Is that a real stat? If so, it's sad
              Yeah, average untrained male tops out at around a 135 bench. I mean, it makes sense I guess. I doubt I put up much more than 135 the first time I benched.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Done 3 days of P90X so far. Sore as hell but i can already feel a tiny bit of definition in my oblique and back. The worst part is the diet, it sucks to restrict myself from chocolate, candy, and ice-cream completely. Although i might have half an ice-cream bar on Sunday as a cheat snack so i don't go insane. So far i'm pretty much eating eggs, fish, and chicken. Carbs are supposed to be cut in Phase 1 so its 2 slices of whole-wheat bread, or 1 slice and 1/2 cup of rice.

I'm supposed to eat 2400 calories a day as per their nutrition guide but i'm pretty close to the level 1/2 border, where level 1 is 1800 calories and 2 is 2400. The border is 150 pounds and i'm 151, so for now i'm aiming for 1800. 2400 is a lot and i honestly don't feel hungry enough to eat that many calories in a day so for now i'll stick to 1800 and see where it takes me. No supplements yet, post workout i take a banana and milk, 30 mins-an hour later either canned tuna or chicken breast. I might take Whey and/or Creatine eventually.
                Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 07-27-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• I want to do P90x. Bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    I want to do P90x. Bad.
                    If your looking to cut some fat and get in shape its a great program to try. Especially if your a beginner, as it pretty much lays it all out for you.

Comment

• That bench stat blows my mind. I think the first time I ever max-benched when I was 16 I put up like 160-165. Then like 4 months later I was up to 225.

side note: It was always entertaining for me to watch the girls in my weight lifting class max out because all they ever did was the 45 pound bar and they always struggled with that.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• anyone ever squatted and farted coming up? happened to me today

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          anyone ever squatted and farted coming up? happened to me today
                          i know someone who squatted and pooped themselves coming up, does that count?
                          The new and MUCH improved Green Bay Scat

I Bleed Black and Gold

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            anyone ever squatted and farted coming up? happened to me today
                            haha The last time I did it no one was around.

Comment

• I usually fart with deadlifts, I once tore my underwear doing deadlifts

Comment

• I need to get my ass back into shape... Nothing like 3 years of living on your own to wreck years and years of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information