What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    it's been suggested to me that as long as i don't kiss tebow everything's cool. i've been a teddy bear. i keep seeing sarf out of the corner of my eye. someone was singing in the bathroom. someone on the phone told me that her daughter is single. i've been drinking a beer at work since 9am. well. i've been drinking beers. and sorting out whether we ought to get a fifth of jack.
    I take it you work for the phone company.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      Death threats really grind my gears....

On a serious one though, people who call into the customer service of a company that employs several hundred people and ask for a person by first name, then act miffed when you ask them for a last name, really grind my gears. There are many Daves, Bobs and Johns here.....don't be pissed when I ask you for a last name dammit.
      I worked in phone tech support when I was in college, so I know how it is. Which is why I am nice on the phone when I call for help. Which is why it grinds my gears when I STILL get attitude as if I'm just some asshole customer that doesn't know anything and am just complaining to be belligerent.

Comment

• I love basketball, but hate the NBA. Watching the highlights of last night's Miami-Cleveland game reminded me why. I thought of posting this on the NBA forum, but people would just think I'm trolling. I cold go into a long list of reason of why I hate the NBA, but I don't feel like writing a novel. LameBron's former fans let themselves get owned by going to that game last night. Fans of teams like the Cavs need to realize that their organization exists only to provide opponents for the organizations that can actually compete for championships in the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          I love basketball, but hate the NBA. Watching the highlights of last night's Miami-Cleveland game reminded me why. I thought of posting this on the NBA forum, but people would just think I'm trolling. I cold go into a long list of reason of why I hate the NBA, but I don't feel like writing a novel. LameBron's former fans let themselves get owned by going to that game last night. Fans of teams like the Cavs need to realize that their organization exists only to provide opponents for the organizations that can actually compete for championships in the NBA.
          I blame guaranteed contracts in part. It takes away accountability from the players. I think the NBA is also overexpanded. They could use about 4-6 fewer teams than they have to keep things more competitive.

Comment

I blame guaranteed contracts in part. It takes away accountability from the players. I think the NBA is also overexpanded. They could use about 4-6 fewer teams than they have to keep things more competitive.
            Agree about guaranteed contracts. No way 100% of a contract should be guaranteed. Unfortunately, NBA fans are so devoted to players that the league is afraid to challenge it. Fans don't realize they're hurting the product.

The league needs fewer teams and fewer games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
              Agree about guaranteed contracts. No way 100% of a contract should be guaranteed. Unfortunately, NBA fans are so devoted to players that the league is afraid to challenge it. Fans don't realize they're hurting the product.

The league needs fewer teams and fewer games.
              Yes, yes, yes. Agree with the guaranteed contracts, too.

That's the big reason I can't watch baseball. I will not allow my time to be wasted watching millionaires spit and scratch their nuts for four hours, especially in the middle of a 4908534908539048039458 game season.

Comment

• I'm sure this will offend some, but these are teams that I think could be done without. Most are traditionally lousy teams in markets that are geographically close to other, bigger teams or are just in small markets that no one would really miss:

New Jersey (sorry Scotty, super close to NY and Philly)
                Memphis (No real history, not a great market)
                Toronto (I can't imagine many American studs like going to Canada....)
                Cleveland (Nothing without LeBron...who will want to go there?)
                Minnesota/Milwaukee (No real history for either, could get rid of one and still keep a team in that part of the country)
                Golden State/LAC/Sacramento (Could do without one or two...particularly with the Lakers in the state)

I mean, most of those teams are traditionally crappy and aren't big FA destinations. All they really serve to do is draft talented players high, develop them for a few years while they physically and mentally mature (especially with so many one-and-dones entering the draft anymore) and then they leave or are traded to teams where they congregate and compete.

Comment

• Bitchy *** guys.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

I'm sure this will offend some, but these are teams that I think could be done without. Most are traditionally lousy teams in markets that are geographically close to other, bigger teams or are just in small markets that no one would really miss:

New Jersey (sorry Scotty, super close to NY and Philly)
                    Memphis (No real history, not a great market)
                    Toronto (I can't imagine many American studs like going to Canada....)
                    Cleveland (Nothing without LeBron...who will want to go there?)
                    Minnesota/Milwaukee (No real history for either, could get rid of one and still keep a team in that part of the country)
                    Golden State/LAC/Sacramento (Could do without one or two...particularly with the Lakers in the state)

I mean, most of those teams are traditionally crappy and aren't big FA destinations. All they really serve to do is draft talented players high, develop them for a few years while they physically and mentally mature (especially with so many one-and-dones entering the draft anymore) and then they leave or are traded to teams where they congregate and compete.
                    Disagree about Toronto. Almost every American who was played there absolutely fell in love with the city. European players love it, too. Plus, there's a lot of young Canadian talent moving up through the college system. No superstars at this point, but soon there will probably be more than one Canadian NBA player that doesn't suck. And the NBA needs to improve the talent pool they're drawing from more than any other sport. There are so many awful players in the NBA, it's terrible. There are like 3 good players per draft, if that. There are guys in the league who are there just because they're 7 feet tall and don't trip on their feet when they run. It's pretty bad. Plus, Toronto is a huge market with a massive immigrant population that loves basketball.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                      Disagree about Toronto. Almost every American who was played there absolutely fell in love with the city. European players love it, too. Plus, there's a lot of young Canadian talent moving up through the college system. No superstars at this point, but soon there will probably be more than one Canadian NBA player that doesn't suck. And the NBA needs to improve the talent pool they're drawing from more than any other sport. There are so many awful players in the NBA, it's terrible. There are like 3 good players per draft, if that. There are guys in the league who are there just because they're 7 feet tall and don't trip on their feet when they run. It's pretty bad. Plus, Toronto is a huge market with a massive immigrant population that loves basketball.
                      If you insist, Toronto could be kept....but there are just so many other cities in poor markets that are going to have a lot of trouble drawing talent there or keeping it there if they "homegrow" it through the draft. Remove 4-6 of them and you'll help keep the talent from being over distributed.

Comment

• Arguments about college football rivalries, especially by students.

It's disgusting looking at the USC vs UCLA event on facebook, two nationally ranked schools with equally ridiculously stupid people.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Yes, yes, yes. Agree with the guaranteed contracts, too.

That's the big reason I can't watch baseball. I will not allow my time to be wasted watching millionaires spit and scratch their nuts for four hours, especially in the middle of a 4908534908539048039458 game season.
                          I will be happy with the NBA once Kobe leaves and joins Turkey's team to play with AI.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                            It's disgusting looking at the USC vs UCLA event on facebook, two nationally ranked schools with equally ridiculously stupid people.
                            you should see how bad UT/A&M gets.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              you should see how bad UT/A&M gets.
                              Nothing and I mean NOTHING tops Bammer/Barner fans during game week.

Comment

• ESPN, and just how lazy reporting in general has become. Here's just a little piece from something I just read on BSPN:

The trio of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen were 150-50 in their first 200 regular-season games together … three games better than the previous signature triumvirate in Boston. Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish went 153-47, with just as many titles, in their first 200 games together from 1980 to '83.
                                Apparently in my 24 years of life I was taught the wrong way to count. 150-50 is now 3 games better than 153-47. Yep, 150 > 153. Thanks for teaching me the correct way to count, BSPN.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information