No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Bergenson? Are you kidding me? We're really going to waste a great start by Pavano because we can't score on Brad ******* Bergenson?

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
      Brad Bergenson? Are you kidding me? We're really going to waste a great start by Pavano because we can't score on Brad ******* Bergenson?
      How you think Cub fans felt whenever they couldn't score on Brian Burress?

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        Well the Cubs aren't......ummm....good.

Comment

• Pavano throws another gem and we can't get him a single run...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Probably the same if the Cubs had wasted a start by Randy Wells. Instead, Wells let up 6 runs in 2 innings, so not really a wasted start.

Good try at a flame though. I'm actually mildly surprised you haven't predicted the Pirates will win the World Series the minute they swept a team in the first week of May. Maybe you're actually learning...

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Probably the same if the Cubs had wasted a start by Randy Wells. Instead, Wells let up 6 runs in 2 innings, so not really a wasted start.

Good try at a flame though. I'm actually mildly surprised you haven't predicted the Pirates will win the World Series the minute they swept a team in the first week of May. Maybe you're actually learning...
              I wasn't trying to flame? And FYI, I have NEVER predicted the Pirates to win the World Series or make the playoffs, or even have a winning record.

Comment

• Haren has nothing going for him but has pitched 8.1 innings so far and only given up 2 ER

Comment

I wasn't trying to flame? And FYI, I have NEVER predicted the Pirates to win the World Series or make the playoffs, or even have a winning record.
                  First, you brought the Cubs/fans into a convo that had nothing to do with them. Yea, you could probably have a legit point if yo was bitching about not scoring in general, but he was bitching about wasting a great start by not being able to score. Pretty much nothing like how the Cubs couldn't score on Burress because they didn't waste a good start by Wells. Not really the same.

Second, I was mocking you because you overreact to everything. After like 2 weeks of the season you said something like watch out for the Pirates they're going to surprise people. And then they promptly went through the worst series of baseball in 109 years.

Please, I know winning is rare for Pirates fans, and it's good you should enjoy it when it does happen. But don't try and make it seem like you didn't bring up the Cubs performance today just to gloat some more because no one cared earlier. There was absolutely no reason to even bring them up other than to bring attention to the fact that a ****** Pirates pitcher dominated them. Congrats.

Comment

First, you brought the Cubs/fans into a convo that had nothing to do with them. Yea, you could probably have a legit point if yo was bitching about not scoring in general, but he was bitching about wasting a great start by not being able to score. Pretty much nothing like how the Cubs couldn't score on Burress because they didn't waste a good start by Wells. Not really the same.

Second, I was mocking you because you overreact to everything. After like 2 weeks of the season you said something like watch out for the Pirates they're going to surprise people. And then they promptly went through the worst series of baseball in 109 years.

Please, I know winning is rare for Pirates fans, and it's good you should enjoy it when it does happen. But don't try and make it seem like you didn't bring up the Cubs performance today just to gloat some more because no one cared earlier. There was absolutely no reason to even bring them up other than to bring attention to the fact that a ****** Pirates pitcher dominated them. Congrats.
                    I actually said they COULD surprise people AT THE BEGINGING OF THE SEASON. Not two weeks into the season. But, I mean, I guess that's the same thing, right?

Comment

I actually said they COULD surprise people AT THE BEGINGING OF THE SEASON. Not two weeks into the season. But, I mean, I guess that's the same thing, right?
                      No it was literally after like a handful of games. It wasn't before the season started or randomly at the beginning. The Pirates I think swept or took 2/3 from someone, or it was the 2nd series of the season, and right after the series win you made that statement. It was so blatantly obvious that you were overreacting to a couple wins by the Pirates, like all of a sudden being 7-3 means they will finally be over .500 for the first time in the better part of 2 decades.

It's not like you aren't known to completely overreact to random wins/good performances.

Comment

No it was literally after like a handful of games. It wasn't before the season started or randomly at the beginning. The Pirates I think swept or took 2/3 from someone, or it was the 2nd series of the season, and right after the series win you made that statement. It was so blatantly obvious that you were overreacting to a couple wins by the Pirates, like all of a sudden being 7-3 means they will finally be over .500 for the first time in the better part of 2 decades.

It's not like you aren't known to completely overreact to random wins/good performances.
                        I might have posted it in the other MLB thread, but I said it after the first game. I said, and I quote, "I know it's only one game, but I am happy to see the bats coming out today. Don't be surprised to see the Pirates surprise."

While I don't think they'll be at .500 this year, I think they could be around there by the end of the season. I know they aren't that good, so don't take my happiness away!

But anyways, am I not allowed to be happy when my team does well? I mean, like you said, I am not used to winning baseball.

Comment

• RIP Scott Kazmir,

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                            RIP Scott Kazmir,
                            5 walks in 4.1. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              5 walks in 4.1. lol
                              Sounds like Charlie Morton on a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                                5 walks in 4.1. lol
                                It's not like that was new, but his stuff has pretty much deteriorated into nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information