Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
    For some reason all of a sudden my strength has been really increasing lately. Ive been benching 225 2-3 times on my 5th set. My goal for the summer is benching 250 at 150 pounds.
    Naturally?

Comment

For some reason all of a sudden my strength has been really increasing lately. Ive been benching 225 2-3 times on my 5th set. My goal for the summer is benching 250 at 150 pounds.
      If you do 225 2-3 times on your 5th set, you should be able to do 250. lol

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• Ok so as I said before, I don't really have a set diet. I just stay protien-minded with my eating. What are some foods I should start eating? Give me some ideas for breakfast foods, lunch foods, dinner foods, and snack foods.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
          Ok so as I said before, I don't really have a set diet. I just stay protien-minded with my eating. What are some foods I should start eating? Give me some ideas for breakfast foods, lunch foods, dinner foods, and snack foods.
          Eggs
          Fish
          Chicken
          Cow
          Dairy( Milk especially, good source of calories and protein)
          Nuts
          ect.
          Are all good sources of brotein.

Now if you're trying to gain some bulk you just need to eat a huge amount of calories with those sources of protein. Anything really works unless you're looking for clean calories. I eat a ton of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with whole wheat to get calories.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Naturally?
            Yes naturally. Ive been lifting for like 6-7 years though and i'm 5'6 which makes it easier for me.

Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            If you do 225 2-3 times on your 5th set, you should be able to do 250. lol
            Well i dont really do high reps.

135 x 10
            155 x 6
            185 x 5
            205 x 3-4
            225 x 2

My goal would have been 275 but that doesn't seem very realistic.
            Peyton Manning Fanboy
            Originally posted by Complex
            They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Yes naturally. Ive been lifting for like 6-7 years though and i'm 5'6 which makes it easier for me.

Well i dont really do high reps.

135 x 10
              155 x 6
              185 x 5
              205 x 3-4
              225 x 2

My goal would have been 275 but that doesn't seem very realistic.

Your one rep max should be around 240ish if you benched 225 3 times.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Rob is right, unless you take 2 days between sets. haha

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

Comment

• I'm thinking about alternating running around the track 2 miles and exercise-biking 3 miles every other day. Good idea?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                    I'm thinking about alternating running around the track 2 miles and exercise-biking 3 miles every other day. Good idea?
                    Well it depends on your goal. It's a good cardio workout.

Comment

Well it depends on your goal. It's a good cardio workout.
                      The alcohol, pop, and junk food is starting to catch up to me.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                        The alcohol, pop, and junk food is starting to catch up to me.
                        I didn't have a hard time kicking the pop/soda and junk food but I still drink on the weekends with some buddies although I've cut down considerably.

Comment

• Peanut butter+EAS Vanilla Whey+Milk+Greek Yogurt=Amazing. Liquid Reese's.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I didn't have a hard time kicking the pop/soda and junk food but I still drink on the weekends with some buddies although I've cut down considerably.
                            I think kicking the booze could help take fitness to a new level. I wish I would do it completely. One of my good buddies I lift with stopped drinking and put on 15 Lbs of muscle in a few months when he had previously not gained much.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I've pretty much cut out all impurities in my diet, besides eating **** tons of fast food because it's calorie efficient and cheap. I would love to eat like four chicken breasts and home made steaks a day, but it gets way to costly for someone without a job at the moment.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I've pretty much cut out all impurities in my diet, besides eating **** tons of fast food because it's calorie efficient and cheap. I would love to eat like four chicken breasts and home made steaks a day, but it gets way to costly for someone without a job at the moment.
                                No kidding, when I was training hardcore and eating 4.5k calories a day, I was spending about $150 a week at the grocery store. I would also order in and eat at Subway a few meals a week. I couldn't afford it anymore so now I just eat clean and try to maintain a nice lean weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information