Moving on out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on out.

Moving out tomorrow morning. I'm excited to finally be on my own, but right now I'm kinda depressed. My parents are sad (especially my mom), and I'm leaving what was home for the past 18 years. I'm leaving my dog, and it sucks in that sense. However, it's gotta be done.

Anyone have any moving out advice? Their own stories?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

i am in the same exact position as you lol
    my quick smells like french toast

Comment

Don't trust whitey.

Comment

don't trust any asians

Comment

Your mom is gonna cry. A lot. Seriously once you're on your own for a week you'll never want to live with your parents again.

Comment

I moved out for good when I left for basic training. Moms will cry - nothing you can do about it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

did u move out for college? or are you living in your own apartment? Will you be in the same town as your old home?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                did u move out for college? or are you living in your own apartment? Will you be in the same town as your old home?
                I'm moving out to an apartment for college, it's about an hour away from my home. I'll still see family for most football games, as well as probably come back home on a lot of weekends. It's not like I'll be living on a college campus, I'm in an apartment 2.5 miles away from the school.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                  it's about an hour away from my home
                  that's it? dude, I was 3.5 hours away from home all through college. do you know how boring it is to drive that long and not even leave your state?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I went 14 hours away or so to an out of state school. Leaving my room at my house was tough and not to mention my friends went to Texas A&M or UT while I went out of state. I came back most weekends at the beginning and my dad works near the airport so he was able to pick me up on Fridays. Its nice being on your own but you still miss your family. Now my parents come up to visit me like once a month because they enjoy the area and my dad said he wants to retire there. They wouldnt go visit my older brother while he was at TCU.
                    Last edited by jayceheathman; 08-01-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I'll be moving around 2 hours from home to a dorm. I figure I'll be fine. I'll probably go back home every now and then on weekends, especially holidays.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

yes I will not be far away either, about a hour or so away.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          that's it? dude, I was 3.5 hours away from home all through college. do you know how boring it is to drive that long and not even leave your state?
                          Ya I go to school six hours away from my hometown. I never come back except for holidays during the year. I wish I would have went even further away.

Moving out is no big deal at all,do it just like a band aid. Try not to go back home too much, you'll never meet anyone that way.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

The lord loves a working man

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            Don't trust whitey.
                            And if you catch something, see a doctor and get rid of it....
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

I'm moving out in a few weeks. I'll be living in the dorms at the University of Nebraska, which is about 7 hours from my home--Minneapolis.

I'm not dreading it though.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                              It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                              Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                              http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                              421 Witness
                              756*

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information