Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are your goals? I see you do a ton of 10-12 reps, maybe mix it up w/ 3-6 reps and higher weight.

Comment

• • 4 sets 10-12 reps flat bar bench press ( incline bench the following week)
      • 4 sets flat dumb bell press 10-12 reps ( incline DB press the next week)
      All I could suggest on this one is maybe alternate so that you do the incline of one and the flat of the other in the same work out, otherwise you are essentially doing the same exercise twice both weeks. So do flat bar bench and incline dumbbells one week and incline bar bench and flat dumbbells the next.

Looks a solid workout though regardless of that.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• do some decline.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• I recommend throwing in some super sets. Like for bench, do 5 sets of 8, and inbetween those sets do either butterflies or explosive push ups

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Worst work out ever is lifting the dumbbells up to do flat bench. I'm definitely getting someone to lift them up for me next time.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

• haha i know what you mean, that is tough.

i had a embarssing moment today doing plyo box jumps. I was doing 1 footed jumps on a smaller box. well as I wasnt really having problems w/ them so as I was doing the set I was listening to the radio and I was focusing on the song more then the jumps. I went off balance and fell on my ass. I felt like a dumbass.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                All I could suggest on this one is maybe alternate so that you do the incline of one and the flat of the other in the same work out, otherwise you are essentially doing the same exercise twice both weeks. So do flat bar bench and incline dumbbells one week and incline bar bench and flat dumbbells the next.

Looks a solid workout though regardless of that.
                I used to do that but I have found doing one week of straight flat and one of incline has done wonders for my gains. This guy who is the body builder type recommended I try this so I did? It's seemed to work well for me.

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                what are your goals? I see you do a ton of 10-12 reps, maybe mix it up w/ 3-6 reps and higher weight.
                I experimented with low rep for along time. I didnt see crap for gains.

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                I recommend throwing in some super sets. Like for bench, do 5 sets of 8, and inbetween those sets do either butterflies or explosive push ups
                instead of explosive pushups I sometimes do cage bench presses ( essentially negatives) for explosion?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I used to do that but I have found doing one week of straight flat and one of incline has done wonders for my gains. This guy who is the body builder type recommended I try this so I did? It's seemed to work well for me.
                  Do what works mate. If you plateau at some point it is something to consider as that is probably at least partially why it has helped with gains. Change is always good when working out as it makes the body adjust and adapt instead of just becoming programmed.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                    Worst work out ever is lifting the dumbbells up to do flat bench. I'm definitely getting someone to lift them up for me next time.
                    no, worst is getting the dumbbells up when you are about to DB Military

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                      no, worst is getting the dumbbells up when you are about to DB Military
                      Indeed, I did some DB seated OHP today.....God getting the weight up sucks.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Well I only do like 50s on shoulder press while I do 105s on flat bench lol.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

• What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

Comment

• I saw a girl squatting 465 the other day.....great form too, went past parallel and everything. She wasnt huge either.

Edit: I should add that her boyfriend got on the rack right after her and proceeded to warm up with that weight (unless I missed him doing something else)
                            Last edited by Rob S; 02-10-2010, 08:35 PM.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• If anyone here is looking for football specific lifts.. Focus alot of hang cleans, squats and dead lifts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                                I saw a girl squatting 465 the other day.....great form too, went past parallel and everything. She wasnt huge either.

Edit: I should ass that her boyfriend got on the rack right after her and proceeded to warm up with that weight (unless I missed him doing something else)
                                Was she good looking like that chick?

I saw a girl benching reps that were considerably more than my max the other day. Dang hockey girls making me look a fool. :(

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information