Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Called the cops for my first time today....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did you figure it was the meter man

Comment

I am hoping that there was **** on the meter.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Ah, that's ******.....I always leave my car unlocked and when people ask why, I'm like "if they're going to steal my burnt cd's or my crappy radio, then at least they don't need to break anything to do it."
        That's pretty much inviting a small time criminal like "The Peefs" into your car. You should always lock your door.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          Yes please tell us how you guys figured that out.
          OK, well, I discovered this Thursday evening. I had been out in the backyard with my kids on their swing set the evening before. So I know it happened between Wednesday evening and Thursday evening. Having been quite the prankster as a kid, I realized this was not a prank or else it would have been on my doorstep (that's where I would have put it). Where the poop was taken (or left, + rep if you get the reference there) is in a spot that is a perfect hiding spot from the front of the house. I have a gate in my back yard, but I have it wired closed so teenagers won't use it as a short cut. I live at the end of a dead-end street and the casual walker usually turns around at the corner/T-section one house down. I suspected it was someone who had legitimate business in the area. I called the electric company and sure enough, there meter-reader was in the area that day. My guess is he got out and about doing his job and nature called. The handkerchief was folded neatly atop the turd [if that's not sig worthy, I don't know what is] and that told me that he at least had some decency (if that was possible at said point).

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            You called the cops over a dirty handkerchief outside of a garbage can? Wassah?
            Yes, mind you this turd was taken right next to our bathroom window and up against the outside wall of my bedroom. That can be a bit disturbing. I called as soon as I saw it to report a trespasser in case it was some weird SOB in the area. That way if something else happened there would be a report on record. It wasn't until later that I did my "Columbo" thing and ascertained it was the meter-man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
              That's pretty much inviting a small time criminal like "The Peefs" into your car. You should always lock your door.
              I can see the point though, there probably isn't anything inside his car worth more than the window you have to shatter to get in. It's a pretty common crime too...

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                + rep if you get the reference there
                Billy Madison?

EDIT: Also, there is no reason to shatter a window, most (if rolled all the way up) can be popped open with a screw driver. It just comes out towards the burglar and you can reach in and unlock the car and then push the window back in. This is how I got into my car once when I left the keys inside. A lot of criminals know this, so only amateurs smash-and-grab.
                Last edited by Brent; 08-11-2009, 10:01 PM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  I can see the point though, there probably isn't anything inside his car worth more than the window you have to shatter to get in. It's a pretty common crime too...
                  That's my way of thinking....assuming that someone breaking in actually checks to see if it's unlocked before going all smash crazy....

Comment

Me and a few other people have went around checking cars to see if they were unlocked, we found quite a few...we found some groceries in one...got rice patties mayonaise and a pack of ultra lite mistys...found the keys in one but we were content in just throwing those...not big on getting a GTA.

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                      Me and a few other people have went around checking cars to see if they were unlocked, we found quite a few...we found some groceries in one...got rice patties mayonaise and a pack of ultra lite mistys...found the keys in one but we were content in just throwing those...not big on getting a GTA.
                      At least I don't leave my keys in it, lol.....

And I will lock it if I have **** I just bought in there after shopping. But if it's just going to sit overnight or something, I say **** it. Like Hollywood said, it'd cost more to get the window fixed then there is in actual valuable stuff in the car.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Johnny law, I understand we have cops to keep order and all that junk but some people use that freedom a little too much. My friends mom used to always call the cops on us when we used to drink in the alley, even when we weren't being loud. We learned though when his mom called him to come into the house it was time to go.

Comment

Called the cops the first time for a guy passing a junk check at my work.

The second time it was for an ELEVEN year old kid that was trying to steal condoms from my work lol... That was a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            Billy Madison?
                            Sorry, no. It's a little obscure. It may be tough.

Comment

I didn't get let into a party so I called the cops on it.

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                                I'm not a big fan of Johnny law, I understand we have cops to keep order and all that junk but some people use that freedom a little too much. My friends mom used to always call the cops on us when we used to drink in the alley, even when we weren't being loud. We learned though when his mom called him to come into the house it was time to go.
                                If I'm concerned for stuff getting stolen or damage, or someone getting hurt, I won't hesitate to call them. That's the kind of stuff they should be doing in my opinion anyway.

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                                I didn't get let into a party so I called the cops on it.
                                That's pretty bastardly.....Karma can be a *****. I wouldn't call the cops on something that it could be me doing some time, yanno?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information