Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    Yeah but my boy Allen Cunningham is still there! :D
    Notice #5 in chips. Yes he's the real one...

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7278

Comment

• Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
      Notice #5 in chips. Yes he's the real one...

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7278
      Wow I just notice Andy Bloch has busted out as well. No surprise about Ivey though......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Also, I didn't see Daniel Negreanu's name. I wonder if he starts tomorrow?

Comment

Wow I just notice Andy Bloch has busted out as well. No surprise about Ivey though......
          What about Ivey? Before last year he finished in the top 25 3 out of the 4 last years. Thats pretty impressive.

Comment

Also, I didn't see Daniel Negreanu's name. I wonder if he starts tomorrow?
            Not sure, the way this is structured has me a bit confused.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Wow I just notice Andy Bloch has busted out as well.
              Man this was tough..

Andy Bloch

Andy Bloch made a pre-flop raise of $2,800 and the player in seat no. 7 made the call. The flop came K 9 3, and both players checked around. The turn brought the Jd and Bloch bet out $5,000. Seat no. 7 re-raised and moved all-in, Bloch called (Seat no. 7 had Bloch covered). Seat no. 7 turns over A 10 for the ace-high flush and Bloch showed K K for top set. The rover brought the 4 and Andy Bloch was eliminated halfway through Level 3.

Comment

What about Ivey? Before last year he finished in the top 25 3 out of the 4 last years. Thats pretty impressive.
                I've read a few articles recently saying how Ivey really does have much interest in tournament poker considering he makes more in cash games.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Man this was tough..
                  Thats a tough way to to lose but Bloch can't be to upset since it wasn't really a bad beat.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Thats a tough way to to lose but Bloch can't be to upset since it wasn't really a bad beat.
                    Well, when I flop a set I don't expect to lose. I'd consider it a bad beat. That's just me.

Comment

Well, when I flop a set I don't expect to lose. I'd consider it a bad beat. That's just me.
                      He didn't bet the flop, the turn brought a 3rd diamond and he raised and the guy re-raised all in. Its a bad read by Bloch not a bad beat.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• Seriously Bloch should have bet high on the flop especially with the chance of diamonds out there

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          Seriously Bloch should have bet high on the flop especially with the chance of diamonds out there
                          Like I said, bad read not a bad beat. Thanks SuperKevin!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• I think Block made the correct move checking the flop. He was trying to trap his opponent, hoping he didn't have diamonds, and he planned on betting the turn no matter what came, even if it was a K.

He probably put his opponent on AQ, AJ, AT, TT, 99 (tough to put ur opponent on a set though when you flop one because that is so rare), 88 or 77.

As long as your opponent doesn't have diamonds you are good and checking the flop makes you look weak. You don't want to bet there and scare off a hand. If your opponent has QJ or JT then he has a gutshot and an 8% making it on the turn (16% total with 2 cards to come).

HOWEVER, if there was already a lot of money in the pot, then I think it might be correct to bet the flop, but since there as only 6k in the pot preflop (appx), then you have to check it. You only have a 17.5% of turning a flush assuming all 9 diamonds are still in the deck. Sometimes, it is correct to make a big bet making yourself actually looking weak (reverse psychology) so your opponent puts you on QQ, JJ, or AQ, and thus letting them making a big bet back at you and assuming you don't have a K.

Bloch made the right play, just a sick turn.
                            Last edited by simms2clayton; 07-09-2007, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
                              I think Block made the correct move checking the flop. He was trying to trap his opponent, hoping he didn't have diamonds, and he planned on betting the turn no matter what came, even if it was a K.

He probably put his opponent on AQ, AJ, AT, TT, 99 (tough to put ur opponent on a set though when you flop one because that is so rare), 88 or 77.

As long as your opponent doesn't have diamonds you are good and checking the flop makes you look weak. You don't want to bet there and scare off a hand.

HOWEVER, if there was already a lot of money in the pot, then I think it might be correct to bet the flop, but since there as only 6k in the pot preflop (appx), then you have to check it.

Bloch made the right play, just a sick turn.
                              Again, it was a BAD READ! When the guy re-raised all-in with 3 diamonds on the table you got to make the flush read. Bloch didn't and lost, plain and simple!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Again, it was a BAD READ! When the guy re-raised all-in with 3 diamonds on the table you got to make the flush read. Bloch didn't and lost, plain and simple!
                                Lol, ya, its not like he didn't have outs. I think it is about a 20% of pairing the board on the river. 10 outs is quite a bit.

Also, there is a lot of hands Andy can beat here: QQ, 99, 33, JJ, Adjx (meaning he had the nut flush draw with jack of spades, clubs, or hearts). A pair of kings (or two pair Ks and Js) is less likely since it would be the the case king.

If his opponnet made a dumb move and just smooth called the pf raise with QQ and a K comes up on the flop then that is scary and so he checks behind Andy. Andy checked the flop making himself look weak, so now the player thinks his QQ is good if he has it.

There are a lot of hands Andy can beat here, he knows this. Even if he is beat he has a lot of outs.

In tournament poker, you just cant fold every time you are behind and have committed a large amount of his stack in the pot, which Andy did. He has to draw out to win the big pots. I am not saying you should count on draws at all, but when you are highly committed you have to. You dont win tournaments playing short stacked poker for a lot of it.

Andy probably knew he was up against a flush, but it made mathematical sense to put ur money in on the FH draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information