Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
    http://www.swtor.com/

Looks pretty good to be honest. I hope it's better than the first Star Wars MMO, which was HORRIBLE.

Also, Aion looks pretty good as well (http://www.aiononline.com/us/) but I'm unsure when it'll be released.

I'm really looking forward to Blizzards next MMO. They haven't announced anything about it but I hope they do at Blizzcon this year. It's going to be awesome because their track record for games is pretty good as of today.
    Star Wars Galaxies was not horrible until shortly after the Jump to Lightspeed expansion, that's when they started ruining it.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Just wait until the MMO catches on in the console game. They're coming. The streets will be a little less crowded.
    They have to make a good console MMO first.

The thing I'm not excited about is Firefighter, which seems really really hard. Also not looking forward to hardmode General or Yogg, but that comes later.
    Mimiron hard mode blows.
    Last edited by nrk; 06-14-2009, 03:37 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

I guess I win when it comes to nerdiness as I still play the 1st Neverwinter Nights game. I bought the "Diamond" version in 2006 for $20. For the amount of things you can do with that game, there is NO better value out there that I know of. You have all the Original Campaigns and then you add in all the user made PWs and user made Campaigns and I believe the number is at 3000+ total combined available for download.

Im pretty sure I'm the only one who plays it that is on this forum, but I always have to push it when I see threads like this. I've never given WoW a try because I do not have enough time to devote to a game that I will have to pay monthly for.

Comment

Just wait until the MMO catches on in the console game. They're coming. The streets will be a little less crowded.
        I remember when there were rumors that GTA4 was going to have a MMO feature for online play.

Comment

Final Fantasy Online for PS2 was the ****.

Comment

WoW has effectively ruined the MMO market by dumbing its gameplay down to the point that any moron can completely succeed. I see 90% of new MMO's coming out to be mostly WoW clones with a different back story to try and leach Blizzards customer base.

/gofuk WoW

Comment

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
              WoW has effectively ruined the MMO market by dumbing its gameplay down to the point that any moron can completely succeed. I see 90% of new MMO's coming out to be mostly WoW clones with a different back story to try and leach Blizzards customer base.

/gofuk WoW
              That's how MMOs have always been. It comes down to who can spend more time in their parent's basement, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Depressant View Post
                That's how MMOs have always been. It comes down to who can spend more time in their parent's basement, period.
                That isn't at all what I was talking about.

Continue to fail.

Comment

While I agree with most of what you're saying, I don't agree with it entirely.

Most of the raid content is easy, until you get into hard modes which are a LOT of fun and something 95% of the WoW playerbase will never accomplish.

That being said, I do miss the days of original EverQuest, where hitting level 50/60 made it feel like you accomplished something.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Oh I see, Manic-Depressant is trying to troll this as an anti-WoW voice thread sort of similarly to me. Except he is just trying to be a douchebag to people who like gaming and I legitimately have a thing against WoW~

Comment

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                      Oh I see, Manic-Depressant is trying to troll this as an anti-WoW voice thread sort of similarly to me. Except he is just trying to be a douchebag to people who like gaming and I legitimately have a thing against WoW~
                      ???

Anti-WoW voice? I don't get it. I gamed all growing up. I dumped over 1000 hours of my life into an MMO before realizing I was wasting my time. I understand the appeal, but they've never been "skill-based" games like a FPS or strategy game. If you can only play a couple hours a week like most normal adults, you'll be terrible, period.

Comment

A lot of people are anti-WoW, but honestly, no one is doing it better right now and I've played pretty much every MMO to hit the market.

Warhammer was good, but they have a few gigantic flaws which, imo, make it unplayable. Age of Conan was a joke as was Vanguard.

If you want to play an MMO you are hard pressed to find a better one out there. For now. They're (Blizzard) developing another MMO and it should be better than WoW for the simple fact that they can learn from their "mistakes" and the stuff they don't like. I'm pretty pumped for that game.

Comment

I think Peefs is referring more to the fact that WoW is simply just a point and click game now. I could be wrong though

Comment

???

Anti-WoW voice? I don't get it. I gamed all growing up. I dumped over 1000 hours of my life into an MMO before realizing I was wasting my time. I understand the appeal, but they've never been "skill-based" games like a FPS or strategy game. If you can only play a couple hours a week like most normal adults, you'll be terrible, period.
                            If you think MMOs take no skill whatsoever then you've never played them at a high level. Period.

Comment

If you think MMOs take no skill whatsoever then you've never played them at a high level. Period.
                              I never said they don't take skill. It is a REQUIREMENT to dump hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get your character maxed in these games though which is why it's such a turn-off for people. I prefer being able to play games for an hour a week and not being at any disadvantage to a guy that plays 40 hours a week. I can play an FPS for the first time and be pretty decent just because I've played them all growing up and have a decent skillset in the genre. It doesn't matter how "skilled" I am at WoW unless I dump the hours into the game.

It's like you said: to each his own. I just don't like playing games that reward you for spending countless hours "grinding it out". This isn't a criticism at WoW but all MMOs.

Comment

I never said they don't take skill. It is a REQUIREMENT to dump hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get your character maxed in these games though which is why it's such a turn-off for people. I prefer being able to play games for an hour a week and not being at any disadvantage to a guy that plays 40 hours a week. I can play an FPS for the first time and be pretty decent just because I've played them all growing up and have a decent skillset in the genre. It doesn't matter how "skilled" I am at WoW unless I dump the hours into the game.

It's like you said: to each his own. I just don't like playing games that reward you for spending countless hours "grinding it out". This isn't a criticism at WoW but all MMOs.
                                You can say that about basically all games. If you only play Madden for an hour a week you'll get stomped by just about everyone you play. Same goes for every FPS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information