No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He wouldn't really have a position to play. In fact where is he going to play by the time he's ready? Prince to DH, Miggy back to 1B?
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      He wouldn't really have a position to play. In fact where is he going to play by the time he's ready? Prince to DH, Miggy back to 1B?
      That's what I'd do, although he has the arm to play in right if he has to.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        That's what I'd do, although he has the arm to play in right if he has to.
        Come on Brodie, you can't block the amazing Brennan Boesch.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post

Probably true. But only Piazza will.

Agree with this, and with Brody's sentiment. I think Piazza will get in by a relatively slim margin too. What I really can't wait for is Murray Chass talking about how Piazza used steroids because he had back acne.

Comment

• Looks like Ryan Dempster to the Braves for Randall Delgado. I'm not sure if that's all the Cubs are getting, but that's the name being thrown around.

Comment

I'd like to point out that if Bonds, Piazza, and Clemens don't make the hall of fame next year, it should just be torn down and removed from existence.
              I thought it was already torn down when Rose didn't make it.

Comment

• IT's being confirmed that it's Dempster for Delgado

that's a great return for the Cubs. To get a prospect of that caliber for a 35 year old SP who is a FA after the season is nothing short of amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  I thought it was already torn down when Rose didn't make it.
                  There's a HUGE difference between betting on baseball, which is easily the worst thing you can do when it relates to the sport, and what Bonds/Clemens did. Plus, Bonds and Clemens were much better players than Rose was.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                    IT's being confirmed that it's Dempster for Delgado

that's a great return for the Cubs. To get a prospect of that caliber for a 35 year old SP who is a FA after the season is nothing short of amazing
                    Yea it is, especially considering that the Braves can't get any compensation pick for Dempster.

sig by BK and avy by me
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

There's a HUGE difference between betting on baseball, which is easily the worst thing you can do when it relates to the sport, and what Bonds/Clemens did. Plus, Bonds and Clemens were much better players than Rose was.
                      Irrelevant as to whether Bonds was better than Rose as a baseball player. I tend to think he wasn't.

As for betting vs steroids you could argue that Rose might have actually put up better numbers had he not bet on games when you consider he might have backed off in some of those games he gambled on.

Big picture i'm not advocating for Rose to be in, just saying if he isnt the others shouldn't be either.

Comment

• I really don't see a huge difference between steroid use and betting on the game. Both undermine the general competitiveness and fairness of the sport.

I wouldn't let any of them in, and I honestly don't understand why anyone cares considering what massive assholes all three of them seem to be.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Huh?? Piazza is one of the furthest things from an asshole.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Huh?? Piazza is one of the furthest things from an asshole.
                            I think the 3 were Bonds, Rose and Clemens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              I think the 3 were Bonds, Rose and Clemens.
                              Ahh right on then BF!!
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                                IT's being confirmed that it's Dempster for Delgado

Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                                Yea it is, especially considering that the Braves can't get any compensation pick for Dempster.
                                I think Dempster re-ups there, but still a great deal for the Cubs.

There are now rumors of Zach Lee going to the Cubs for Matt Garza. That'd be a nice coup as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information