No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to keep Max Scherzer. Keep him over Matusz.

CARLOS GONZALEZ just hit #27.

He's also walked 6 times in his last ten games.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      Seems ****** up to the player to let them know he's available...
      Why put them on waivers? Why not put it out there to the league that he's available?
      If someone says they want him... then place him on waivers...

Does that not make sense or is there some mlb rule that doesn't allow trade talks after the deadline unless a player is on waivers?
      Because after the Non-waiver Trade Deadline, all trades up until the final deadline have to have the players passing through waivers.

So teams do that to abide by the rules of MLB, but also by placing them on waivers it allows them to see what other teams have interest.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by elway=goat View Post
        Simple, his mechanics.

http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/...Strasburg.html

http://www.bareknucks.com/why-stephe...ext-mark-prior

Strasburg has what we call an "inverted W".. It basically putting insane amounts of strain and pressure on your shoulders and elbow. He has pretty similar mechanics to Prior, Woods, Chris Carpenter, Smoltz etc..

Clemens, Maddux, Ryan etc.. Had perfect Mechanics. They didnt put the strain on their arms and had long careers because of it(even a guy on the juice is not going to stay healthy with mechanics like I mentioned above).

Maddux probably had the best mechanics ever.. If you have kids, or are a kid yourself, model your motion like his. A modern day pitcher with top notch mechanics that will last probably 10 years.. Cliff Lee.

From the article above:

Hope this helps.
        I was just going to talk about this. If you look at alot of the pitchers who have spent time on the 60 day, and have had serious injuries look at their mechanics and i think you will see alot of that "Inverted W" or "equal opposites" its too bad.....but it happens.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• braves better get the pennant this year. phillies are too close though.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
            braves better get the pennant this year. phillies are too close though.
            two games is not too close with the way we are playing. we're playing like ****. heartless almost. we're too cocky for our own good, at the point where we think we can win without doing anything with the exception of Halladay and Oswalt. it's awful to watch. bad baseball.

Comment

• Man do I love Charlie Morton.

Comment

• Matt Diaz is a terrible human being.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• This should end well.
                  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodg...white-sox.html

Comment

• Twins can't afford to give away games to the ******* Mariners...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• We probably can actually. The division has been in the bag for a while now. Still a little frustrating to score one run off of Luke French though.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        We probably can actually. The division has been in the bag for a while now. Still a little frustrating to score one run off of Luke French though.
                        I am not counting my chickens quite yet.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Looks like Manny will accept to go to the White Sox.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                            FANTASY BASEBALL QUESTION.

as many of you may remember I am in a fantasy baseball keeper league. It is nearing the end of the season and unfortunately I am out of contention. However, I need some help in regards to who to keep. You keep 10 out of 20 players.

Keepers right now:

1.Matt Kemp
                            2.Buster Posey
                            3.Adrian Gonzalez
                            4.Jose Reyes
                            5.Mike Stanton
                            6.Felix Hernandez
                            7.Justin Verlander
                            8.Clay Bucholz
                            9.Jeremy Hellickson
                            10. Brian Matusz

Players I am not keeping but are still potential candidates

1. Pablo Sandoval
                            2.Curtis Granderson
                            3.Max Scherzer
                            4.Aroldis Chapman(just picked him yesterday...mainly as trade bait)
                            5.Austin Jackson.

Any help on which keepers to keep as well as on my potential deal would be much appreciated
                            Bumping this for some input

Comment

• Two games behind the Braves for first in the division.
                              A game and a half lead over the Giants for the wild card, two games over St. Louis.

This is going to be interesting. I'm not sure how much I like having a late afternoon game in Colorado a day before we start our next home series against Milwaukee.

Comment

• it has been a few days so....

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information