MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    How about my man Evan Meek though? Start looking at some positives.
    I do. I love watching this team play whenever Morton doesn't start because Duke, Maholm, Dorf(not this year) gives this team a chance to win because they really limit the other team's offense. Meek has shown very nice progress. Dotel has pitched lights out this month and if it wasn't for two games he pitched that were non save situations, his ERA would be lower than what it is now. Hell, the bullpen as a whole is pitching well if you cut out Penn, Tashner, and Brian Bass' lousy ERAs. Cutch is forming into a superstar. Cedeno is surprising a lot by hitting the ball and playing solid defense. Our top prospects are coming up within next week. Positives come, but that goes away when we see Charlie Morton take the rubber and get smacked around, and management uses the same ******* excuse on why he is still in the rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      I do. I love watching this team play whenever Morton doesn't start because Duke, Maholm, Dorf(not this year) gives this team a chance to win because they really limit the other team's offense. Meek has shown very nice progress. Dotel has pitched lights out this month and if it wasn't for two games he pitched that were non save situations, his ERA would be lower than what it is now. Hell, the bullpen as a whole is pitching well if you cut out Penn, Tashner, and Brian Bass' lousy ERAs. Cutch is forming into a superstar. Cedeno is surprising a lot by hitting the ball and playing solid defense. Our top prospects are coming up within next week. Positives come, but that goes away when we see Charlie Morton take the rubber and get smacked around, and management uses the same ******* excuse on why he is still in the rotation.
      What realistic pieces do you have to dump this year? Can you see anyone wanting anyone on this team except for Doumit?

Comment

What realistic pieces do you have to dump this year? Can you see anyone wanting anyone on this team except for Doumit?
        Personally, I see Duke, although I do not want him gone, Dotel, and Doumit gone. I could see us trading Aki to a contender who needs 2B depth, but I don't know if anyone will want him. Church could be an option as well. But as of now, I will say Duke, Doumit, and Dotel. We have an option on Dotel, so I could see us bringing him back.

Dotel to the Phillies makes sence. Doumit to an AL club makes sence. I know that the Tigers are interested in Duke, but I'd rather just extend him and keep him and Maholm in the rotation.

Comment

Personally, I see Duke, although I do not want him gone, Dotel, and Doumit gone. I could see us trading Aki to a contender who needs 2B depth, but I don't know if anyone will want him. Church could be an option as well. But as of now, I will say Duke, Doumit, and Dotel. We have an option on Dotel, so I could see us bringing him back.

Dotel to the Phillies makes sence. Doumit to an AL club makes sence. I know that the Tigers are interested in Duke, but I'd rather just extend him and keep him and Maholm in the rotation.
          I don't think trading Duke is a good idea either. Doesn't he have another full year before free agency? And there doesn't seem to be a lot of pitching depth. Doumit is the only guy that really makes sense with Sanchez in the system. Maybe you can get a nice arm for him. I don't know who would want him though. It would have to be a contending AL team. Maybe the Rangers? I know they are looking for catchers. But with their situation I don't know if they'd be adding more payroll. I know you said the Rays, but Tampa seems to think that won't happen.

Comment

I don't think trading Duke is a good idea either. Doesn't he have another full year before free agency? And there doesn't seem to be a lot of pitching depth. Doumit is the only guy that really makes sense with Sanchez in the system. Maybe you can get a nice arm for him. I don't know who would want him though. It would have to be a contending AL team. Maybe the Rangers? I know they are looking for catchers. But with their situation I don't know if they'd be adding more payroll. I know you said the Rays, but Tampa seems to think that won't happen.
            Duke will be in his second year of arbitration, but I say lock him up long term. He's been our best pitcher the last few years. Duke-Maholm-Dorf-Lincoln would be a nice foursome of starters.

Doumit is better served as a DH. He can't field all that well and doesn't stay healthy. Can't play another position, but has a nice, but streaky bat. I've seen him linked to Tampa for years, but I too don't think it happens. I just say that to Tampa because he says it won't.

Comment

• man if we'd have had Blake Wood at the beggining of the year maybe the Royals would not have blown 17,000 saves in April

Comment

• Pirates have been linked to Dominican SS Elvis Sanchez. Pirates join the Mets and I believe the Astros for him.

Pirates also signed a 17 year old Domincan named Jonathan Herrand. Reported that his delivery reminds some of a Pedro Martinez and that he can top out at 95 MPH with his fastball.

Comment

• Sanchez has off the charts power. I'd like to have a guy like that in our system.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Randy Wells' stat line for today....

0.0 IP, 6 hits, 5 ER

LMAO!!!!!

Comment

• Morton to DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steven Jackson up. I expect Lincoln to be up Tuesday to make the start for Morton and go from there.

Comment

Morton to DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steven Jackson up. I expect Lincoln to be up Tuesday to make the start for Morton and go from there.
                        I disapprove of this move :(

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• I think today is the greatest day as a Pirate fan.

Comment

• Someone explain to me why the **** Aki is back in the leadoff spot when Cedeno played a hell of a game there last night? Pathetic.

Comment

• Bahahahahahahaha

http://twitter.com/jperrotto/status/14931338074

Comment

I predict Randy Winn doesn't make it until June 10 before getting DFA'd or dumped by the Yankees.
                                Called it over a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information