Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I wouldn't recommend using any of those pre work out things. They all have too much caffeine in them and dehydration is so dangerous. There's a difference between looking like you're in shape and being healthy and in shape; only one of those things is important.

    sig by BoneKrusher

    PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

    Comment


    • There's no more caffeine in them than in most energy drinks. A 16 oz Rockstar has to 200-240mg of caffeine. Black Powder has 200mg's of the stuff. Recommended daily limit, which is conservative anyway, is right there. Not that harmful, as long as you actually drink a somewhat reasonable amount of water. Plus, you're only taking it once a day a set number of times a weak.

      If you want to talk dangerous, drinking 3+ glasses of caffeinated soda a day(usually instead of water) on a regular basis like most people do is more of a problem.

      R.I.P. Junior Seau

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        There's no more caffeine in them than in most energy drinks. A 16 oz Rockstar has to 200-240mg of caffeine. Black Powder has 200mg's of the stuff. Recommended daily limit, which is conservative anyway, is right there. Not that harmful, as long as you actually drink a somewhat reasonable amount of water. Plus, you're only taking it once a day a set number of times a weak.

        If you want to talk dangerous, drinking 3+ glasses of caffeinated soda a day(usually instead of water) on a regular basis like most people do is more of a problem.
        Exactly, those energy drinks are fricken poison. I would never touch one of those. Drink water, eat right, and work hard...forget all the GMC crap. It's just gimmicky crap anyway.

        sig by BoneKrusher

        PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

        Comment


        • Eh, I wouldn't say energy drinks are anymore poisoning than anything with caffeine in it. People have been drinking copious amount of coffee for years and not had any real health problems. Caffeine actually can have a fairly beneficial impact on health in a lot of different ways.

          R.I.P. Junior Seau

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            Eh, I wouldn't say energy drinks are anymore poisoning than anything with caffeine in it. People have been drinking copious amount of coffee for years and not had any real health problems. Caffeine actually can have a fairly beneficial impact on health in a lot of different ways.
            The concentration of caffeine is the problem. You're getting so much of it so fast that if you have a few of them in a row, they can give you heart palpatations.
            Last edited by senormysterioso; 02-19-2010, 02:53 PM.

            sig by BoneKrusher

            PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

            Comment


            • Yeah, I don't buy into pre workout drinks. There is no way the stuff in those things are good for you.

              What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

              2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

              Comment


              • caffeine is fine up to around the 300mg mark, it has been proven to be very valuable when taken pre workout. At any other time though, its no bueno.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                Comment


                • Jack3d is definitely powerful stuff. I feel like I could go workout again right now. I'm hoping there's no crash and just a gradual process of getting off of this 'high', if you wanna call it that.

                  I benched today, it was easier than last week but I'm not crediting that to Jack3d but more so my work I've put in. Didn't hit any new PR but I feel like the energizer bunny.

                  I'd give it an 8/10 right now pending on how I feel later.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    Jack3d is definitely powerful stuff. I feel like I could go workout again right now. I'm hoping there's no crash and just a gradual process of getting off of this 'high', if you wanna call it that.

                    I benched today, it was easier than last week but I'm not crediting that to Jack3d but more so my work I've put in. Didn't hit any new PR but I feel like the energizer bunny.

                    I'd give it an 8/10 right now pending on how I feel later.
                    Does it have arginine in it? That stuff makes me as flexible as a steel beam when I'm done working out. Gives me great vascularity though.

                    Comment


                    • Anyone use a rowing machine? I pulled a muscle in my back a while back and a doctor suggested doing it, helped a ton but it also is a really good cardio work out that helps with bicep/back definition.

                      That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                        Does it have arginine in it? That stuff makes me as flexible as a steel beam when I'm done working out. Gives me great vascularity though.
                        Not that I recall without looking at it. I was pretty tight when I was done working out, though.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                          Does it have arginine in it? That stuff makes me as flexible as a steel beam when I'm done working out. Gives me great vascularity though.
                          They use arginine alpha-ketoglutarate

                          Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                          Anyone use a rowing machine? I pulled a muscle in my back a while back and a doctor suggested doing it, helped a ton but it also is a really good cardio work out that helps with bicep/back definition.
                          Occasionally.

                          Comment


                          • What are the pros and cons of Muscle Milk?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                              What are the pros and cons of Muscle Milk?
                              The main pro is taste.....it delicious and provides similar benefits to other less delicious (and sometimes gross) protein supps.

                              The main con is the fat content which is pretty high, so if you are looking to lose weight its not a good choice. Another con may be that it not all whey protein, so it not as beneficial post workout. However, if you use it before bed or throughout the day that wouldnt be a con at all.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                              Comment


                              • Does it actually work better than most protein supps?

                                I was advised against Muscle Milk, due to the high fat content like you mentioned.

                                Monster Milk has 50 grams of protein. That's insane.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information