High school relationships / age

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school relationships / age

Err, so in one of the many random discussions me and my friends have, we were talking about high school relationships. So we have this friends who is going to be a senior in March (school is from March to December down here) and he is dating a girl who is going to enter 8th grade. We think this is kind of awkward.

But on the other hand, another friend is going to be a senior too and he is going to date a girl who is going to be a freshman.

So the difference is 3 years and 4 years.

Do you think either of the two is ok? How is this in the US?

Also we have a girl-buddy who is 17 and dating a 24 year old man... is that acceptable? Most people say this 24 year old dude is an idiot who can't pick up anything and that is why he is dating a girl 7 years younger.

In high school, it has always been my opinion that girls shouldn't have a relationship with guys in lower grades than them. It's cool if you're a dude, but it reeks of desperation for girls.

Guys can go down two grades MAXIMUM. Seniors with sophomores, juniors with freshman, etc. There are some guidelines though, the younger you go - the better they have to look. However, in HS there is a maximum of two years in age difference no matter what the grade of anyone involved. 18-16 being ok, 18-15 not being ok, etc. So no "old for their grade" seniors getting with "young for their grade" sophomores.

Once you're out of high school, the "half your age plus 7" rule is a good standard.

Last edited by George Lippard; 02-20-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
      Err, so in one of the many random discussions me and my friends have, we were talking about high school relationships. So we have this friends who is going to be a senior in March (school is from March to December down here) and he is dating a girl who is going to enter 8th grade. We think this is kind of awkward.

But on the other hand, another friend is going to be a senior too and he is going to date a girl who is going to be a freshman.

So the difference is 3 years and 4 years.

Do you think either of the two is ok? How is this in the US?

Also we have a girl-buddy who is 17 and dating a 24 year old man... is that acceptable? Most people say this 24 year old dude is an idiot who can't pick up anything and that is why he is dating a girl 7 years younger.
      You can't be dating a girl in middle school if you're in high school yet when you're about to be a senior. Very weird. The senior freshman thing is more acceptable.

I agree with the above. Two grades below and that's your cut off.

Comment

God I remember being a senior in high school though and the freshman were just so small and young. Developmentally there is just such a huge gap between a 14 & 18 year old. Kids would be walking around at literally half my size, I dont even want to think about middle schoolers.

At least its a good thing with all the hormones in the chicken these days that chicks are sprouting their tits out at 11.

Comment

Originally posted by George Lippard View Post

What about half your age minus 7?

Originally posted by George Lippard View Post
          In high school, it has always been my opinion that girls shouldn't have a relationship with guys in lower grades than them. It's cool if you're a dude, but it reeks of desperation for girls.

Guys can go down two grades MAXIMUM. Seniors with sophomores, juniors with freshman, etc. There are some guidelines though, the younger you go - the better they have to look. However, in HS there is a maximum of two years in age difference no matter what the grade of anyone involved. 18-16 being ok, 18-15 not being ok, etc.
          Seriously though, this is the standard I followed in HS.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Senior + 8th grader = pedo, Senior + Freshman = Same school so not as bad, but if it started before she got to HS then that is creepy.

SPLOOSH

Comment

We had a guy in our class that dated a 6th grader while he was a sophomore. I always had a thing for all my hot teachers though... I was crushed when I found out my 4th block teacher was getting married. Lol

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                We had a guy in our class that dated a 6th grader while he was a sophomore. I always had a thing for all my hot teachers though... I was crushed when I found out my 4th block teacher was getting married. Lol
                I took Geometry and ALG 2 in my sophmore year because the ALG 2 teacher was "lava ass hot"!

Comment

I asked my geometry teacher out. It didn't end well for me. I got sent down to the office, only to get suspended. :(

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                    I asked my geometry teacher out. It didn't end well for me. I got sent down to the office, only to get suspended. :(

Odd, he looks like your type.

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                      My 4th grade teacher looked like Summer Sanders. I fell pretty hard for her.

Comment

The only time it'd be acceptable for a high schooler to date a middle schooler is if it was 8th grade and freshman and they were dating since before one was in high school.

8th grade and Senior is extremely ****** up. I agree with the two year maximum idea.

Comment

Wow yeah 8th grade girl and senior dude is muy unacceptablo. 9th grade girl with senior guy is okay, but not ideal. Good range is 2 years, as has been said.

Here's another situation though. What if you're out of high school and with a HS girl? Half your age+7 apply or is it 2 years maximum because she's in HS?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                            Wow yeah 8th grade girl and senior dude is muy unacceptablo. 9th grade girl with senior guy is okay, but not ideal. Good range is 2 years, as has been said.

Here's another situation though. What if you're out of high school and with a HS girl? Half your age+7 apply or is it 2 years maximum because she's in HS?
                            A great question. Let's say the girl is a 17 year old junior and you recently graduated and turned 20.

She technically falls into the half-your-age-plus-7 but there is a 3 year difference. You're no longer in HS so the rules no longer apply to you but she is, so she should be held to HS rules. It is a grey area, there is no universal precedent for these overlapping situations.

I say 2 year maximum.

But...lets say she is 18 and you're 21, she is now an adult and shouldn't be held to HS rules?
                            Last edited by George Lippard; 02-20-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Once I hit 18 I was scared to piss of any chick under 18. The first woman I ended up in a serious relationship with once I finished basic training was a 33 year old woman. I feel this is no coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information