MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Jeff Karstens is so goddamn lucky this year.
    BABIP of .240 supports this.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Lousy defense and good but not great offense. Meh.
      Don't you ever get tired of being so grumpy?
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I wish I got a chance to watch the Braves/Nats game today...if only to see the Nats commit 5 errors. Eww.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Cardinals bullpen sucks balls kay? And u know what, **** the Pirates, **** em and **** em hard. Any other division I might be happy for them, but now I'm hoping for them to play two weeks of playing like Pirates. But since they are in the NL Central **** them. Call me heartless cuz I am, the ******* Cardinals bullpen rips them out cuz it ******* sucks dick. AND A BIG **** U TO BRANDON PHILLIPS. He can go do something great that helps the world and I'd still hate him cuz he a dick.

Comment

• And just in case any1 asks with the Oprah picture which I really love BTW.....

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
              Cardinals bullpen sucks balls kay? And u know what, **** the Pirates, **** em and **** em hard. Any other division I might be happy for them, but now I'm hoping for them to play two weeks of playing like Pirates. But since they are in the NL Central **** them. Call me heartless cuz I am, the ******* Cardinals bullpen rips them out cuz it ******* sucks dick. AND A BIG **** U TO BRANDON PHILLIPS. He can go do something great that helps the world and I'd still hate him cuz he a dick.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Jeff Karstens is so goddamn lucky this year.
                I don't consider a 2.34 ERA "lucky." Justin Verlander must be lucky because he has done so well this year. Joel Hanrahan is pretty lucky too making 26 consecutive saves. now I know he never has had a dominant year of pitching under his belt but he's part of the reason the buccos are turning it around. If anyone on the Pirates is lucky it's Correia. 11 wins with his ERA is ridiculous.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
                Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by Santonio10 View Post
                  I don't consider a 2.34 ERA "lucky." Justin Verlander must be lucky because he has done so well this year. Joel Hanrahan is pretty lucky too making 26 consecutive saves. now I know he never has had a dominant year of pitching under his belt but he's part of the reason the buccos are turning it around. If anyone on the Pirates is lucky it's Correia. 11 wins with his ERA is ridiculous.
                  It's lucky because he allows a lot of homers, doesn't strike out a lot of people, has a ridiculously low BABIP, and an absurdly high LOB%. You may need to be introduced to sabermetrics my friend.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Oh my......

Comment

• anybody wanna give me a sabermetrics lesson? i get the basics such as OBP OPS and slugging %. Maybe if someone could send me a link with solid explanations. +rep.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

• It doesn't matter what forces in the world are helping the Pirates, they are in first place and that's really all anyone should be talking about.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

It's lucky because he allows a lot of homers, doesn't strike out a lot of people, has a ridiculously low BABIP, and an absurdly high LOB%. You may need to be introduced to sabermetrics my friend.
                          I don't see how a low BABIP is lucky when he's pitching well? Yeah he does give up home runs, but he does it when no one is on base. As long as he gets the outs when he needs them then I don't see how he is lucky. His WHIP, ERA and opponent BA are good. Those are the primary stats I look at.

Im not huge into baseball stats. I just think Karstens is pitching well and that he deserves some credit. He's obviously not going to pitch this well all year but it's one hell of a dominant stretch IMO.

Karstens has been great when we need him. He's one of the unsung heros of the Pirates ever since he got to Pittsburgh.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            Oh my......
                            That was sarcasm haha. I didn't really mean that Verlander and Hanrahan were lucky if thats what you're referring to.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

• As "lucky" as Karstens appears to be, Paul Maholm is equally as unlucky

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

As "lucky" as Karstens appears to be, Paul Maholm is equally as unlucky
                                No, since Maholm's BABIP is actually below average...

If a pitcher has a BABIP below .300, it means he's getting lucky with the location of where the ball is being hit. It's almost impossible to consistently have a BABIP below .300.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                                <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                                <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                                <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information