Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    No more than 6 reps per set when getting back into it or you could risk overtraining. Just saying, build it back up again instead of acting like you didn't miss a beat.

How was Egypt?
    Egypt was amazing, well worth any loss in strength haha. I think I am just going to do a test day for my first day back, see where my 5RM is at for my main lifts and I should be able to approximate all my assistance lifts based on that. Then its just pushing through the soreness.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      Egypt was amazing, well worth any loss in strength haha. I think I am just going to do a test day for my first day back, see where my 5RM is at for my main lifts and I should be able to approximate all my assistance lifts based on that. Then its just pushing through the soreness.
      Soreness the next day is like a hangover from the night before. It's God's way of saying you kicked ass.

Comment

• Ok, guys I need to get serious once more about weight-lifting... at 6'1 175 pounds I have a lot to gain. I have been doing power clean though my form is atrocious, deadlifts, and squats. I plan on purchasing a parachute.

I need some advice though, do you guys recommend any supplements, obviously not steroids and I am iffie on creotine. Lastly, I sort of need a routine to follow would anyone have a list I could follow day by day (legs, abs, arms, chest, back, cardio, etc.)

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
          Ok, guys I need to get serious once more about weight-lifting... at 6'1 175 pounds I have a lot to gain. I have been doing power clean though my form is atrocious, deadlifts, and squats. I plan on purchasing a parachute.

I need some advice though, do you guys recommend any supplements, obviously not steroids and I am iffie on creotine. Lastly, I sort of need a routine to follow would anyone have a list I could follow day by day (legs, abs, arms, chest, back, cardio, etc.)
          Supplements are only that, supplements to your diet. Evaluate your diet and see if your getting enough protein. If not, I'd recommend only that at your age because youre still growing. I posted some routines a couple up but if your looking for a starting routine just to build strength, do Rippetoes.

*do the SAME weight for all 3 sets

Workout A:
          Squat-3x5
          Bench Press-3x5
          Deadlift-1x5
          *2x8 Dips

Workout B:
          Squat-3x5
          Standing Military Press-3x5
          Power Cleans(or Bent Over Barbell Rows)-3x5
          *2x8 Chinups(palms facing you)

Week 1:
          Day 1: Workout A
          Day 2: Rest
          Day 3: Workout B
          Day 4: Rest
          Day 5: Workout A
          Day 6: Rest
          Day 7: Rest

Week 2
          Day 1: Workout B
          Day 2: Rest
          Day 3: Workout A
          Day 4: Rest
          Day 5: Workout B
          Day 6: Rest
          Day 7: Rest

Rotate between weeks 1 & 2.

Comment

• I plan on going bat **** insane in these workouts, will this be enough I am trying to bulk up for football.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I plan on going bat **** insane in these workouts, will this be enough I am trying to bulk up for football.
              Rippetoes is the sex for bulking. Do it for however long, eat a lot, drink mucho milk. Enjoy gains. Cut. Be ripped.

Comment

I plan on going bat **** insane in these workouts, will this be enough I am trying to bulk up for football.

workout, and eat

Comment

Depending on what your position is, make sure you run sprints, plyometric drills and do agility drills. The last thing that you want to do is gain all of that muscle and be so stiff that you get beat off the snap all the time.
                  Last edited by MidwayMonster31; 01-18-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                    Depending on what your position is, make sure you run sprints, plyometric drills and do agility drills. The last thing that you want to do is gain all of that muscle and be so stiff that you get beat off the snap.
                    If I remember correctly, he plays OLB. Either way, maintain your flexibility.

Comment

• 1st workout back sucked.....going to be ultra sore tomorrow everywhere.

Comment

• just got done working biceps. Swole as a ************. hahaha

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

• I just took a contrast shower to speed up the healing on my lower back, glutes, and hamstrings..............it sucked balls

Comment

I just took a contrast shower to speed up the healing on my lower back, glutes, and hamstrings..............it sucked balls
                            What time intervals did you use? 3 minutes hot, 1 minute cold?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              What time intervals did you use? 3 minutes hot, 1 minute cold?
                              2 and 1........they really suck, ever so effective tho.

Comment

2 and 1........they really suck, ever so effective tho.
                                You should invest in a foam roller if you haven't already.
                                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                                Originally posted by Complex
                                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information