No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huddy two wins away from 200. God I love Huddy. Fantastic trade back in the day.

And speaking of trades...major lolz at the Tex trade. The Rangers would have taken JoJo freaking Reyes instead of Matt Harrison but nooooooo. Not that we need Harrison, but I was always fan/believer. Rape trade.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Huddy two wins away from 200. God I love Huddy. Fantastic trade back in the day.

And speaking of trades...major lolz at the Tex trade. The Rangers would have taken JoJo freaking Reyes instead of Matt Harrison but nooooooo. Not that we need Harrison, but I was always fan/believer. Rape trade.
      Huddy has been one of my favorite pitchers in the game for a long time. Definitely a guy I tried to model over the last 4 years.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Huddy two wins away from 200. God I love Huddy. Fantastic trade back in the day.

Beane has had a lot of trades over the years ranging from great to horrendous, but that trade might be the biggest whiff of them all.

Charles Thomas, Juan Cruz and Dan Meyer in return for Tim Hudson. Wow... Meyer gave the A's a total of 44 ip and gave up 7.98 ERA. Thomas had a total of 55 PAs in the majors after the trade for a tune of a .363 OPS. There are 29 players in the majors with an OBP of .363 or better! And Juan Cruz did some nice things for AZ and TB, but he gave the A's one season with 33 ip and a 7.44 ERA.

Ugh. Of course Hudson has given the Braves 8 amazing seasons averaging 3.54 ERA in 1400+ IP.

I'm more than happy for Hudson. He's definitely one of my favorite players of all time and I root for him now as a Brave, but it would have been nice to get something of worth for such a dynamic pitcher.

Don't get me started on the 2 Matt Holliday trades.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur
          Inge got a record that hadn't been done since Lou Gehrig.
          I know that but it's not a season-long ordeal like the triple crown is. For some reason the media is infatuated with it, and they are the ones that hold the votes after all.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Sweet Jesus.. Yanks and Orioles have been on the same page lately. Come on, Yanks.

To someone who responded to my Orioles being first knocker. I don't think Orioles did win the East division in this aligned standings yet.
            Last edited by YotoJets007; 09-24-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack
              I just can't see the baseball writers NOT awarding him the MVP if he does it. As 'stupid' as we all seem to think it is. Hasn't happened since 1967 for christ's sakes.
              Okay then, if Trout goes for 30/50 this year, I just can't see the baseball writers NOT awarding him the MVP. It's only happened twice before, whereas the triple crown has been achieved over 10 times.

How about we stick to choosing the MVP based on who actually had the better season, rather than who achieved something unique?

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                Okay then, if Trout goes for 30/50 this year, I just can't see the baseball writers NOT awarding him the MVP. It's only happened twice before, whereas the triple crown has been achieved over 10 times.

How about we stick to choosing the MVP based on who actually had the better season, rather than who achieved something unique?

Carl Y was not an unanimous winner when he become the last person that won the triple crown. One idiotic first place vote went to nobody.

Both Trout and Cabrera should split first place votes but Cabrera gets my vote for MVP award.

Comment

• A's and Rangers kicking off a HUGE 4 game series in Arlington today. A's have 7 of next 10 games against Texas.

On the flip side, every single one of Texas' remaining 10 games are against Angels and A's.

Next week and a half will be HUGE for playoffs

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• A's pen blows it again. Too bad because Straily pitched great.

Comment

• 3.5 games up with 8 games to go. Nice win tonight, we definitely need to sweep the Astros, as we should because the Brewers and our last six games of the season scare the crap out of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
                        A's pen blows it again. Too bad because Straily pitched great.
                        phew! Angels only 2 games back. Still, gonna be very tough

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                          It's only happened twice before, whereas the triple crown has been achieved over 10 times.
                          Twice before and in one instance Eric Davis finished like 8th in the MVP voting that year. Both were also more recent than the last Triple Crown winner as well.

I do agree that it should go to who has the best season, I'm just saying the hard-on that the media has for the TC seems like it will win out in the end. Though they have been slobbin' on Trouts knob pretty hard too.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Chicago loses. Detroit can tie the division but they are going against Tiger Killer Bruce Chen.

Comment

• Dusty Baker ended up having a mini stroke in Chicago.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                                Dusty Baker ended up having a mini stroke in Chicago.
                                Jeebus that is awful, hope the man is gonna be ok. This probably happened from watching Drew Stubbs try to hit off a tee and failing miserably in doing so.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information