Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hines View Post
    Loney is better than Overbay. That's all I need to know.
    Everyone is better than Overbay.

    People are talking about the Pirates dealing Maholm to get a first basemen, but I'd much rather see him extended. I think we can field a decent lineup with help from AAA and returns from injuries rather than trading our biggest strength in our Pitching staff or any of the prospects they've been trying to collect.

    Without making a trade our lineup can be Tabata, Presley, Walker, Cutch, Alvarez, Doumit, D'arnud, and Jones. That's really not bad at all with some pretty good bench players out of Paul, Harrison, and Cedeno.

    Weakest spot is Jones at first. Only trade I'd make is to find someone at first, and I don't think dealing Maholm is worth any upgrade we can get over Jones. Especially is Hague keeps killing the ball at AAA, he could provide another internal solution.

    Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

    Comment


    • Wily Mo walk off in the bottom of the 9th after the Indians tied it in the top
      http://t.co/XDSgtcp

      Comment


      • What Reyes has done up to this point is pretty amazing. I can't see anyway we trade him but I have no idea what's going to happen in the offseason. I can see a team really overpaying but Reyes needs to be a Met.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          What Reyes has done up to this point is pretty amazing. I can't see anyway we trade him but I have no idea what's going to happen in the offseason. I can see a team really overpaying but Reyes needs to be a Met.
          So he can revert back to his 2009-2010 form once he gets his pay day?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            So he can revert back to his 2009-2010 form once he gets his pay day?
            Better than giving a guy who can't play defense anymore and can barely hit $17 million a year.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              So he can revert back to his 2009-2010 form once he gets his pay day?
              Sort of like how Cano has reverted back to his normal self after his MVP like year? It's very possible because he's not going to keep up this pace obviously. He's still worth a big contract because of the position he plays and the numbers he'll put up at minimum. 2006-2009 Reyes is still a great player at a position where there aren't many in the league.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Sort of like how Cano has reverted back to his normal self after his MVP like year? It's very possible because he's not going to keep up this pace obviously. He's still worth a big contract because of the position he plays and the numbers he'll put up at minimum. 2006-2009 Reyes is still a great player at a position where there aren't many in the league.
                Yeah but he won't be worth what he's going to demand after this season. Not even close.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Better than giving a guy who can't play defense anymore and can barely hit $17 million a year.
                  We're in a completely different situation. Jeter can sit on the bench his last year making that and it won't hurt our pockets. That was a different type of contract anyway. It's difficult to play hardball with Jeter in negotiations. Cashman had to walk a fine line, and probably even crossed it when working out that deal.

                  Comment


                  • I'd go no more than 6/120.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • You have a ton of ridiculous contracts on the team so it doesn't matter. We all know the Yanks can afford to overpay.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        You have a ton of ridiculous contracts on the team so it doesn't matter. We all know the Yanks can afford to overpay.
                        Of course. But with the situation you're in, I can't see Alderson overpaying Reyes because of a career year in a walk season. I'm sure he had a figure in mind before the season started, and he probably won't or shouldn't change from that.

                        Comment


                        • Honestly I think before the year he wanted no part of re-signing Reyes. There will definitely be a figure in mind and who knows what it is. With all the money we have coming off the books we can easily afford a $20 million a year contract for Reyes and still be below a $100 million payroll. We're going to have cheap production from a good amount of spots on the team next year and as we've seen so far this team isn't as in a dire situation as most people painted. It's going to be a fine line for the rest of the year because Sandy can't piss off the fanbase if we're doing well but we do need to get something back for the likes of Beltran etc.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • By keeping him, you block a guy who could be significantly better next season at SS (JOSE REYES) or DH (I don't know, pretty much anyone).


                            RIP TheManInBlack

                            Comment


                            • This really means nothing about Jose Reyes but I found it to be interesting none the less:

                              The only other player with that many triples and steals in his first 1,000 games was Hall of Famer Ty Cobb, who had 106 triples and 391 stolen bases by his 1,000th game in 1912.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Looks like Phil Hughes' velocity is back. Orioles should follow the same plan with Matusz. Although they might not get him back to September then.

                                Sometimes I think Nolan Ryan might be right and all these innings limits become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
                                Last edited by Jughead10; 06-29-2011, 02:16 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information