Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better living through chemistry...sigh

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• I am looking to gain weight, how should I do this w/o being a slob. I want to add more and not fat. I am thinking about eating a lot of chicken, turkey and vegetables. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        I am looking to gain weight, how should I do this w/o being a slob. I want to add more and not fat. I am thinking about eating a lot of chicken, turkey and vegetables. Any suggestions?
        Complex Carbs:
        Brown Rice
        Beans or Legumes in general
        Potatoes (sweet is better)
        Various Fruits and Vegetables (for the most part can't go wrong here)
        Whole Grains

Protein:
        Grilled Chicken
        Turkey
        Fish
        Lean Cut Beef and Pork (careful here)

Of course there are also Protein Shakes. Whey and Casein are the best imo. Protein bars are good.

Also, as an occasional snack, I recommend:

Comment

• Thanks, what is good for breakfast? Would eating a lot of eggs w/ wheat bread be good?

Comment

• with wheat bread READ ingredient. Shouldn't have high fructose corn syrup, no enriched wheat flour, no flour. First ingredient, or second should be Whole grain wheat,...also same applies for whole grain breads. And it should be like 100 cal per slice.

If you eat eggs, only egg white cut out that fat.

Comment

• Yes, I forgot about eggs. Egg whites are better of course.

Dairy products are a subject of much debate. If you have to consume them, get low-fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                with wheat bread READ ingredient. Shouldn't have high fructose corn syrup, no enriched wheat flour, no flour. First ingredient, or second should be Whole grain wheat,...also same applies for whole grain breads. And it should be like 100 cal per slice.

If you eat eggs, only egg white cut out that fat.
                Cutting out the yolk also cuts out most of the nutrition.

Comment

• So I'm now officially 2 months through my workout and I feel better than I ever have before. Put on 10 pounds, haven't had fast food since I started, cut out soda and increased my stamina tenfold.
                  Last edited by Finz99; 05-25-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Just went in one of those underwater body fat % things and im 7.2 percent. hmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Cutting out the yolk also cuts out most of the nutrition.
                      Unfortunately, eating too many yolks lead to high cholesterol.

It's best to eat 1-2 yolks per day, but only egg whites for the rest. Another method is to just buy pure egg whites, or Eggology items.

Comment

• if your looking to gain, not eating yolks is retarted
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                          Just went in one of those underwater body fat % things and im 7.2 percent. hmm
                          I wanted to do that, I was looking for a place but can't find it.

How was it accurate or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                            Unfortunately, eating too many yolks lead to high cholesterol.
                            Well, yeah, obviously.

It's best to eat 1-2 yolks per day, but only egg whites for the rest. Another method is to just buy pure egg whites, or Eggology items.
                            Right.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              I wanted to do that, I was looking for a place but can't find it.

How was it accurate or not.
                              Ya it was pretty cool and ya its accurate im a pretty fit guy

Comment

• i'm looking to get in shape over the summer and had some questions regarding protein supplements and working out in general. i'm not looking to get huge but instead just tone my upper body and work on the gut that i've had forever.

- when should i take whey protein shakes?
                                i researched a little and saw it's most important to take after a workout and ideally within an hour after the workout. and some places said it's also good to take right after waking up and before working out. just wanted to confirm what i read.

- is there a bad time of day to work out?
                                i have work and a pretty jammed schedule throughout the day and was planning on working out around midnight about 4 times a week. is that too late?

- any advice on a workout regiment?
                                i'm planning on doing cardio consisting of running a mile on the treadmill and the stationary bike for about 15 min. and then afterwards using the weight machines. i really don't know much though so advice regarding number of reps and sets would be great. and i've heard a lot about the HIIT method from some co-workers and i'm wondering if that's something i can do on the treadmill.

+rep guys. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information