The Official Poker Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    Or Phil Ivey regularly playing the Big Game at the Bellagio with $4,000/$8,000 blinds. Although he's the greatest cash game player ever so it's no big deal for him
    Phil Ivey < Phil Hellmuth
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
      Phil Ivey < Phil Hellmuth
      Hellmuth only plays Texas Hold Em' and he's better in tournament play. I think Phil Ivey plays the cash game better than anyone else right now

Comment

• Originally posted by someone447 View Post
        I am seriously going to kill someone. I lost 45 bucks today in a home game. I lost 35 of it in 10 minutes to the same guy, both times he had pocket kings.

I am on the coldest streak I have ever seen. The past 3 times I have played, I have had 7 pocket pairs, 3 of them lower than 5. These times I have played have been for 5-7 hours each. It is absolutely horrible.

8 out of every 10 times I have had all or most of my money in, I have been ahead. Yet I have gotten sucked out on just about every time. Even my buddies I play with are saying it is like a single rain cloud is following me around.
        I was like that. Had a really rough streak. I quite playing for about a month and just played in a little home tourney Saturday night. I won that tourney. Just take some time off. Play a little online and go back in a bout a month.

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        Hellmuth only plays Texas Hold Em' and he's better in tournament play. I think Phil Ivey plays the cash game better than anyone else right now
        Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        Or Phil Ivey regularly playing the Big Game at the Bellagio with $4,000/$8,000 blinds. Although he's the greatest cash game player ever so it's no big deal for him
        Chip Reese says hi.

Comment

• How do you all know so much about high stakes cash games...its not like you play at them.

Comment

• I don't like Hellmuth. He's a very good player, but he's annoying.

Same with Mike "The Mouth", except Mike is kind of mediocre for a pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
              How do you all know so much about high stakes cash games...its not like you play at them.
              I got to Las Vegas A LOT since it's only 2 hours away and you hear a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                I don't like Hellmuth. He's a very good player, but he's annoying.

Same with Mike "The Mouth", except Mike is kind of mediocre for a pro.
                Mike Matusow and Phil Hellmuth are great for TV because they are very entertaining to watch

Comment

• Hellmuth has a chance at his 12th bracelet today.

He's not in good position to get it though, he's last in chips at a 10 handed final table.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7251

Comment

• Beth Shak is 2nd in chips...she is ******* hot and apparently a great poker player.

Comment

• Look at this top 20. This is going to be the most exciting tourney to watch for this years WSOP.

Just some names that are in the top 20

Allen Cunningham
                      Jeffery "I'll rip your head off" Lisandro
                      Humberto Brenas
                      Joe Sebok
                      Jesus Ferguson
                      Scott Fischman

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/results/7234

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
                      Beth Shak is 2nd in chips...she is ******* hot and apparently a great poker player.
                      YUP

Comment

• Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                        Look at this top 20. This is going to be the most exciting tourney to watch for this years WSOP.

Just some names that are in the top 20

Allen Cunningham
                        Jeffery "I'll rip your head off" Lisandro
                        Humberto Brenas
                        Joe Sebok
                        Jesus Ferguson
                        Scott Fischman
                        Very exciting, especially since Allen won this tourney for his 5th bracelet.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I also can't believe Chris Reslock beat Ivey heads up to win his bracelet.

I'm not taking anything away from Reslock because he's a regular on the WPT final tables but against Ivey?
                          Last edited by Acreboy; 06-19-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Phil is in top 8.
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                              Phil is in top 8.
                              What top 8?

Comment

• http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7251

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information