No announcement yet.

Anyone use RateMyProfessors.com?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I mainly use it to try and save money for beer. Also, if everyone says over and over again that the guy is a ball buster, its a safe bet that you should avoid. Not to say you couldnt get an A, because I really think you almost always can, but its nice not having to spend 95 percent of your study time on one class.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Use it before every semester.

Comment

One of my professors this quarter was accused of sexual harassment on ratemyprof.com

It read, and I quote, "If you are a female, don't bother asking him for help after class...he'll only make sexual advances toward you."

He's an old guy, so it has probably been awhile for him...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

It can be good, but if you know anyone who already had that professor then that it is the way to go. Another reason it helps to try and make friends with some upperclassmen.
          Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

It's the center of my scheduling every semester

Comment

I do check it every semester. But it would only impact my choice if it is an epic unanimous hatrid by 10 or more people. If I have to take a class, I will take it even if it says the professor is a prick.

Comment

One of my high school teachers that used to teach in college(ta) said that his colleagues and he would write fake stuff on there about each other for fun, so take all of those comments with a grain of salt.

Comment

I used it for like the first two years, after that I just kinda was like bunch of C average students comment on it, and I really don't care. Never met a professor that I just absolutely hated, disliked yes but not because of difficult coursework.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

I think it's a great site. Hasn't let me down so far.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I do use rate my professor and do change my schedule according. And frequently when I don't change my schedule, I will within the first week or drop the class within the first month.

I have encountered times however where my opinion of a teacher runs counter to that of what I read on rate my professor.

And I do find it is more important to read the comments than the ratings.

Comment

like xio said i use it for text books a lot.

i dropped a teacher twice this past year and got into another class somewhat due to this site. i went to the first syllabus day and it was a lot plus this site's ratings weren't too positive so it seemed like a safe call.
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          Very useful site. I don't put too much stock into what people write about professors, generally because it's just a lot of people complaining "He made me read a book and I don't like reading," but if there's overwhelmingly bad reviews, it's worth noting.

I've also saved money by not buying textbooks when people posted that you wouldn't ever use them.
                          I do that too. I got my booklist a week ago, and one of my professors wants me to get three books and some clicker thingy (he isn't on RMP). I mean, I don't mind reading, but obviously I think if we are getting three books, we are using one of them for or a chapter or two at most. It doesn't seems to be very nice.

Comment

My school has it's own review site, so I just use that. But it is a good site. Most definitely.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

myspace has a pretty good one too

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                                myspace has a pretty good one too
                                Myspace is for child molesters and losers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information