MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    More than anther GM owns. Another team would probably never give him an ownership stake. If they did and offered a compelling deal he might switch.
    Of course no other team would. Percentages in their team are worth more. He owns part of the A's. This reminds me of the Simpsons when Homer complains about owning the Broncos.

That's why I'm curious how much percentage he owns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Of course no other team would. Percentages in their team are worth more. He owns part of the A's. This reminds me of the Simpsons when Homer complains about owning the Broncos.

That's why I'm curious how much percentage he owns.
      It's never been made public but I bet it's 1% or less.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It's never been made public but I bet it's 1% or less.
        So 1% or less is 3 million dollars or less. Spread that out over a contract and it's nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          So 1% or less is 3 million dollars or less. Spread that out over a contract and it's nothing.
          Oakland made $30 million last year? If they did then it would be $3 million ever year plus what his contract is. That's a deal no one else has offered. He's also only 49 so he will have time to go to another team if Oakland ultimately doesn't end up with the new stadium in Fremont like they want.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Oakland made $30 million last year? If they did then it would be $3 million ever year plus what his contract is. That's a deal no one else has offered. He's also only 49 so he will have time to go to another team if Oakland ultimately doesn't end up with the new stadium in Fremont like they want.
            I can't find profit, but the value of the team is just over 300 million. 1 percent of that is 3 million. I hope the team isn't making profit over 30 million. Even then 1 percent of 30 million is only 300K a year.

The point is the share of the team, if 1 percent, is not that much money. Certainly not something that couldn't be offset by straight salary by a big market team.

Comment

1% would require 300 million?

Beane helped allow new ideas into the MLB which I am very thankful for, but he has still never won anything. And when he had the chance to leave the team, he decided against it, so payroll can never be an excuse.

Comment

• Interesting move, the A's sure have a lot of outfielders now.

Comment

• I think the A's need more outfielder/DH/1st baseman, clearly they are pressing for them.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                    1% would require 300 million?

Beane helped allow new ideas into the MLB which I am very thankful for, but he has still never won anything. And when he had the chance to leave the team, he decided against it, so payroll can never be an excuse.
                    Haha yeah I wasn't really thinking when I typed that out.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Damn AJ Burnett's wife. I wouldn't have minded getting Bobby Abreu back.

Comment

• May you Rest in Peace, Kid

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• R.I.P Gary Carter
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Gary Carter reminds me of the days when I used to collect baseball cards.

RIP.

Comment

• R.I.P Gary Carter

Comment

• La Russa will be working with the Tigers in an unofficial capacity during spring training. Not sure what that means, but it cant hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information