No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really a fan of how they're handling him...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• how would you handle me?
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        THAT ****** SUCKS ASS.
        This was my biggest fear. Dammit.

Why can assholes like Rocket Clemens last so long, but this genuine nice dude, flameballer breaks down like that so soon.

I don't think Clemens was taking steroids back in the 80's and early 90's.....
        Simple, his mechanics.

http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/...Strasburg.html

http://www.bareknucks.com/why-stephe...ext-mark-prior

Strasburg has what we call an "inverted W".. It basically putting insane amounts of strain and pressure on your shoulders and elbow. He has pretty similar mechanics to Prior, Woods, Chris Carpenter, Smoltz etc..

Clemens, Maddux, Ryan etc.. Had perfect Mechanics. They didnt put the strain on their arms and had long careers because of it(even a guy on the juice is not going to stay healthy with mechanics like I mentioned above).

Maddux probably had the best mechanics ever.. If you have kids, or are a kid yourself, model your motion like his. A modern day pitcher with top notch mechanics that will last probably 10 years.. Cliff Lee.

From the article above:

The “Inverted W”: Lastly, but most importantly, are the mechanical questions in regards to his delivery. This is where Mark Prior’s name comes in. Prior, much like Strasburg, was one of the most highly touted pitching prospects of the past twenty years. However, these two pitchers share another alarming similarity, and it’s known as the “Inverted W.” It has been said that Strasburg’s delivery is heavily influenced by Prior’s as it is remarkably similar. The “Inverted W” is the way the arms appear in the form of a W while addressing the plate prior to the release of a pitch. While this isn’t necessarily a negative 100% of the time, it does result in extra pressure on the elbow and often causes a pitcher to rush his delivery. This makes Strasburg a high injury risk. This could also be the reasoning behind his tendency to elevate his fastball from time to time.
        Hope this helps.
        Last edited by elway=goat; 08-28-2010, 08:35 AM.
        bill belichick quote:
        stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Comment

• FANTASY BASEBALL QUESTION.

as many of you may remember I am in a fantasy baseball keeper league. It is nearing the end of the season and unfortunately I am out of contention. However, I need some help in regards to who to keep. You keep 10 out of 20 players.

Keepers right now:

1.Matt Kemp
          2.Buster Posey
          3.Adrian Gonzalez
          4.Jose Reyes
          5.Mike Stanton
          6.Felix Hernandez
          7.Justin Verlander
          8.Clay Bucholz
          9.Jeremy Hellickson
          10. Brian Matusz

Players I am not keeping but are still potential candidates

1. Pablo Sandoval
          2.Curtis Granderson
          3.Max Scherzer
          4.Aroldis Chapman(just picked him yesterday...mainly as trade bait)
          5.Austin Jackson.

I have also been talking to manager and think I may be able to swing a Max Scherzer and Brian Matusz for Cliff Lee deal.

Any help on which keepers to keep as well as on my potential deal would be much appreciated

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman apparently hit 105 Friday on a fastball.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• Charlie Morton is called up, pitching tomorrow. Either he's going to pitch like he has in his last few outings in AAA or get bombed like he was in the earlier part of the year. I'll go with the bombed.

Comment

• There umps are ******* horrendous.

**** this ****

Comment

• Nick Blackburn just threw 8 2/3 innings of 2 hit baseball. I wish there were Mariner fans on here that I could mercilessly ridicule.

Comment

• The Mariners couldn't hit in AA.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5506472

Nyjer Morgan will now have a problem everytime he visits Philadelphia. Go ahead and trash Philly now. I guess we're to blame for getting in the player's head here?
                      Last edited by tjsunstein; 08-28-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Sooooo... question for the masses.... hope someone can clear this up for me.

What's the point of putting someone on the waivers if you don't plan on letting him go?
                        (i.e. Ramirez and Damon.... I know they have no-trade clauses)

Is that just to let them know that they're not wanted?
                        Detroit seemed happy about keeping him... so why place him on waivers in the first place?
                        What does that accomplish?

+rep for response
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• So we bring ******* Scott Atchison in and he promptly loses the game. Shocker :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                            So we bring ******* Scott Atchison in and he promptly loses the game. Shocker :/
                            yea, about that... smh

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                              Sooooo... question for the masses.... hope someone can clear this up for me.

What's the point of putting someone on the waivers if you don't plan on letting him go?
                              (i.e. Ramirez and Damon.... I know they have no-trade clauses)

Is that just to let them know that they're not wanted?
                              Detroit seemed happy about keeping him... so why place him on waivers in the first place?
                              What does that accomplish?

+rep for response
                              If they don't plan on letting him go for free, they put him on waivers to see what kind of offers they could get for the player. If they don't like what they're seeing, they pull him back.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                If they don't plan on letting him go for free, they put him on waivers to see what kind of offers they could get for the player. If they don't like what they're seeing, they pull him back.
                                Seems ****** up to the player to let them know he's available...
                                Why put them on waivers? Why not put it out there to the league that he's available?
                                If someone says they want him... then place him on waivers...

Does that not make sense or is there some mlb rule that doesn't allow trade talks after the deadline unless a player is on waivers?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information