Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    It should be sick. The best part about it I think is that I'm going to sleep like a baby.

Starting Sunday.
    Just don't over train, it can cause insomnia. Happened to me when I first started working out, I was doing way to much and I couldn't sleep for ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
      Just don't over train, it can cause insomnia. Happened to me when I first started working out, I was doing way to much and I couldn't sleep for ****.
      Yeah, it's going to kick my ass and if I feel like it's affecting me socially, mentally, or physically in a negative way then I'm going to stop.

Comment

• yeah, no doubt avoiding drinking will be the hardest
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• If you do get insomnia, get a sleeping pill or something to take.

Drowsy like crazy, since I'm eating under maintenance, and going stim free.

Comment

• Just picked up Jack3d for pre workout. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Supps I've ever used:
            Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump 250 - Good pump but afterwards sucks. Plays with your stomach too much.
            GNC Creatine Monohydrate - Solid gains off of it.
            ON 100% Whey Vanilla Ice Cream - Tasty and mixes well with fruit.
            ON 100% Whey Cookies and Cream - Satisfies sweet tooth.

About to add USP Labs' Jack3d to the list.

Comment

• I REALLY want to try Jack3d. Love the **** out of Black Powder, but some of the things I've read about that sound nice. Let me know how it is man.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                I REALLY want to try Jack3d. Love the **** out of Black Powder, but some of the things I've read about that sound nice. Let me know how it is man.
                The only thing I don't like right off the bat is that you should take Jack3d 30-45 minutes before workout. Usually most pre workout supps are like that but I psych myself up for the gym and then knowing that I have to wait another 30-45 minutes to hit the weights doesn't settle well with me. I know the anticipation should psych me up more but I'm definitely spur of the moment. I think I'm gonna take it during the last 10 minutes of my class tomorrow so the ride home and then to the gym it should kick in completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump 250 - Good pump but afterwards sucks. Plays with your stomach too much.
                  Lol Superdump.

Try Myofusion by Gaspari. Great tasting protein that's more like a pre-bed/meal replacement.

Gonna be trying out Ultima and Gatorade for tomorrow morning - wind sprints/HIIT/shuttle runs.

Comment

• Yeah, Black Powder takes fifteen to twenty, which also sucks. I either do abs while I wait or drink it while walking to the gym. Really wish I could get my hands on a sample of Jack3d though. Oh well, it's not really all that expensive compared to some of the other ones out there anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I used to drink pre-workouts during warm ups.

Comment

• Blackpowder is a very nice pre workout. Its 10x better than NOxplode, i think. Its gets me a lil pumped to lift and lets me get up in weight and do a lot more heavy sets. Its really good if youre trying to build strength.

I want something thats going to help me gain 15 pounds by start of summer. Anyone know any diet techniques or supplements you have used before that work well. Taste doesn't affect me anymore, but they drug test so it needs to be legal.

Comment

• eh.....I dont find pre work out supps necessary, especially considering most are so damn expensive. Some caffeine and a b vitamin does me nicely.

Comment

• Arginine really does the trick for me. Might be a placebo effect, but it works really effectively. It is damned expensive though. Trick with it is to buy it online. 3lb of Black Powder has lasted me since like...June and I'm just running out now, which is acceptable at $50.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              Arginine really does the trick for me. Might be a placebo effect, but it works really effectively. It is damned expensive though. Trick with it is to buy it online. 3lb of Black Powder has lasted me since like...June and I'm just running out now, which is acceptable at $50.
                              The studies I have read say arginine doesnt really do anything and its really the caffeine. But, hey, whatever works for you is worth it.

Comment

• Just took two scoops of jack3d. Going to the gym in about 10 minutes. I feel pretty ready to go. Face is a little tingly and I'm a little jittery, fwiw.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information