Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    Roberts isn't ready for what, exactly?

    What?
    His back is still troublesome, must be from knowing he doesn't have to do it all anymore :D

    Magical sig by OSUGiants

    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


    Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

    Comment


    • I completely forgot about Roberts back injury. Oh well, Wieters can pull double duty at catcher and 2nd.


      RIP TheManInBlack

      Comment


      • herniated disc and his playing style means a big risk. Roberts has looked so far but it is only a fewer than 5 games.

        anyways, there are few milestones for Yankees this year.

        Arod- 17 away from 600 HR. * or not.

        Posada- 12 away from 1500 hits, 8 away from 350 doubles, 7 away from 250 HR. if done, 5th catcher ever.

        Jeter- 275 away from 4000 times on base. 41st player if done.

        Sabathia- 14 away from 150 career wins.

        Teixeria- 8 away from 250 HR.

        what is another team' milestones?

        Comment


        • Two questions:

          Is there cause for concern with Wandy's terrible spring?

          Is Julio Borbon too legit to quit?
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

          Comment


          • The opening day cleanup hitter for the New York Mets... Mike Jacobs. Yes, the god awful baseball player that couldn't even cut it with the Royals. That's the one.

            Comment


            • John Rauch is the Twins closer. I like the move, and think that he will be just fine. Any reason the Twins should win less then 90 games?

              Bonekrusher.

              Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by prock View Post
                John Rauch is the Twins closer. I like the move, and think that he will be just fine. Any reason the Twins should win less then 90 games?
                I think 90 will still be tough for them. Even with Nathan.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by prock View Post
                  John Rauch is the Twins closer. I like the move, and think that he will be just fine. Any reason the Twins should win less then 90 games?
                  86-88 is way more realistic.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                    86-88 is way more realistic.

                    If we can win 88 I don't see any reason why we can't win 90. We won 87 last year and have improved our lineup since then, and if Liriano bounces back I'd say we're winning 90 for sure.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      If we can win 88 I don't see any reason why we can't win 90. We won 87 last year and have improved our lineup since then, and if Liriano bounces back I'd say we're winning 90 for sure.
                      Yeah maybe. But who knows if everyone plays as well as they did last year. I still don't think the starting staff is that great at all.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        Yeah maybe. But who knows if everyone plays as well as they did last year. I still don't think the starting staff is that great at all.

                        Baker and Slowey are solid, Liriano's a wildcard. Other than that you're right, Pavano and Blackburn are pretty meh.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Baker and Slowey are solid, Liriano's a wildcard. Other than that you're right, Pavano and Blackburn are pretty meh.
                          Yeah, you need a true ace. I think the Twins are the best team in the central, but you don't have anyone to match up with the aces on some of the other central teams, let alone teams in the East or West.

                          Comment


                          • I need to go to a Mariners game soon.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                            Comment


                            • Twins are playing their first exhibition game at Target Field. Span robbed Pujols of extra bases to end the 1st and then led off the bottom half of the inning with a triple :)
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                Yeah, you need a true ace. I think the Twins are the best team in the central, but you don't have anyone to match up with the aces on some of the other central teams, let alone teams in the East or West.
                                I believe Baker could take on that role for them. He'll never have great stuff, but he should put up the numbers that would qualify him as their ace. The Twins will be fine this year, they're always one of the best managed organizations in baseball.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information