MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    Oh sorry, I forgot our farm system is awful and we didn't have the prospects to trade for Roy Halladay. Darn!
    ...you guys didn't really have the prospects to trade for Halladay. You couldn't have really offered a better package that the Phillies

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Well you have CF open for a month or two. I think you'd rather him up and playing instead of Angel Pagan.

Pagan played quite well last year. And besides, since Omar and Jerry and running the show it's probably Gary Matthews Jr. as the opening day centerfielder and Francoeur in right because he's a star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Well you have CF open for a month or two. I think you'd rather him up and playing instead of Angel Pagan.
        Probably, but he could use a little more time in the minors to get some AB's against lefties and work on his plate discipline a bit against some guys who aren't necessarily throwing major league stuff.

Pagan is actually a pretty damn good defensive center fielder, though, and isn't a bad hitter.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Fernando Martinez putting up just decent numbers in Spring Training..

.591/.542/1.136/1.678

WEAK!
          I'd be somewhat concerned with his OBP being that much lower than his BA. Mashing in spring training is normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
            ...you guys didn't really have the prospects to trade for Halladay. You couldn't have really offered a better package that the Phillies
            Uh, I'm guessing you know nothing about our farm system, or even the Phillies for that matter, but a package of Mejia, F-Mart, and Davis would have been much better than what you got in return.

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
            I'd be somewhat concerned with his OBP being that much lower than his BA. Mashing in spring training is normal.
            It's a concern, which is why he could use some more time in the minors, but to be fair, when he's pretty much crushing everything thrown to him I don't think it can be held against him too much.

Comment

• I'd like him to get more time in AAA also. He has some things to work on like Forenci said. Pagan will be fine for a month in CF.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Carlos Silva with 4 scoreless innings. WHY CAN'T YOU SUCK IN SPRING TRAINING SO YOU GET CUT YOU USELESS SACK OF ****!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said that prospect right-hander Stephen Strasburg will soon be sent down to the minors, according to Jim Duquette of Sirius XM's MLB Home Plate.

It would have been quite a feat for Strasburg to skip the minors altogether, but this news shouldn't surprise anybody who has followed what Rizzo has had to say all along. There's no question that Strasburg has the stuff to pitch in the majors right now, but the Nationals would like to acclimate him to the rigors of professional baseball -- i.e. pitching every five days. Though they won't admit it, the Nationals would also delay Strasburg's free agency by keeping him in the minors to begin the season. Just don't expect him to stay down there for long.

-Rotoworld

Comment

• Dominic Brown is the sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                      Dominic Brown is the sex.
                      Too bad he's blocked by the soon to be terrible dinosaur.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Too bad he's blocked by the soon to be terrible dinosaur.
                        Maybe we can trade him to an AL team at the deadline. :)

But, probably not.

Comment

• I read that the Nationals released Elijah Dukes. Wow, this surprises me. I wonder if someone takes a chance on him.

Comment

Uh, I'm guessing you know nothing about our farm system, or even the Phillies for that matter, but a package of Mejia, F-Mart, and Davis would have been much better than what you got in return.
                            but that would have absolutely crippled your farm system which there is no chance the Mets would realistically do. The phils had the ammo to make a very good offer as well as continue to have a decent farm system

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              but that would have absolutely crippled your farm system which there is no chance the Mets would realistically do. The phils had the ammo to make a very good offer as well as continue to have a decent farm system
                              You implied we didn't have the prospects, I countered and said we did. And we actually do have a bunch of other good/decent prospects as well. Jeryus Familia, Kyle Allen, Ruben Tejada, Wilmer Flores, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Josh Thole, etc.

Everyone just assumes that we're not a great farm system, and we aren't, but we're not bad either. Middle of the pack, to slightly above it.

Comment

• Ron Washington tested positive for Cocaine last July. Hammy has been such a terrible influence. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information