Olympic Decision Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Decision Day

I know we had a nice thread going with the Beijing Olympics last year, but I'm excited for today, since the IOC decides who will host the 2016 Olympics.

For Olympic newbies, the four finalists to host are Chicago, Rio de Janeiro, Madrid, and Tokyo.

I know there are a lot of Chicagoans out there, so what does SWDC think about the vote today?

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
    Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

I hope Chicago wins for US pride, but I think the other three are good choices as well.......except maybe Rio.....its a bit dangerous/dirty.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

I'm sensing Madrid. No idea why.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

If not Chicago, I hope Rio gets it.

Comment

Only olympics that matter are Vancouver 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
            Only olympics that matter are Vancouver 2010.
            Damned Straight Todd Me Boy!

Barcelona had the 1992 Olympics so I do doubt Spain gets it again so soon. My money is on Rio, even though the risks involved are high, there hasn't been games on the South American continent

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

It'll probably be Rio, they have more than enough time to get things straight for the olympics.

Comment

Let's Go Chicago! I would be extremely happy. Many Chicagoans do not trust Daley or the State government. All that aside it will be good stimulus and be a lot of fun going to events, if I stay in Chicago.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                  Damned Straight Todd Me Boy!

Barcelona had the 1992 Olympics so I do doubt Spain gets it again so soon. My money is on Rio, even though the risks involved are high, there hasn't been games on the South American continent
                  Atlanta and Salt Lake City had it within a 10 year period.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    Atlanta and Salt Lake City had it within a 10 year period.
                    That was different as one was a summer and one was a winter. Then again, you could make the Lake Placid/Salt Lake argument....

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

What is it, less than an hour until presentations start? I think Chicago is first...

I really hope Chicago gets it. If they don't, it's going to be Rio. Tokyo has no chance, and Madrid could be a darkhorse but there really has only been talks of Chicago and Rio.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                        Let's Go Chicago! I would be extremely happy. Many Chicagoans do not trust Daley or the State government. All that aside it will be good stimulus and be a lot of fun going to events, if I stay in Chicago.
                        That has yet to be seen, there are enough examples of cities incurring massive debts in preparation for an Olympic Games that they were unable to re-coup thanks to the games themselves, in which case it wouldn't be anything but a redistribution of wealth. That said if the finances work in the city's favor I'd love to see the games back in the USA.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                          That has yet to be seen, there are enough examples of cities incurring massive debts in preparation for an Olympic Games that they were unable to re-coup thanks to the games themselves, in which case it wouldn't be anything but a redistribution of wealth. That said if the finances work in the city's favor I'd love to see the games back in the USA.
                          It'd be good for the city by adding massive transit infrastructure that we desperately need. So, massive debt or not, as long as the plan is to build more mass transit, create more green space, and bring in construction jobs, i'm okay with that. It also has been proven to open international trade more. Which is ALWAYS a plus. We could sell more beanie babies.

That said:

Oddsmakers say Chicago is the favourite, with Rio being in second. Madrid and Tokyo both will probably NOT get it.
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Olympics in Chicago, really? Do they have ther appropriate facilities to hold the Olympics theire or they gonna raise taxes to build a 5.8 billion dollar Olympic facility that will be used for few weeks? I scan see the numerous scandals already. How did the Olympics fair in Salt Lake?
                            Last edited by no bare feet; 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM.
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

My money is on Chicago

However, aside from my patriotism, I think it would be interesting to see them in Madrid.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information