Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    Ah, that's not bad then. I think every other day (Monday-Wednesday-etc.) is the best way to go, but 5 days a week is alright. All the muscles you listed after you asked should be fine to go that often too.

Shouldn't you be getting some professional advice from their trainers now that you're an NIU athlete?
    He has me! Screw the NIU trainers. I want you to hit 300 by the season Smokey, I am living vicariously through your success as a D-I offensive lineman.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• when doing lower body plyometrics, should I do it the day I am doing lifting legs? Or should I do them the day I am doing upper body?

Comment

• depends how intense your leg day is.....I like to keep all my leg stuff on one day and have a few days where all I do is rest or do light recovery workouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Ah, that's not bad then. I think every other day (Monday-Wednesday-etc.) is the best way to go, but 5 days a week is alright. All the muscles you listed after you asked should be fine to go that often too.

Shouldn't you be getting some professional advice from their trainers now that you're an NIU athlete?
          Not until the summer. And even though they probably will give me a workout program to do until then, I need to come in during the summer in unbelievable shape, ready to knock some head offs and make a damn good impression. I guarantee none of the other incoming linemen will work as hard as I do. I just wish I could be their right now doing the stuff they are doing.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
            He has me! Screw the NIU trainers. I want you to hit 300 by the season Smokey, I am living vicariously through your success as a D-I offensive lineman.
            haha, I dig it Rob. You are quite the life saver.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              Deadlifts hit your back pretty hard too. It's a real good compound lift. If you get rid of it, you're losing a great workout.

The thing that I always tell myself while lifting is, "If it was easy, everyone would do it." Usually gets me through my sets.
              I suppose I'll just suck it up. Im going to start doing more cleans though.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                Not until the summer. And even though they probably will give me a workout program to do until then, I need to come in during the summer in unbelievable shape, ready to knock some head offs and make a damn good impression. I guarantee none of the other incoming linemen will work as hard as I do. I just wish I could be their right now doing the stuff they are doing.
                I love your attitude, and I sincerely believe in what you say, too. It's refreshing to hear every now and then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  when doing lower body plyometrics, should I do it the day I am doing lifting legs? Or should I do them the day I am doing upper body?
                  I literally just did plyometrics for the first time. Mixed it with a bit of sprinting too. Hard stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I havent done cleans and dead lifts in a while. I really have to jump on them again, they suck but they are awesome workouts.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

• Leg day today. Gotta eat big to match my lifts.

Comment

• I gotta start deadlifting again too. Haven't done it in months. Rows are my primary back exercise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Deads are a necessity......gotta do em. My DL day is torture: Cleans first, Deads, Bent Over Rows, then Pull Ups.....my back is dead by the end.

Comment

• My work out today: Eating salt and vinegar chips while watching con air. Wait... thats not a workout, crap...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                              My work out today: Eating salt and vinegar chips while watching con air. Wait... thats not a workout, crap...
                              salt and vinegar ftw!

Comment

• I'm gonna put my current program ( for the most part) on here. If anyone see's anything that looks out of place or has any suggestions let me know.

Day 1 Chest and Biceps
                                Chest
                                • 4 sets 10-12 reps flat bar bench press ( incline bench the following week) ( change flat bench to cage press every once in awhile to avoid plateau)
                                • 4 sets flat dumb bell press 10-12 reps ( incline DB press the next week)
                                • 3 sets machine press 15-20 reps ( incline following week)
                                • 2 sets chest fly 12-15 ( incline fliy next week)
                                Bicep
                                • Bar curl 4 sets 10-12
                                • DB curl 3 sets 10-12 ( alternate cabe curls in if you want)
                                • Concentration curl ( machine or preacher curl) 2 sets 12-15
                                • 1 burn out set of pull ups/ band curls
                                Day 2
                                Legs/abs
                                • 5 sets squats/box squats 10-12 ( leg press alternated in occasionally)
                                • 4 sets Romanian deadlift / leg curl 10-12
                                • 4 sets leg extensions 10-12
                                • 6 sets calf raises 20 reps

* I sometimes alternate lunges in there too.

abs
                                • 4 sets crunches 25-30 reps
                                • 4 set leg raises 20-30
                                • 4 sets oblique raises with DB 25 reps
                                one more lift that i have no idea how to explain.

DAY OFF
                                Day 3
                                Shoulders/ triceps
                                • 4 sets military press /Arnolds/ DB shoulder press 10-12
                                • 3 sets upright rows/ cable upright rows 10-12
                                • 3 sets side raises 12-15
                                • 4 sets shoulder shrugs/ hang cleans 15-20 reps
                                Tricep
                                • 5 set skull crushers/ DB skull crushers 10-12 rep
                                • 3 sets tricep extensions 12-15
                                • 2 sets kickbacks/cable kickbacks 15-20
                                Day 4
                                Back
                                • 2 sets pull ups/ alternate wide grip and neutral grip
                                • 4 sets lat pulldowns 10-12
                                • 4 sets close grip pulldowns/ sitting Rows/Trows 10-12
                                - 4 set bent over DB row
                                • 3 sets deadlifts 12-15

Do some solid cardio 3 days a week too.
                                Last edited by TitleTown088; 02-09-2010, 09:37 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information