MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Could have been but seems like more of a coincidence.
    Maybe but oh wait they actually know what the schedule is so they gave the kid some softball clubs to build his confidence and pad his stats.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Maybe but oh wait they actually know what the schedule is so they gave the kid some softball clubs to build his confidence and pad his stats.
      It had more to do with Super 2 status passing than the lineups he would have to face.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        Strasburg shits on Lincecum's stuff
        Which part? Lincecum's 2-seam, change, curve combo is just as good as Strasburg, but it lacks the excellent 4-seamer and other breaking balls (I saw some stuff that looked like a slider and a slurve, but I didn't see the grip so I'm not sure) that Strasburgh offers.
        Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 06-08-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
          Strasburg might just make me want to watch baseball again.
          Too bad the Nats are never on TV.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
            Strasburg might just make me want to watch baseball again.
            The fact that you don't watch the best sport in the universe makes me very sad.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              Too bad the Nats are never on TV.
              Lies, they're always on MASN

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• Lincecum's velocity is not even close to the same as when he debuted.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It had more to do with Super 2 status passing than the lineups he would have to face.
                  And if the schedule right now were the Phillies, Braves, and Marlins Steve would have debuted later this month

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• He can't throw his change for strikes, all you have to do is look fastball

Comment

Lincecum's velocity is not even close to the same as when he debuted.
                      He dropped the speed to become a more efficient finesse (ish) pitcher, which worked very well.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        And if the schedule right now were the Phillies, Braves, and Marlins Steve would have debuted later this month
                        Doubt it. He was learning nothing in the minors.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          He dropped the speed to become a more efficient finesse (ish) pitcher, which worked very well.
                          I know this. It's not working that well this year though.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Lincecum's velocity is not even close to the same as when he debuted.
                            This is true. Since he's started learning how to use his splitter/changeup so much better, he's obviously not striding quite as hard to generate that upper 90's fastball. It's obviously helped him, as his K/9 rate is exactly the same and his K/BB rate is significantly lower than it was the past two years.

Comment

I know this. It's not working that well this year though.
                              It's called a rough patch.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Yeah Fangraphs had an article on it earlier this year.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information