• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its about 1 over here!

but its 1 Celsius

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      *yawn*

wind chill has us at 20 to 30 below zero.

this is why no one should come to denver. ever. it's cold. and it's probably snowing.
      and, yet, my friends there want me to move. I look at this comment and think "if I am sitting here in sweat pants and a hoodie, how the **** would I live through that?"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

*yawn*

wind chill has us at 20 to 30 below zero.

this is why no one should come to denver. ever. it's cold. and it's probably snowing.
        I don't need the weather to keep me from Denver my hate for the Broncos does that just fine.

:)

Comment

but then, you have to remember what college station is like in the summer (i can't actually remember if you're still there or if you've moved).
          Back in Dallas for an indefinite amount of time. Which means it's less humid in the summer, and by less humid I mean 50% humidity instead of 70%. Honestly, you get used to the heat, it's pretty manageable. I bet it's wonderful in Denver during the summer & spring, but I couldnt handle that cold. Hell, when we were in California, I'd never go skiing in the winter because it was so cold; spring skiing is where it's at.

Comment

• I'd just want to go to Colorado to check out the mountains and see how sick I get from the altitude. A one time deal more than likely.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

it's difficult for me to speak words right now, i'm so... shocked? appalled? etc?
              What fun is it having to wear like 5 layers of clothing just to ski? We would get 50 degree afternoons while skiing in the spring. You cant beat that!

Comment

• Are you actually in the city of Denver or more like a rural type area? A cabin per chance? :D I still have illusions of snow being everywhere, year round. But, I hear it can be really nice there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

besides, the best snow is when it's cold, and that's really the only thing that matters.
                  late February through early April was prime skiing for us: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_S...fornia#Climate check out that awesome weather. It was rarely much cooler on the slopes.

Comment

the average high in tahoe (for instance) is over 40! heck, i ski in short sleeves when it's 30ish.

even yesterday wasn't too bad at about 10... i ended up overheating and removing most of the layers (thought it was going to be about 0 all day, sun warmed it up a bit).

besides, the best snow is when it's cold, and that's really the only thing that matters.
                    This sounds so awesome. I hate the heat and am really warm blooded. It is in the 30's today here and I am in a short sleeve shirt.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I dunno, i hate spring conditions... everything melts all day, then freezes overnight. you end up with really tough crud for most of the morning. but then, i live for back country powder. it's not like there's really a wrong way to ski.
                      I just enjoyed going fast, so the snow we had was prefect for it. Usually, we'd get there when the slopes opened and stay til mid-to-early afternoon, or go up for night skiing, which I always enjoyed.

Comment

• 10-Day Forecast

High /
                        Low (F) Precip. %
                        Tonight
                        Dec 09 Snow Shower / Wind 2 80 %
                        Thu
                        Dec 10 Few Snow Showers 12/4 30 %
                        Fri
                        Dec 11 Flurries / Wind 14/2 30 %
                        Sat
                        Dec 12 Cloudy 19/7 20 %
                        Sun
                        Dec 13 Few Snow Showers 22/15 30 %
                        Mon
                        Dec 14 Few Snow Showers 23/6 30 %
                        Tue
                        Dec 15 Partly Cloudy 13/6 10 %
                        Wed
                        Dec 16 Partly Cloudy 22/12 20 %
                        Thu
                        Dec 17 Partly Cloudy 18/12 20 %
                        Fri
                        Dec 18 Sunny 19/14 0 %

This has been pretty mild so far this "winter". I could deal with staying away from the -35 stuff for awhile longer. January is always fun.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Supposed to have snow Monday-Wednesday of next week. Just so happens that's the week I have to sleep outside for a field exercise. FML

Comment

• bundle up!

sig by fenikz
                            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                            You are just a terrible person.
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            I have an iPhone.

Comment

• it's 74 right now at 1:08

yay

but it's gonna get colder tomorrow. i have to wake up early Friday morning to walk out to my car and drive to the airport and it says it's gonna be in the mid 40s. fml. *insert LOL FLORIDIAN THAT'S NOT RLY COLD*

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                                it's 74 right now at 1:08

yay

but it's gonna get colder tomorrow. i have to wake up early Friday morning to walk out to my car and drive to the airport and it says it's gonna be in the mid 40s. fml. *insert LOL FLORIDIAN THAT'S NOT RLY COLD*
                                I wish I was you.

sig by fenikz
                                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                                You are just a terrible person.
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information